The heart of the Andes is the town of Cusco, where remnants of a well-preserved historic civilization are abundant and Peruvian culture is alive and well. On this volunteer vacation, you will discover Peru through the local Quechua people and assist in building organic gardens, adobe greenhouses, and teaching English to the children of the community and developing educational games to be used throughout the school year.
Beyond volunteering, you will take a tour of some of the oldest Inca ruins in Peru, explore the Cathedral, San Blas Church and the Inca Temple of the Sun, and visit the lost city of Machu Picchu. You will stay in a hacienda-style 100 year old lodge located in a valley surrounded by the Andes Mountains where you will experience local hospitality and try the world famous Peruvian cuisine. Spend an afternoon taking a hands-on cooking class and learn to make traditional dolls with a local women and children's development center run by a local artist and his wife.
- Volunteer to improve the education of local Peruvian children
- Explore the lost city of Machu Picchu
- Visit key Inca archaeological sites throughout the Sacred Valley
- Live in a 100 year old hacienda set amongst the soaring peaks of the Andes
- Partake in a traditional ceremony with a Peruvian shaman