Nativos School- Teach, Stay & Learn Spanish

Nativos Spanish School is located in the cultural hub of Cusco, the Plaza de Armas. We offer a comprehensive opportunity in which one can:
• Learn Spanish- Learn with our extensively-trained teachers in customized group or private lessons. $290/wk
• Teach English- Organize daily English lessons and help with homework in our after school tutoring program for street children of Cusco and the surrounding areas. Price included w/ Spanish lessons
• Stay with us- Within the school itself, we have a kitchen, a bathroom, a shower, and private rooms for our volunteers, students, or even backpackers! $80/wk
• Benefit those directly- Unlike other programs, Nativos Spanish School is a true NGO, all fees directly benefit the children and the single-mothers who are intensely trained and hired as our teachers.
• Be a volunteer paying directly to beneficiaries not the big companies.

Emily

AWESOME experience!

The price is fabulous! Perfect for immersion. Right in the heart of Cuzco and walking distance to historical sights and fabulous bakeries. Always easy to grab a taxi and for about $1 (US) you can go any where in the city. Buses are cheaper and are close as well.

The teachers are acutely aware of students strengths and weaknesses and adapt for all. Always something to learn! The teachers are also knowledgeable in Cuzco and Peruvian history and share freely. Class field trips help to make the experience an overall excellent experience.

I reccomend this school to everyone!
Emily
Arizona, USA

The early classes are the best because it leaves the rest of the day to explore or volunteer. A 6 or 7 am class would be perfect.
Caleb

I enjoyed my time here in the class

I felt like this class really helped me out because in every other Spanish class I have taken the teacher would just sit in the front of the class and drill definitions and rules into your head. Although here I felt like the constant interaction really helped me become comfortable with my spanish.

If I had to change one thing I think I would change that I spent a lot of time reviewing things that I already knew.
Wivien

recommendation

I took classes for 4 weeks, 5 days a week two hours in the morning.The classes are small, there is plenty of time to ask about everything you have doubts about. It is possible to suggest things you want to learn, the teachers are very flexible. Aswell they know everything about Cusco and places to visit or it's history. Every friday we went on a fieldtrip to get to know a little bit more about Cusco.

It would have been nice if they had tested my level of Spanish before I entered the course. So I suggest ad a test.
Laura

Amazing Teachers!

I had taken Spanish in high school and college prior to my lessons with Jossie but I found her methodology to be the most effective teaching method. Jossie is kind, patient, understanding and fun. I always felt encouraged in her classroom. Every class I had I would leave and be able to identify a new word or phrase people were using on the street. Extremely practical and fun.

Lisa

intro classes with Jossie

I took 4 weeks of spanish classes with Jossie during my time in peru and loved it. I didnt know much spanish prior to entering the country and found the classes very useful and also a fun way to learn. Jossie was very patient and reassuring and took us on awesome excursions once a week to see sites in Cusco. I would definitely recommend the classes to anyone looking to improve their spanish skills while here. Also Jossie has been a good resource for general questions for my time in cusco.

Yoshimi

Nativos School

I had an excellent experience learning Spanish from Jossie. She was very friendly, enthusiastic and most importantly a very good teacher! I learnt a lot from her and wish I could have learnt longer! The class was in the centre of Cusco so had a very good access. We did a weekly trip where we got to see the culture of Peru, and also got to practice using our newly learnt Spanish talking to the native people. I highly recommend Nativos School to anyone wanting to learn the language!

Nageen

My Incredible Experience in Cusco!

I went to Cusco, Peru with a separate volunteering program, and took classes at Nativos school with my dear teacher, Jossie. It was a great experience! After having taken 6 years of Spanish in high school, and 2 years in college, I had been away from the language for a couple years and needed a refresher. The classes with Jossie were great--she's patient, the classes small, and overall a great learning environment. Beyond learning grammar and vocabulary, we were able to converse a lot and were corrected as we went along (which I really benefited from). In the future (and what I'd recommend to others) I'd like to stay at the Nativos school itself, rather than going through a volunteer program. This way, your money directly benefits the women and children impacted by the NGO. Truly local NGOs such as Nativos really make a difference! Plus, the Nativos school is in the heart of the city...in walking distance from the Plaza de Armas, and an incredible bakery that will have a place in my heart forever. Que rico!

Sara

Fantastic Program in the Coolest City in the World

Jossie is an awesome lady whom is very dedicated to the Nativos cause and to improving lives. Super fun area with great people (both locals and volunteers), wonderful opportunity, tons to learn. Just go!

More group activities to fundraise or learn/teach working skills with the children.