Home to incredible bucket-list destinations including the Inca Trail and Machu Picchu, the Andes mountain range, and of course the Amazon Rainforest, Peru is the perfect place for the adventurous traveller. Kaya Responsible Travel offers volunteer or internship placements in Cusco and the Amazon which allow you to give back and make a real difference, while you travel.
Projects in the Amazon rainforest concentrate on either environmental or wildlife conservation. You will live in a remarkable, remote location in the heart of the Amazon, and with each day will experience the incredible bio-diversity of the Amazon. With thousands of species of birds, insects, mammals, reptiles and plants indigenous to the Amazon, this experience will stay with you forever.
Alternatively you can work on community based projects in the wonderful city of Cusco, and make a real difference to vulnerable communities including young mothers, at-risk youths, and people living with disabilities.
- Live and work in the Amazon Rainforest, and experience one of the world's most diverse ecological sites
- Intern/ volunteer in environmental or wildlife conservation in the Amazon Rainforest, and make a real difference to conservation efforts and research
- Volunteer on community and social projects with vulnerable communities such as at-risk youths, people living with disabilities, and young mothers
- Travel Peru in your spare time and witness incredible sites including 15th century Inca Citadel - Machu Picchu
- Experience traditional Peruvian food and festivals in the beautiful colonial city of Cusco