Nativos School- Teach, Stay & Learn Spanish

Nativos School- Teach, Stay & Learn Spanish

Nativos Spanish School is located in the cultural hub of Cusco, the Plaza de Armas. We offer a comprehensive opportunity in which one can:
• Learn Spanish- Learn with our extensively-trained teachers in customized group or private lessons. $290/wk
• Teach English- Organize daily English lessons and help with homework in our after school tutoring program for street children of Cusco and the surrounding areas. Price included w/ Spanish lessons
• Stay with us- Within the school itself, we have a kitchen, a bathroom, a shower, and private rooms for our volunteers, students, or even backpackers! $80/wk
• Benefit those directly- Unlike other programs, Nativos Spanish School is a true NGO, all fees directly benefit the children and the single-mothers who are intensely trained and hired as our teachers.
• Be a volunteer paying directly to beneficiaries not the big companies.

South America » Peru » Cusco
South America » Peru
1 Year+
Whether you just take Spanish lessons or decide to stay at our conveniently-located accommodations, you can fully experience Nativos Spanish School for under $300/wk, or less for longer.

Costs include all classroom materials: textbooks, pens,book, etc.

Visit our website for more cost information

Emily
Cuzco, Peru
Arizona State University

AWESOME experience!

The price is fabulous! Perfect for immersion. Right in the heart of Cuzco and walking distance to historical sights and fabulous bakeries. Always easy to grab a taxi and for about $1 (US) you can go any where in the city. Buses are cheaper and are close as well.

The teachers are acutely aware of students strengths and weaknesses and adapt for all. Always something to learn! The teachers are also knowledgeable in Cuzco and Peruvian history and share freely. Class field trips help to make the experience an overall excellent experience.

I reccomend this school to everyone!
Emily
Arizona, USA

The early classes are the best because it leaves the rest of the day to explore or volunteer. A 6 or 7 am class would be perfect.

Caleb
Holton, Kansas
Kansas State University

I enjoyed my time here in the class

I felt like this class really helped me out because in every other Spanish class I have taken the teacher would just sit in the front of the class and drill definitions and rules into your head. Although here I felt like the constant interaction really helped me become comfortable with my spanish.

If I had to change one thing I think I would change that I spent a lot of time reviewing things that I already knew.

Wivien

recommendation

I took classes for 4 weeks, 5 days a week two hours in the morning.The classes are small, there is plenty of time to ask about everything you have doubts about. It is possible to suggest things you want to learn, the teachers are very flexible. Aswell they know everything about Cusco and places to visit or it's history. Every friday we went on a fieldtrip to get to know a little bit more about Cusco.

It would have been nice if they had tested my level of Spanish before I entered the course. So I suggest ad a test.

Laura
Guilford College

Amazing Teachers!

I had taken Spanish in high school and college prior to my lessons with Jossie but I found her methodology to be the most effective teaching method. Jossie is kind, patient, understanding and fun. I always felt encouraged in her classroom. Every class I had I would leave and be able to identify a new word or phrase people were using on the street. Extremely practical and fun.

Lisa
Chicago

intro classes with Jossie

I took 4 weeks of spanish classes with Jossie during my time in peru and loved it. I didnt know much spanish prior to entering the country and found the classes very useful and also a fun way to learn. Jossie was very patient and reassuring and took us on awesome excursions once a week to see sites in Cusco. I would definitely recommend the classes to anyone looking to improve their spanish skills while here. Also Jossie has been a good resource for general questions for my time in cusco.

Yoshimi
England
Keele University

Nativos School

I had an excellent experience learning Spanish from Jossie. She was very friendly, enthusiastic and most importantly a very good teacher! I learnt a lot from her and wish I could have learnt longer! The class was in the centre of Cusco so had a very good access. We did a weekly trip where we got to see the culture of Peru, and also got to practice using our newly learnt Spanish talking to the native people. I highly recommend Nativos School to anyone wanting to learn the language!

Nageen
St. Louis, MO
University of Oklahoma

My Incredible Experience in Cusco!

I went to Cusco, Peru with a separate volunteering program, and took classes at Nativos school with my dear teacher, Jossie. It was a great experience! After having taken 6 years of Spanish in high school, and 2 years in college, I had been away from the language for a couple years and needed a refresher. The classes with Jossie were great--she's patient, the classes small, and overall a great learning environment. Beyond learning grammar and vocabulary, we were able to converse a lot and were corrected as we went along (which I really benefited from). In the future (and what I'd recommend to others) I'd like to stay at the Nativos school itself, rather than going through a volunteer program. This way, your money directly benefits the women and children impacted by the NGO. Truly local NGOs such as Nativos really make a difference! Plus, the Nativos school is in the heart of the city...in walking distance from the Plaza de Armas, and an incredible bakery that will have a place in my heart forever. Que rico!

