FIMRC's Virtual Volunteer Programs

COVID-19 Program Updates

Due to global health & safety concerns and travel restrictions related to the coronavirus, Foundation for International Medical Relief of Children has decided to offer flexible booking options for some of their upcoming programs. Learn more about COVID-19 updates to stay tuned regarding program information.

In response to COVID-19, FIMRC has developed innovative and exciting virtual volunteer opportunities so we can continue to provide quality healthcare to our communities while offering our volunteers a comprehensive global health experience from home. Participants will gain access to essential global health resources and information from experts in the field, including clinical exposure, community engagement, and program development.

We have five different programs to choose from: Virtual Global Health Volunteer Experience, Virtual Global Health Fellowship, Virtual Global Health Leadership Training, Virtual Global Health Training, and the Spanish-only Voluntariado Virtual de Salud. Each program is tailored to participants’ needs and interests. Topics include COVID-19, communicable diseases, infectious disease, public health initiatives, global health programming in developing countries, and much more.

• Virtual Volunteer Opportunities
  • Clinical Experiences
  • Interactions with Global Health and Development Experts
  • Volunteer Projects
  • Engage with Like-minded Peers

Flexible Booking Options & Virtual Volunteer Opportunities

We allow flexible booking options as well as virtual volunteer opportunities!

Hi there! Great question. There are no requirements needed to join our Virtual Volunteer Programs. We welcome anyone interested in joining whether you are a high school student looking to learn more, a medical student, or an experienced healthcare professional. The only requirement is that you are excited to contribute to FIMRC’s mission! Certain programs are specifically tailored for students-...

• Content 9.5
  • Engagement 10
  • Platform 10
Eesha

FIMRC's Global Health Leadership Training

I believe FIMRC did a great job teaching the students more about fimrc and how it's run as well as enhanced our knowledge towards the global health topic! I have learned so much throughout this program, from different career introductions, to what FIMRC provides to their different sites. I would be honored to visit one of the fimrc sites in the future and get further involved with FIMRC! The staff is so welcoming and helpful and enhances our fimrc experience greatly! Keep up the great work FIMRC!

I honestly believe this program is great for how it is! I loved my experience with FIMRC as all the staff were super welcoming and helpful and definitely would like to visit one of the sites in the future!
Krishna

FIMRC Online Volunteering Program

A member in my family has previously volunteered with FIMRC overseas and she told me about this virtual opportunity due to the COVID outbreak; it was definitely an amazing opportunity and I enjoyed it. Not only was it fulfilling to know that the program you created will actually be implemented but it was so much fun to work with the FIMRC team. I definitely recommend this experience for anyone who wants some volunteering experience and who wants some exposure with global health! With this experience I’m looking forward to actually traveling with FIMRC!

The only thing that I’d say that could be improved is that I wish the program was slightly longer. But it was definitely a fun experience
Bhanu

My experience

Even though I wasn’t able to Visit the site, the experience I was given through the program made me feel like I still made a difference. With everything that is going on I believe that the program was amazingly structured and would recommend it to many of my friends. I am so thankful for this experience. This program allowed me to feel like I still made a difference while being able to learn a lot about global health. I learned a lot of new information while being able to work on a project for one of their sites.

I believe that maybe having a few more calls or a few more simulation type activities would keep it very engaging.
Rabiatu

My unique FIMRC experience

I had an amazing experience working with FIMRC through my school for a period of ten days. I loved working with the staff because they were quite professional, courteous and responsive every step of the way. A worthwhile experience! I am particularly impressed by their dedication to their programs, it gives me the encouragement to know that the world can be better. It will really be nice to one day volunteer in person in one of these FIMRC sites. I love helping people and FIMRC is the perfect organization.

The only thing I would improve is for FIMRC to give out certificate of participation, because we didn't get and that is important for resume.