Starting from
$140

Volunteer Programs in Peru with Karikuy

• Your goal while volunteering in Peru for Karikuy is to gather as much information about the Peruvian culture in order to present fresh content for Perupedia, our Blog and Volunteer Planet website
  • Play soccer or basketball with other volunteers before starting the day
  • Delicious Peruvian meals provided family style daily
  • Spend the weekend exploring Machu Picchu and the Nazca Lines
  • Volunteers will also have the opportunity to work on our organizations Humanitarian programs such as our Kawsay and Karikuy-Haugen Fund
Lima
Peru
2 to 8 weeks
  • Apartment
  • Hostel

Your goal while volunteering in Peru for Karikuy is to gather as much information about the Peruvian culture in order to present fresh content for Perupedia, our Blog and Volunteer Planet website.

As a volunteer it will be your job to update these mediums with subjects that peak your interest whether food, dance, art, music, travel, sports, politics or history, you will have the flexibility to explore topics that engage you.

VOLUNTEER WORK: Research Perupedia, Blogging Karikuy Blog, Humanitarian Work Kawsay, Fundraising

SCHEDULE: You'll be expected to work 4 hours per day from Monday - Friday. You'll have weekends off.

START DATES: Programs start on Mondays, any day of the year.

PRICING: $70 per week

INCLUDED: Lodging, Internet, Utilities, Cable, Water, Hot Showers, Discounted Travel, Weekends Off

NOT INCLUDED: International / Domestic Flights, Meals, Toiletries

Price Calculator

Start Dates

Weekly

Kate
Boston, MA
University of South Florida

Great Experience!

I volunteered with Karikuy for over 2 months in the summer of 2011. It was definitely one of the best and most memorable experiences abroad I've ever had! Because I am interested in archaeology, my work for the program consisted of researching different archaeological sites across the country and writing about them for Perupedia. In addition to writing, I was able to explore Lima, and even travel to several different cities to see some of the sites I was researching in person!

Perhaps the best part was being able to room with and meet so many people from around the world! Julio was an excellent host, and it was great to be able to learn about and experience Peru with the guidance of a native Peruvian!

If you're looking for an opportunity to practice your Spanish, visit some beautiful places, and immerse yourself in Peruvian culture, this is the program for you!

Cheerstothe90s
KC, MO

Great time with Karikuy

The volunteer program is set up well. You stay in central Lima, away from the tourist zone, and get to have a more authentic Peruvian experience. Not to mention the program is centered around learning whatever you want about the country, and writing about it, so you get to experience what you want and share it with others. The only difficulty might be getting around depending on your traveling experience, but the Program Coordinator is more than helpful in that regard. Plenty of interaction with the local community too, from dancing to family dinners etc. Overall, I had a great time with Karikuy.

Javacat

Painting pictures of the world with words...

I can not highly enough recommend volunteering with Karikuy.

I found out about Karikuy when I was already in Peru, volunteering at an NGO. I looked into their volunteer program...and it was a no-brainer. Other volunteer programs charge an arm and a leg to participate, whereas for $65 a week EVERYTHING...a roof over my head, a bed to sleep on, meals, internet...and hot showers...after my previous volunteer experience..I can't emphasize enough being grateful for hot showers! ;)

One of the best parts about volunteering is being able to learn more about Peru and Peruvian history...and writing about your own personal experience to share with others, using words to paint my surroundings and making my little corner of the world come alive in such a way, not only is the person fascinated by what I have written and has learned something new...they also think to themselves, "That is somewhere I NEED to go."

hols822
Chicago, IL

Karikuy lets you experience everything Peru has to offer

Volunteering with Karikuy truly lets you experience all that Peru has to offer. From the home base in central Lima, the volunteer coordinator will work with you to determine which attractions and aspects of Peruvian culture align with your personal interests anf travel goals, so that everything you experience and write is from the heart. He will help you take the trek to Machu Picchu that isn't swarming with tourists, visit the country's lesser known sites and cities, and explore every aspect of Lima's rich and diverse culture. After 1 month, I feel like I got a taste of everything here...the people, the landscape, the food, and yes, the pisco....and hope to one day be back for more!

The Go Overseas Guarantee

•   Secure payments
  •   Easy, direct messages
  •   Network of travelers
  •   Verified reviews

About the Provider

Founded by Julio C. Tello on September 4th 2007, the Karikuy Organization was created with the vision of bringing people from all walks of life together to experience Peru like few have. From remote ceremonies to hidden metropolitan hot spots, Karikuy guides you in exploring