Cusco is a city in southeastern Peru, in the Andes Mountains. Cusco is home to the palace of the Inca, the Temple of the Sun, and the famous Machu Picchu. The people of Cusco still use traditional dress of polleras, play zampoñas, and raise llamas.
ISA Service-Learning provides opportunities to serve in Cusco-based NGOs, schools, clinics, and businesses through structured service-learning programs year-round. We have relationships with over a dozen different community-based organizations from small schools to women’s shelters to medical placements in clinics and dental offices.
Each service-learning placement is unique, so visit the ISA Service-Learning website to learn more about the specific placement and program options available in Cusco. Although we have something for everyone in Cusco, we especially recommend this site for anyone interested in community agriculture or dentistry fields.
- Receive personalized advising on service opportunities and program options that are the best fit for you. You will receive confirmation of the community-based organization you have been matched with before departure.
- Begin your transition to daily life in your new country and culture on the Bridging Cultures Program, our in-country orientation.
- Benefit from the ISA office, conveniently located a few blocks from the Plaza de Armas (main square) in Cusco. At the on-site office participants can check their email, check out books, get information on activities, or simply visit and practice their Spa
- Have the opportunity to earn academic credit.
- Demonstrate the professional, cultural, and personal competencies you acquired while on the program through reflection-based assignments and activities that make up the ISA Service-Learning Portfolio.