Volunteer on a clean water project in Nepal

Volunteer on a clean water project in Nepal

Please Note this project is no longer available and will be deleted from this website soon. EHN offers a range of other projects so please browse.

We are looking for people who are interested in coming to Nepal to help in our Baghmati river project to provide drinking water for families along the river.

At present the water content is so polluted it cant sustain marine life never mind Humans. But this water is still used along the river because there isnt any other option. We believe by implementing lifestraws we can help give a better quality of life for the people there.Each volunteer will have a part in training, implementing and monitoring their own lifestraws paid for from their fees.
Please choose another one of our projects.

Asia » Nepal
Project Types
For more details on the lifestraw project please ask.

Out of £80 admin fee we actually return what is left over if not used.

AnhonyShock
UK
Bangor University

Completely recommended! :)

I volunteered with EHN for 3 weeks in September 2012. It was my first abroad volunteering experience, so it was pretty scary and was all new to me.

First thing that attracted me to EHN was the cheap program cost. That's pretty much what you initially look for, right? EHN beat everywhere in terms of cost - they're one of the most economical, honest organisations I have ever encountered.

The projects they provide are in areas of real need in Nepal, and are well-evaluated by EHN staff to ensure they're safe, ethically sound, and so you know what to expect before you start. Some of the projects were quite difficult at times; sometimes the local project staff were hard to work with, but that's essentially real life. That was the most important thing I learnt during my experience with EHN: it was real life out there, and it's not consistently easy and joyous. Really, the same applies to all projects worldwide. If you don't feel the real hardship of the community you stay with, you haven't been given the true experience that you perhaps paid a lot of money for. EHN seemed far more committed to providing a genuine experience than any other organisations like Frontier or ProjectsAbroad, and at a much much much lower price.

I couldn't recommend EHN enough for your Nepal visit! :)

The organisation is still young, so there were some minor hiccups. When I visited in September 2012, the organisation had experienced an unexpected boom in volunteers and the staff suddenly had a heavy workload to deal with.

I still check in on EHN at present and they have since recruited an extra group of people to help them cope with the demand and keep up the good things they do

EHN was first set up in 2010 as a Nepali NGO called Experience Himalayan Nepal but in 2014 we registered as Education & Health Nepal after the two fields we want to concentrate on. And since that day And since day 1 we have been