Become a Language Mentor and Discover Europe for Free

Help Europeans improve their English by being a conversation partner and enjoy free stays in beautiful hotels.

Join more than 8000 people from all over the world for an Angloville experience this year!

As an English speaker, you stay in one of our beautiful venues for 1 to 4 weeks and help our students improve their English through a series of conversations and activities. You are not a formal teacher, you are a partner for conversation while having a multicultural experience.

What you get in return:
• Free accommodation in beautiful venues across Europe
• Full board during your stay
• Free city tours in multiple cities
• An opportunity to connect with people from 20+ countries
• An opportunity to become TEFL-Certified (if attending 3 weeks)

No participation fee.

Further details can be found on our website.

• Free Board and Lodging
  • Free City Tours of Warsaw, Krakow, Poznan, Wroclaw and more
  • A chance to obtain a TEFL Scholarship

The two companies I have used for this so far are Angloville and VaughanTown. The enquirer needs to visit their websites and discover what the conditions are. There is availability throughout the year and quite often spaces available on trips at short notice that may not yet have been filled. Angloville has a Facebook page also. volunteers.grupovaughan.com/what-we-do/vaughan-town angloville.com

Claire

Experience Central Europe & Connect with Students

I had an amazing 3 weeks teaching English in Poland this past summer with Angloville. I am grateful to have had the chance to meet so many amazing students & fellow volunteers while earning my TEFL certification through the AngloTEFL scholarship. I loved getting to see Poland through the lens of 3 different cities - Poznan, Katowice, and Wroclaw - along with the Polish countryside at the beautiful retreat centers where camps were held. Speaking with the Polish students every day was by far by favorite part of the Angloville experience - I'm still in contact with some of the friends I made along the way, and I loved experiencing Polish culture along with traveling inexpensively to other Central European countries after my Angloville teaching. Overall, great experience!

A few downsides of Angloville are the fact that some venues are nicer than others and the food at certain venues could be improved - however, as a vegetarian, I had no trouble finding things to eat despite Poland's meat-heavy diet. Additionally, the venues are usually in the countryside far away from towns / shops, so be sure to stock up on anything you might need in the city before you depart for the venue.
David

Well worth doing

I did a programme in a remote part of Eastern Poland. The actual venue had a few issues but the pupils made it all worth while. A lovely, willing bunch of people who learned from us, and from whom we learned. It is my any measure a very full on and intense programme but so long as you keep your energy up and your enthusiasm higher you'll be fine.

Your fellow volunteers are likely to be an eclectic bunch much worth listening too. They are likely to come from all over the world, be of all ages and carry a wide range of experiences. Our ages ranged from about 20 to 59 which was a real help in managing the students.

All in all, a good experience. if only in the nine days I was there they'd changed the towels once or given us a refill of toilet paper. But these are minor things.

Tara

Fab volunteer opportunity

I have volunteered at 5 Anglovilles so far, and somehow they keep getting better and better! Each session I have met friends from all over the world that I still keep in touch with and have met up/volunteered with again. It's difficult to say if I prefer the junior or adult programs - both definitely have their perks. The daily structure of Angloville is set out nicely and it's fun to get to know all the participants. The material Angloville provides keeps the conversations new and interesting. I also like the mentor/mentee aspect of the program and I look forward to the presentations every session. It's always amazing to see the participants' English confidence be so drastically higher at the end of the week. Even though we're helping them with English fluency, I feel like I learn more from the participants about their culture and country. SO looking forward to my next program!

Wine at meals included (the adult programs of course)!!
Mary Ellen

Budapest Or Bust!

I had some trepidation attending Angloville in Budapest because my favorite "hunting grounds" is southern/western Europe, but I am glad I tried Angloville. I had fun in Budapest beforehand looking for any familiar "root words" in Hungarian. I did enjoy the walking tour to Buda, as I had only walked around Pest. Ildiko and Sebastian were jonnie-on-the-spot if I had any questions or concerns. I enjoyed the group programs where we worked together with the Hungarians on a practical activity, like making a business plan or preparing for a city council meeting. The mentor/mentee component was great; I rally got to know my mentee Eva. I volunteered to do a short presentation which was received well. I had a good time doing it. Perhaps the volunteers could be encouraged to do so. I hope to attend another program in the new year.

Provide for all the participants to have his or her own room.
Mary

Angloville, Poland

This was a life changing experience for me as well as many of the participants in the programme. The opportunity to meet so many great people and really get to know them was awesome. Some life-time friendships are created here. The work that each volunteer and especially the participants put into the programme is the most rewarding experience to see how each one's confidence grew over the period of a week and how their English dramatically improved. The mentorship opportunity was exceptionally great which allowed guidance in a real life situation. The resulting presentation by the participant at the end of the week is phenomenal and such a proud moment for both parties. Group activities were lots of fun too and of course the entertainment and social time were the most fun. Work hard and play hard for big reward!!!!! This programme is highly recommended to improve English conversational skills. Participants leave this programme speaking confidently and without hesitation. A phenomenal experience and I will definitely do it again.

Josie

2 weeks with Juniors, 9 days with Adults

Angloville offers a great programme for learners of English, and it's really good experience of working with a wide range of people of different ages.
You will be speaking almost the whole day, and engaging in different group activities. The participants are almost universally extremely enthusiastic and very willing to talk and join in with everything in order to improve their English. The juniors in particular are surprisingly invested in speaking sessions, and generally have an impressively high level.

