From the Himalayas, to UNESCO World Heritage Sites including Pashupatinath Temple, to the incredible people and wildlife, Nepal is an incredible destination for the adventurous. Though one of the poorest countries in the world, it is also one of the happiest. Nepali people have a peaceful and giving nature which you will experience on a daily basis during your placement.
Kaya Responsible Travel work with volunteer placements in Nepal which strive to make a lasting positive impact on the surrounding community. Specifically focused on the empowerment of women and children that have come from vulnerable backgrounds, including victims of domestic abuse and sex trafficking, the project teaches women organic farming methods, and the women are provided with their own plot of land to tend. The farm has a school for children, which you would also be volunteering in on this placement.
- Empower women and children from vulnerable backgrounds
- Lend a hand on the working organic farm, and eat the locally grown produce
- Assist in the school on the farm
- Help look after the farm's livestock
- Work as a photography, film and community volunteer - spend time each day taking photos, filming, and editing. Help the women tell their story and develop practical skills