Sara
Santa Clara, California, United States
California Polytechnic State University- San Luis Obispo

Fantastic Program in the Coolest City in the World

Jossie is an awesome lady whom is very dedicated to the Nativos cause and to improving lives. Super fun area with great people (both locals and volunteers), wonderful opportunity, tons to learn. Just go!

More group activities to fundraise or learn/teach working skills with the children.

Natalie
University of California- Berkeley

Great Teachers

The spanish teachers at this school are very kind and helpful and I have learned an incredible amount from them! They are extremely helpful and are great teachers. They work with you to make sure you are getting the most out of your experience here. I highly recommend taking classes here!!

A little more organization for each class, and more time to practice each lesson.

Chloe
London UK
University of Brighton

A great experience learning in Cusco

We met Josie and asked for Spanish lessons, a homestay and an opportunity to volunteer with children. Josie organised all three within days! We have enjoyed all of it, and learnt a lot. It was great seeing the children enjoy learning English as much as we have enjoyed learning Spanish. We feel we have had the chance to experience the real Cusco. We would definitely recommend Nativos Spanish School!

Christopher
Boston
Boston University

Phenomenal Program

I visited Cusco on my own, without a program. I did not take Spanish lessons with Jossie as I already had a grasp on the language, but I instead decided to volunteer at the Nativos after school program tutoring the children and teaching them English. It was in this environment that I saw the value in the work of the women of Nativos: to provide a safe environment for underprivileged children to learn and to grow. Jossie and Maritsa have put their hearts into their mission and have made a difference to these children. They are caring, helpful, and most importantly, they became like family to me while I was there. I fully believe in what these women do and know that Nativos will be my first stop whenever I return to Cusco.

marianne
quebec
Université de Montréal

my very first spanish learning experience

It was my first trip in peru,cusco and my volunteering organisation sent me to nativos spanish school. The first impression of the school is that tEachers are fantastic. I had jossie like teacher and she was simply amazing. She was very clear and fun as a teacher. I had a group class with another friend of my homestay and we had sooo much fun. Also the location is great...after your class you can just walk to the Plaza darmas and have lunch. In 8 weeks I was almost fluently speaking spanish and i could have a good conversation with locals. Overall I had an amazing trip and learning experience...I hope to go back soon to see Jossie (the best teacher ever)

More materials for the school

joline
Europe

Unforgetable expierence

The experience I gained from this programm is unforgetable. The people are so warm and nice and I have learned so much from then (including spanish!!)
Because this is a small organisation you know for sure that the money you donate, goes directly to the good cause (in contrast with the big organisations).
You will be working with local people, which ensures you that you are actually helping and improving the situation and that your help is need.
These are the main reasons why I would recommend to work with this organisation!

Akshay
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada

Nativos Spanish School

I used to volunteer with global crossroads in an orphanage in Cusco over the summer of 2014 for 6 weeks. While I was in Cusco, I was learning Spanish in Nativos Spanish School , my teacher Jossie was amazing at teaching Spanish and she really cared about me learning Spanish. The school is in an amazing area near Plaza De Armas (city center/downtown), and is safe. I also loved how Jossie used to take us on field trips around the city on Fridays so we learn Spanish, but also got the chance to explore the city and get to learn more about the people and the culture in Cusco. When I went to Cusco, I only knew about 2-3 words of Spanish, and at the end of my 6 weeks, I could hold a conversation about most topics with a local, I was really impressed with the amount of Spanish I was able to learn in such a small amount of time. My time learning Spanish in Cusco was not only highly education, but I also had a great time learning, and exploring the city.

Adrianna
Canada
University of Western Ontario

Nativos School

I was volunteering with Global Crossroads at an orphanage and medical clinic in Cusco Peru and signed up for Spanish lessons at the same time. Jossie was my teacher and she was amazing! I learned so much Spanish in only 2 weeks. The school was in a convenient location and it was in a safe area. Would definitely recommend having lessons at this school!

Nativos Spanish School is conveniently located in the Plaza of Cusco, Peru and offers its volunteers/students a comprehensive experience of teaching English to underprivileged-street children and learning Spanish from our extensively-trained teachers. Nativos Spanish School is a true NGO, non-government organization, formed in May 2011.