Volunteer in Nepal - Lowest Fees & Trusted Since 2003

A trip to the majestic Himalayan country of Nepal will leave you with rich memories that will last a lifetime. Volunteering in Nepal will be heart fulfilling. Global Crossroad needs compassionate and adventurous volunteers like you!
Nepal is a hugely diverse and always spectacular travel destination. You can go river rafting, trek through the impressive Himalayan Mountains, ride a jungle elephant through lavish foliage, or visit the World Peace Pagoda at Lake Phewa Tal.
You'll combine a lively tourist destination with meaningful humanitarian assistance to Nepal's gentle, yet greatly in need people. Global Crossroad invites you to enjoy a volunteering experience in Nepal and help heal the sick, work in an orphanage or even work as a photojournalist! There are many different volunteer programs in Nepal to choose from, so it will be easy to find one that suits you perfectly.

• Join thousands of volunteers on affordable programs helping to change the world one family at a time
  • Guaranteed lowest program fees in the US – starting at $100 per week.
  • Contribute in the way that is most meaningful to you and get a life changing experience.
  • Your fees directly benefit the volunteer project – there are no middlemen
  • Your safety is always our priority… every volunteer location has been thoroughly vetted

harini

Volunteer in Nepal mary children help centre

When I came to Nepal I did not expect much. But, just stepping foot onto the ground of the help center made me feel that i could help the society and of course the children. The room i was staying in was not the best but i made do with what i had. I just thought about how these children have to sleep on these beds everyday and they do not make a fuss about it, therefore, i told myself it is just 4 nights I can handle it. When it came to the food I was not expecting chicken or any kind of meat. I am not fussy with food but the food was not to my taste buds of spicy and very hot food it was easy and simple and tasty. I usually do not like non-spicy and vegetarian food as I love meat but i to bite by bite with a open mind and heart. The children were friendly and playful. i would take alternate nights spending one night with the older kids and one night with the younger kids. Not being bias but I feel that i connected more with the older kids as we are around the same age but when it came to the younger kids I had to find my inner child and play and talk to them. It was fun interacting with everyone. Each had their own type of personality and qualities which made each one unique and having a place in my heart. The company was very well organized from picking up a the airport to letting me have a place to stay for the night and having very nice home cooked food. Thank you so much for this wonderful fruitful experience. Hope to come back again.

Mirella

Taught young monks english in a Buddhist monastery

My experience initially was a bit shell shocked. I moved into a room with a shower that had no hot water, and the toilet did not always work. However, I did not come for the luxuries of the Ritz Carlton, I am came for the experience, AND and experience it was. I stayed with an initial host family for a week and learned NEPALI from a wonderful teacher named Pratima. I do wish however that I did not have to spend a week in this place because I was bored after the Nepali lessons and it was not in a part of time particularly interesting. A week later I moved into another host family house, and the situation was much improved because I finally got to meet my students and I was also living in a better location. I liked this second location more because it was in close proximity to monkey temple and also close to the fun downtown district, THAMEL. Again, I was not pleased that I had to take cold showers and that there were power outages at moments.

Meeting and teaching the monks was an awesome experience. I fell in love with all my students. I am not a teacher in the USA, but teaching comes innately to me and being around such sharp, thirsty minds was an honor. It was also a great honor to join them in their ceremonies, and learning about such an old and brilliant culture.

I do not think that the airport fee us justified. It's $50 when I can go to the airport round trip for $20 or less. I also thought that the daily cost of living fee was too high. I could stay in a hotel in Thamel, with hot water for $15 USD and afford to eat anything I want. I was only a mile from the schools. In the future, I will not be staying with a host family as I do not feel I need to have a curfew and eat the same food every day.

In summation, despite some of the negatives, such as cold water, and over priced living costs, I had a magical experience with my students and they touch my heart to this very day. I will not forget the intrinsic and extrinsic beauty of Nepal. I hope to return some day AND I highly insist that every one have this experience.

I have recommended this program to a friend but I warned him about the shower situation, the early curfew, and the surprise fees such as, getting charged 500 rupees a week from DIDI when I could stay at a hotel and get free internet.
Scott

Medical Program in Nepal

Me and my friend went to Nepal with the intention of Volunteering in A Medical Program and Exploring the culture. I must say both of our intention was well met through Global Crossroad Program. We really enjoyed our stay in Nepal. We had a teacher to teach us Nepalese Language and Culture. This was very helpful. The hospital was a bit difficult in the beginning because we could not understand a lot. We improved a lot over the 4 weeks of our stay. We feel very fortunate to have learned about the health care system in Nepal and all about the culture. We really loved our host mom. She was so sweet and an Amazing Cook!

Everything was arranged well and you could always talk to the members from Global Crossroad. They are doing a wonderful job!

This program should have more medical equipment and resources. If so I believe we would have been able to reach more individuals in need. I would also say that proper arrangements made though Global Crossroad for volunteers to reach and help out the people in the most needing communities of Nepal would be great not only for the communities but also for the volunteers.

About Global Crossroad

Global Crossroad, LLC is one of the world's fastest growing international volunteer vacation organizations. Its ever-expanding programs offer a variety of volunteer and travel programs in 18 different countries throughout Asia, Africa, Europe, and...