Volunteer in Europe: Become a Language Mentor and Discover Europe for Free

Guitars and Anglos
Angloville

Help Europeans improve their English by being a conversation partner and enjoy free stays in beautiful hotels.

Join more than 8000 people from all over the world for an Angloville experience this year!

As an English speaker, you stay in one of our beautiful venues for 1 to 4 weeks and help our students improve their English through a series of conversations and activities. You are not a formal teacher: you are a partner for conversation while having a multicultural experience.

What you get in return:
• Free accommodation in beautiful venues across Europe
• Full board during your stay
• Free city tours in multiple cities
• An opportunity to connect with people from 20+ countries
• An opportunity to become TEFL-Certified (if attending 3 weeks)

No participation fee.

Further details can be found on our website.

• Free Board and Lodging.
  • Free City Tours of Warsaw, Krakow, Poznan, Wroclaw and more.
  • A chance to obtain a TEFL Scholarship.

The two companies I have used for this so far are Angloville and VaughanTown. The enquirer needs to visit their websites and discover what the conditions are. There is availability throughout the year and quite often spaces available on trips at short notice that may not yet have been filled. Angloville has a Facebook page also. volunteers.grupovaughan.com/what-we-do/vaughan-town angloville.com

Michael

A very well-organised, well-resourced and fun programme

Native speakers who participate in the Angloville programmes are given lots of constant and valuable support throughout, and this means that all their efforts can be directed towards making the week-long experience really worthwhile for the local participants. Both the native speaker coordinator, and the local participants' coordinator, went above and beyond the call of duty on my recent course in Slovakia, and I salute them both! The course can be quite hard work for the natives, but there is sufficient down-time in the evenings to relax and blow off some steam. Angloville select awesome hotels for these experiences, too, and this is an added benefit for any native English speakers who might be considering joining a programme in the future.

Highly recommended.

There are, evidently, very mixed abilities among the local participants (in terms of their command of English), therefore it's very difficult to strike the right note with conversation/vocabulary material provided....I think Angloville are still trying to make this perfect!
Luci

Great Experience

Really enjoyed my 4 weeks of Angloville. The juniors were really nice and easy to work with and the fellow native speakers were a lot of fun, made some really great friends doing this programme and memories to last a live time. Also did a adult programme which was also really good. Highly recommend using angloville if you to dip your toes into teaching English. The weeks are quite long so plan breaks if your going to do more than one as you will have to talk all day. If you’ve got some time to give, definitely do it even if it’s only for the experience.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
Going to the city tour and wondering who will show up.
Nicholas

Angloville experience

I really enjoyed my programs I did with Angloville I made some incredible friends with other native speakers as well as with the participants and I gained a lot of value out of sharing my knowledge and experiences with others. It made a huge impact on my travelling as I had really no direction and Angloville hooked me up with great opportunities, free food, and a free bed. It also hooked me up with like minded people that I ended up travelling with for small stints. Would definitely recommend the program to travellers wanting to make an impact.

Cara

Angloville JAN & FEB 2 weeks

I had an amazing time volunteering for 2 weeks in Poland with Angloville. Everything was organised from the tour of the city before the week starts to when you are on the course. The coordinators, native speakers and Polish participants were all friendly with some friendships made along the way! We had lots of fun, laughs and interesting conversations during the week staying in a nice hotel with food provided. I would recommend this program if you are wanting to spend a week helping students feel confident in speaking English as a second language and meet new people from around the world!

Sebastian

Good experience that’s essentially free

Angloville is good fun and you meet a lot of interesting people. The coordinators are great in my experience as usually they were volunteers before and know what it’s like.
The program is free to do except they take a cut of your deposit as “admin fees” so you only have to pay for your flights and Accomodation before and after.
I definetly reccomend Angloville to everyone but I also warn that the company is not run very effectively, they are awful at relaying information to the volunteers and to the coordinators that are meant to be running the program. My first program they switched where I was going without telling me and during my second program which was a ski edition we found out that they had not planned for the volunteers to ski despite them telling us we would. They did not even tell the coordinators this.
As long as you are patient with the company you can have a lot of fun with angloville.
(Also they make you jump through hoops to get your deposit back, you must write a review for them, do a 40 question quiz and you have to ask within 2 weeks. Which I find very annoying.)

The way the company is run, there is a systemic problem that stops information being passed down, maybe the staff are overworked or under motivated but that is the programs biggest issue.
Mersad

Mersad's Angloville experience

The whole program was absolutely amazing, from very supportive and pleasant staff to very interesting fellow mentors and students. I have made some deep connections with a lot of people, made new friends from all over the world and I am very grateful to Angloville for making it possible. The organization was spot on, everything was running smoothly and all in all, the atmosphere was relaxing and enjoyable. I would definitely recommend doing this program, and hope to do it again myself in the near future.

Emma

Angloville. You’ll get addicted!

I have now spent two wonderful weeks with Angloville, one in summer and one in winter. The programme is fantastic, working with the kids and seeing the progress they make throughout the week with English and their confidence and friendships that they make. It’s great working alongside a team of native speakers and coordinators who are all there for the same reasons that you are, you make friendships and connections really fast and I’m so happy to still be in touch with a lot of the people I have met through these programmes. It’s a fun filled week and if you really give and get involved you will get so much from your experience. The venues are beautiful and give you a great opportunity to experience places slightly off the beaten track and really immerse in the culture of the country you are in. I’m now planning my summer with angloville. Once you start it’s hard to stop!

really get involved, give it your all and you will take so much from the experience. If you feel apprehensive about going alone, you won’t be alone for long.
Laisvydas

A bit of a feedback

So I hope this is a proper way and place to leave a feedback, so here it goes.. It's been absolutely amazing, this trip. I've signed up for 3 weeks and although the last one felt a bit of a difficulty since I've been experiencing so much the last one bit lacked of creativity from my part. However, wonderful people that will make you learn as well, wonderful mentors that you'll wibe for sure, breathtaking avenues, food and programs that will give you unforgetable experience! I'm telling to myself that 'Oh, I'd like to come back on the summer' but I wouldn't mind packing my luggages and go back there, heh.

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
To go all-in into this program and experience everything that I could since it was so amazing