Volunteer in Nepal - Lowest Fees & Trusted Since 2003

A trip to the majestic Himalayan country of Nepal will leave you with rich memories that will last a lifetime. Volunteering in Nepal will be heart fulfilling. Global Crossroad needs compassionate and adventurous volunteers like you!

Nepal is a hugely diverse and always spectacular travel destination. You can go river rafting, trek through the impressive Himalayan Mountains, ride a jungle elephant through lavish foliage, or visit the World Peace Pagoda at Lake Phewa Tal.

You'll combine a lively tourist destination with meaningful humanitarian assistance to Nepal's gentle, yet greatly in need people. Global Crossroad invites you to enjoy a volunteering experience in Nepal and help heal the sick, work in an orphanage or even work as a photojournalist! There are many different volunteer programs in Nepal to choose from, so it will be easy to find one that suits you perfectly.

• Join thousands of volunteers on affordable programs helping to change the world one family at a time
  • Guaranteed lowest program fees in the US – starting at $100 per week.
  • Contribute in the way that is most meaningful to you and get a life changing experience.
  • Your fees directly benefit the volunteer project – there are no middlemen
  • Your safety is always our priority… every volunteer location has been thoroughly vetted

Jacob

Nepal Orphanage Work

It was a fun experience and definitely enjoyed myself and im sure my friends did as well. I felt our placement lacked a need for us volunteering. The help from the staff was perfect and they helped whenever we asked. The children at our placement taught as a lot about how to appreciate what you got and make the best out of everything. Over Christmas it was enjoyable and great to see how the family interacted and celebrated. Although church was difficult, as it was protestant and in nepali. Great experience overall, other programs might be more enriching though.

Look into the program more and see what you are interested in the most. I'd reccomend teaching monks english.
Response from Global Crossroad

Dear Jacob,

Thank you for your feedback. Wish you a prosperous New Year and all the best the best for your future endeavours.

rohan

2 weeks at orphanage

the host family was very accommodating. the kids are so independent it was initially hard to feel useful. however, it didn’t take long to become more involved.

the food was very basic but there was plenty of it so can’t complain. would’ve been pleased with a bit more mattress between me n a metal bed frame but again, wasn’t expecting much.

we had lots of fun, it was very exciting to spend christmas with such a big family - it was a very wholesome experience.

the cost. with a total of 500 USD i would have liked it if more money actually made it to the orphanage rather than the various layers of management above it.
Response from Global Crossroad

Dear Rohan,

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy that your enjoyed your experience. We understand about the program fees but we also need to manage our websites and all our employees so that the program becomes visible. All these takes much work. We hope you understand.

We wish you all the best in your future endeavours.

James

Rcdp review

Global crossroads does as described by finding you a program to volunteer in and supply support services on call. Overall good. Host family were very friendly and provided a great place to be. We lacked purpose in a program and were constantly told to rest and food consisted of mainly rice. At the end of the day it’s what you expect it to be. I was not pleased with the program but global crossroads was warm and an excellent service. Other volunteer I met during my time with global crossroads had more purpose.

Response from Global Crossroad

Thank you for your your honest feedback. We wish you all the best for your future endeavours.

Olivia

Volunteering at Mary Home Orphanage in Nepal

We had the most amazing experience on our volunteering project in Nepal. We were placed in Kathmandu (we had originally requested Pokhara but they were unable to fulfill that), we weren’t at all disappointed!
Mary Home orphanage provides a fantastic home to 10 children. They are very well cared for.
They looked after us well and we feel that we developed life long friendships.
Global crossroad and the organisers were in contact with us throughout the trip. However, I think the registration fee to Global crossroad was quite high. It was over $300 and whilst the program was great that money was simply an expensive admin fee. There was also a separate program fee to cover the room and board costs in Nepal and to support the local organisation.

