• Panama

Groups
Small Group (1-15)

Pricing

$1,590 USD
Program donation covers lodging, transportation, pick up to and from airport, excursions in-country, and most meals during the week. Program donation does not cover airfare, travel insurance, or miscellaneous costs such as souvenirs.
What's Included
Accommodation Activities Airport Transfers Equipment Meals Wifi
What's Not Included
Airfare Some Meals
Mar 05, 2018
Feb 24, 2018

Join Movement Exchange for an international dance exchange to Panama on December 27th - January 3rd! Learn what it means to be a dance diplomat, gain teaching experience, and share your passion with other like-minded dancers and movers abroad. During the exchange, you will teach dance to youth in our partner organizations in Panama City and take dance classes from local dance professionals, in styles such as Panamanian Folkloric dance, breakdance, salsa, etc., to foster a unique exchange experience. You will also participate in conversations about child development, cultural competency, and Panamanian history and identity in order to help inform your teaching and service work. Throughout the exchange, you will get to experience Panamanian music, food, and culture, while touring the beautiful neighborhood of Casco Viejo in Panama City.

Come MOVE TO CHANGE with us this winter!

*COVID-19 vaccines required.

Program Highlights

• If there's one word to describe an international dance exchange, it’s inspirational!
  • Gain teaching experience and teach at-risk youth in our partner organizations in Panama City.
  • Take classes in folkloric dance styles taught by local professionals.
  • Learn about Panamanian history, music, and culture.
  • Discover the power that dance has as a universal language.

Nashalah

Movement Exhange changed my life

Movement Exchange embodies pure passion, love, connection, and service. Going into the program last summer, I knew something incredible was about to happen, but I had no idea how much the experience would impact my life. My heart was overflowing by the end of my time in Panama, and it felt impossible to leave the amazing children, and dancers we had conencted with. During our program, I had the most clear and profound realization that the kind of service & connection we were engaging in was exactly what I have always wanted to do, the kind of work I know I want to pursue in my future. I think about the sweet children in Panama every day, and they have been my motivation in everything I do. I can’t wait to return this summer!
I have nothing but love & gratitude for the amazing work that Movement Exchange does every single day.

Adele

Movement Exchange: Moving to Change Lives

I have been involved in Movement Exchange for over 3 years now and this organization's commitment to uniting dance and service in a global setting continues to amaze me. The international dance exchange to Panama allows participants from across the world to move and connect with other another, forming long lasting relationships despite cultural or language barriers. This exchange really opened my eyes to the true power of dance—dance, as a kinesthetic art form, has an unparalleled ability to bring people together. Even after my first exchange three years ago, I still connect with and talk to some of the children I worked with in Panama. With an emphasis on providing sustainable dance education, Movement Exchange will continue to inspire and change lives through dance!