Health and Medical Programs in Panama

Health and Medical Programs in Panama

Assist in providing community and medical services to those in need while gaining global health experience and immersing yourself in a new culture!

Panama contains a rich array of cultures ranging from indigenous and Latino to peoples of African, Asian, and European descent. ISL offers a wide variety of programming to the region. Teams usually consist of 6-14 volunteers and are accompanied by ISL staff and licensed health professionals.

ISL Programs in Panama:
- Global Health
- Dental
- Nursing
- Optometry
- Veterinary
- Ecology
- Hike for Humanity

• ISL has over 20 years of experience providing volunteers opportunities in 12 different countries
  • Our programs are always coordinated by our in-country employees, who are locals and know the area and culture well
  • We work under the direction of the local government Ministries of Health, and students are only involved to the extent that these officials approve
  • We treat acute conditions only and maintain contact with, and in most cases, re-visit work sites again and again to ensure a lasting relationship
Panama City
Project Types
Year Round
Price includes a customized itinerary and pre-travel planning, airport pick up/drop off, lodging, ground transportation, 2 meals per day, 24/7 ISL staff accompaniment, local medical professionals, learning seminars and project supplies.

Culturally Immersed

We had an absolutely amazing trip. What made the trip so amazing... our incredible leader. She went out of her way to not only make sure we were equipped to work with our patients and provide them with the highest quality care we were capable of, but also that we learned a lot about the country we went to and about their culture. Overall I would highly highly recommend ISL because of the special people you will meet on your trip. The experience is truly humbling.

Because our trip landed on a holiday break we did not do what most groups do for ISL trips. Rather than setting up a clinic and providing care to people in need, we went and did check-ups on kids in a foster home/orphanage. I wish we would have known this up front, because I just wondered what all our funds we spent on the trip went towards, since we did not set up a pharmacy or spend money on medications for the patients.

Great trip

I can't begin to put into words how, truly incredible this trip was. (oxymoron) It was without a doubt the most rewarding experience of my short life, so far. The people of the communities we visited were so inspiring, and as corny as it sounds, they touched all of our hearts. It brought me tremendous joy to be able to offer medical services to the wonderful people, and i absolutely can't wait to go back.

About International Service Learning

International Service Learning (ISL) is a volunteer organization offering global health, education, and community enrichment opportunities in twelve different countries. Our mission is to support cultural awareness, service-based learning, and...