There isn't much in the way of training and resources, while helpful, aren't always enough to make sessions run smoothly.
Mary

Poland Angloville

Three weeks spent in Krakow and Warsaw Poland was amazing! People, places, culture, story sharing; all was more than I hoped. Coordinators were great, venues often jaw dropping. One really leaves with the sense that you made an impact on the participants...and they on you. Whatever age of native speaker and participant, all were very impressed with the program. I am very excited to try other venues, but will always have these in my back pocket for future rediscovery!

Jessica

Best experience!

I was a native speaker at Angloville for this past summer. I did 3 weeks and I wouldn't that exchange the experience for anything. You go into this program thinking you are going to help others but it is so much more because you end up learning so much from the kids as well. I made so many bonds with so many children and with the other native speakers. A week may not be a long time but it is more than enough time to make an impact on someone's life or even to be impacted!
I absolutely recommend Angloville to anyone!

Advertise it more and every where!
Josie

10/10 Would Do Again

The three weeks I did of Angloville were intense, but worth it. It pushes you outside your social comfort zone, you make a lot of amazing friends - participants and mentors alike. I would love to do more programs in the future and would recommend it to anyone travelling and looking for something different.
Even when things might not have always gone to plan or someone was struggling with the mundane, like how to do laundry or find your way around the venue, the group you're with are always there struggling with you or trying to find solutions.
You are never really alone at Angloville, which can be a little tiring at times, but my mindset was always that I wanted to spend as much time as possible with these amazing people that I'll only be able to get to know and hang out with for one week. So the experience makes you very socially spent, but in a good way. You're always having fun, and maybe discussing really interesting topics, especially when you connect with people sharing similar interests with you or letting them tell you about what's different in other countries compared to yours, etc.

Kate

Angloville

Was really fun, would recommend to people wanting a cheap trip to Europe and to learn more about teaching experiences. Some of the hotels are better than others but all are very accommodating especially with dietary requirements. Good idea to bring some of your own resources/ games although there are some provided. The coordinators were very helpful when you were unsure of anything and were always available to offer support.

Georgina

Angloville Juniors Poland

I have no regrets doing Angloville as it was a brilliant and fufilling experience. The Polish participants were lovely, and it was amazing to meet likeminded native speakers from around the world. I feel like I have made great friends for life. I'd also say Anglovile improved my confidence.
I would recommend Angloville as it is a great way to travel + see unique, non touristy, areas of a country for a very low price as they cover food, accommodation and travel. However, it is worth mentioning that Angloville do not cover transport costs between venues.
Overall it was a great experience

An incentive for volunteers as we put in a lot of hours. I also wish there was more resources to aid speaking sessions such as games involving speaking. This would be helpful especially for when we get a shy participant.
Jane

Angloville sparks the passion of teaching

I definitely recommend Angloville. They helped and assisted by giving me the opportunity to teach and mentor their students (adult participants) in Hungary, Czechia and Poland for 3 months, May-Aug 2018. I had such a great experience with their staff and programs. I loved all of them and couldn’t pick just one. I would do more in a heartbeat and plan too.

Also, great news...I’ve just been TEFL Certified with TEFLPremier. With the help of Angloville and special thanks to all their participants that I’ve met, taught and mentored for 3 months, this was because of them. The last three months with Angloville sparked the passion of teaching in me!

Add more venues in other countries and continents
Alexis

Give it a go

I would strongly recommend this program for English native speakers living/traveling Europe at the time of the camps. It is a worthwhile way to make an impact with second language learners while also engaging likeminded native speakers from many corners of the globe. I did a junior and adult program which although having different energy levels and programmatic constitutions they are fun for different reasons. Teens are always a hoot and adults provide for stimulating conversations.

Use some of the structured conversational activities from the adult program with the juniors as well - they could benefit from more focused speaking sessions. Also, incentivise native speakers with a small stipend considering the number of hours put in (and personal cost by way of hostels and travel) as well as the money participants pay for the camp.
Jade

Recommended

A worthwhile experience, a great excuse to wander around Europe a little bit between programmes and a great opportunity to get a first glimpse at what it to takes to teach English as a foreign language. It can be a lot of work for volunteers and the experience differs dramatically programme to programme, but with a good coordinator, it can be unforgettable. Overwhelmingly, the participants truly love being there and being part of that is warming to everyone involved.

Incentive for volunteers to justify the hours expected of them. Invest more money into the programmes themselves.
Michael

An excellent experience

I signed up for three Angloville Junior programs in Poland and Hungary in 2017 in order to get my TEFL certification, and I scheduled those three weeks as times to relax between my wanderings all over Europe. Out of that whole trip in which I went to ten countries in three months, those 3 Angloville programs were among the most enjoyable and memorable experiences of all. The staff are very friendly, and they even helped me out in getting to a doctor when I got sick in the middle of nowhere, Hungary. The participants are generally very involved, and it was a pleasure to get to meet them and work with them. I expected to just finish my training and move on, but now I am planning on volunteering with Angloville again in the future

It wasn't clear at registration that I could have done more than three weeks, but that option is available for people who have done programs before. I am not sure I would have signed up for more before having experienced the programs, but I suppose I would have liked to know whether I had the option.

About Angloville

Angloville is one of the biggest providers of free educational volunteering / cultural exchanges in Europe. We offer ESL-related volunteering experience during which students can discover 7 European countries for free, having their board and lodging...