LLI will help you gain experience in a grassroots non-profit environment, making decisions that directly impact our programs and help shape you professionally and personally. We provide a hands-on learning environment for you. We are looking for native or fluent English speakers to teach our kids valuable language skills that they can use for their professional development in the future.
English is by far our most requested class. Volunteers are trained by our Education Program Manager and former LLI participant, Yeni, to help kids improve their English language skills by providing immersion style teaching with a proven curriculum.
- Have a visible impact on the communities of Peru
- Gain experience and learn what it's like in a grassroots non-profit. With LLI, you are needed and valued!
- Immerse yourself in local culture by living with an amazing host family
- Our program is small and close-knit - we are family!
- Get hands-on teacher training to feel confident and comfortable teaching your classes
In 2019, LLI taught 232 English classes to 40 of our most committed Kids' Program participants.
LLI provides free after-school classes to any child between the ages of 7 and 12. Our programs help to create opportunities, form leaders, and transform lives. Not only do we offer educational programs, but we also organize special social events throughout the year. Parents reported that their kids have improved their interpersonal skills through our programs, that they are more excited to read thanks to our 1000+ book library, and that LLI provides a unique service that cannot be found anywhere else in Huaycán.