Lima, the capital of Peru, is located on the west coast of the Pacific along the Rímac River. Lima is a large, international city balancing both traditional and modern influences. The traditional influences evolved from Peru's history as the home of the Inca and numerous other civilized cultures, dating back as far as 2000 BC.
ISA Service-Learning opportunities vary from rehabilitating marine life to working with disabled or at-risk youth to creating environmental protection campaigns. By partnering with community-based organizations and following a structures, reflection-based curriculum, you will learn how local experts are addressing these issues with the available resources while developing intercultural and leadership skills in a real-world context.
Each of our Service-Learning community based organizations is unique, so visit the ISA Service-Learning website to learn more about your options in Lima.
View Program Information
• Comprehensive advising and support
• Visa support
• Bridging Cultures Program, the on-site cultural and academic orientation
• Meals and laundry service
• Guaranteed placement with community based organization
• Full-time resident staff with a maximum 20:1 student to staff ratio
• On-site ISA office, computer and internet access (WiFi)
• Airport reception
• Cultural activities
• Medical insurance
• 24-hour emergency assistance
• On-site transportation stipend
• Project materials stipend
• Donation to host organization
• ISA Service-Learning Portfolio
• One year digital subscription to The New York Times