Kent

Volunteer Teaching at a Monastery

My wife and I spent eight weeks teaching English at the monastery. We both have teaching experience in the United States so we were able to apply a lot of what we know to the classroom here in Nepal. It was very rewarding to see the children learn English and become more comfortable speaking and writing in English as well.

The in country support staff were helpful and able to address our needs and request when needed. They were flexible when we had some concerns about housing accommodations and were able to respond to our needs In a satisfactory manner.

We ended up staying at the Volunteer house in Kathman do and had a great experience being able to meet the other volunteers coming in and out when starting and ending their programs. We also enjoyed the family we stayed with and the food was always good.

The monastery does not have a set curriculum for teaching English so I would recommend to anyone coming into this program to do some research in teaching English and come prepared to teach a wide variety of skill levels in order to have the biggest impact on the kids.

I think the best way to improve the program would be to create, or provide a curriculum for volunteers to follow so that the students get a consistent and structured lesson each day that flows from one volunteer leaving to a new volunteer arriving.
Response from Global Crossroad

Dear Kent,

Thank you so much for taking out the time to write us a feedback. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your time in Nepal. Thank you gain for volunteering with us and we wish you all the best in your future endeavours.

Mia

Great experience!

I think overall this experience was a great opportunity to meet new and kind people from another culture! Our host family was very kind and kept us well feed. The staff checked in with us constantly and helped anytime we asked!

The students we taught were great and will definitely live in my heart long after we leave Nepal. It was definitely a new experience and well worth the adventure! Being able to see their growth in English was a great thing.

Neighboring towns were a short bus ride away to have new experiences. There is always something new to see or experience! From temples, to free roaming monkeys to cows who have learned to cross the street, each day was a new wonder! We are thankful for the time we spent here, the things we have learned and the opportunity to hopefully have an impact in another country!

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
I think the most nerve racking thing about Nepal is the traffic. Everyday is a new, hair raising adventure.
Response from Global Crossroad

Dear Mia

Hui

Supplying Education materials to schools and orphanage

AirPort pick up was great. He was vertical helpful. Sujan and pratima were together and they introduced each other beforehand. We drived to orphanage and we got chances to see orphanage in remote areas. It was pretty we really like views and people’s a round us. After we visited orphanage we backed to hostel(volunteer houses). They’re vertical nice and didi was great. She cooked delicious foods to us. We like her food. We also learn how to make momo.

Next morning We went to school and visited principle and decide about periods that we would like to take. It was very nicely school they’re vertically friendly and cooperative.Ms pratima has been vertical supporting to us during our time here And while we were in school she helped a lot. She is excellent guide. She is vertical kind and her personality is very warm and sweet.

We had donate different educational materials to schools, orphanage and different poor peoples here In Kathmandu. They are very Happy to get all those things fronting us.

We will like to recommend this Program.And thanks for giving this kind of opportunity to us.

Response from Global Crossroad

Dear Hui and Shirly,

Thank you for taking out the time to write us a feedback. Also, thank you for taking out the time to volunteer with us and also for donating the educational supplies. It means a lot to us. We are also happy to know that you enjoyed your time in Nepal.

We wish you all the best for your future endeavours and hope we can see you again in the future!

Shirly

Teaching in Nepal

It was a very fun time teaching in Nepal. Everything went smoothly and the people here were very nice. The children were very happy and eager to learn. We taught them Chinese and English and it was very sad to leave them. The accommodations were very nice and the food was great too. We also visited orphanages and we had a great time there too. The children there were very open and liked to talk to us. They danced for us and we danced with them as well. We had the time to interact with the children personally and learned about their interests and where they come from. Overall it was a great experience and everything went smoothly. It was nice to experience a different culture and to learn more from them. I would of course come again because it was a very fun trip.

What was your funniest moment?
The kids were very happy and eager to learn. They also love candy!
Response from Global Crossroad

Dear Shirly,

Thank you for volunteering with us and for taking out the time to write us a feedback. We are happy to know that you had a good time with the children and enjoyed your overall experience in Nepal.