Volunteer Teaching in Poland

Help Europeans improve their English by being a conversation partner and enjoy free stays in beautiful hotels.

Join more than 8000 people from all over the world for an Angloville experience this year!

As an English speaker, you stay in one of our beautiful venues for 1 to 4 weeks and help our students improve their English through a series of conversations and activities.
You are not a formal teacher, you are a partner for conversation while having a multicultural experience.

What you get in return:
• Free accommodation in beautiful venues across Europe
• Full board during your stay
• Free city tours in multiple cities
• An opportunity to connect with people from 20+ countries
• An opportunity to become TEFL-Certified (if attending 3 weeks)

No participation fee.

Further details can be found on our website.

• Free Board and Lodging
  • Free City Tours of Warsaw, Krakow, Poznan, Wroclaw and more
  • A chance to obtain a TEFL Scholarship

The two companies I have used for this so far are Angloville and VaughanTown. The enquirer needs to visit their websites and discover what the conditions are. There is availability throughout the year and quite often spaces available on trips at short notice that may not yet have been filled. Angloville has a Facebook page also. volunteers.grupovaughan.com/what-we-do/vaughan-town angloville.com

• Staff 10
  • Organization 10
Jessica

Best experience!

I was a native speaker at Angloville for this past summer. I did 3 weeks and I wouldn't that exchange the experience for anything. You go into this program thinking you are going to help others but it is so much more because you end up learning so much from the kids as well. I made so many bonds with so many children and with the other native speakers. A week may not be a long time but it is more than enough time to make an impact on someone's life or even to be impacted!
I absolutely recommend Angloville to anyone!

Advertise it more and every where!
Josie

10/10 Would Do Again

The three weeks I did of Angloville were intense, but worth it. It pushes you outside your social comfort zone, you make a lot of amazing friends - participants and mentors alike. I would love to do more programs in the future and would recommend it to anyone travelling and looking for something different.
Even when things might not have always gone to plan or someone was struggling with the mundane, like how to do laundry or find your way around the venue, the group you're with are always there struggling with you or trying to find solutions.
You are never really alone at Angloville, which can be a little tiring at times, but my mindset was always that I wanted to spend as much time as possible with these amazing people that I'll only be able to get to know and hang out with for one week. So the experience makes you very socially spent, but in a good way. You're always having fun, and maybe discussing really interesting topics, especially when you connect with people sharing similar interests with you or letting them tell you about what's different in other countries compared to yours, etc.

Kate

Angloville

Was really fun, would recommend to people wanting a cheap trip to Europe and to learn more about teaching experiences. Some of the hotels are better than others but all are very accommodating especially with dietary requirements. Good idea to bring some of your own resources/ games although there are some provided. The coordinators were very helpful when you were unsure of anything and were always available to offer support.

Georgina

Angloville Juniors Poland

I have no regrets doing Angloville as it was a brilliant and fufilling experience. The Polish participants were lovely, and it was amazing to meet likeminded native speakers from around the world. I feel like I have made great friends for life. I'd also say Anglovile improved my confidence.
I would recommend Angloville as it is a great way to travel + see unique, non touristy, areas of a country for a very low price as they cover food, accommodation and travel. However, it is worth mentioning that Angloville do not cover transport costs between venues.
Overall it was a great experience

An incentive for volunteers as we put in a lot of hours. I also wish there was more resources to aid speaking sessions such as games involving speaking. This would be helpful especially for when we get a shy participant.
Jane

Angloville sparks the passion of teaching

I definitely recommend Angloville. They helped and assisted by giving me the opportunity to teach and mentor their students (adult participants) in Hungary, Czechia and Poland for 3 months, May-Aug 2018. I had such a great experience with their staff and programs. I loved all of them and couldn’t pick just one. I would do more in a heartbeat and plan too.

Also, great news...I’ve just been TEFL Certified with TEFLPremier. With the help of Angloville and special thanks to all their participants that I’ve met, taught and mentored for 3 months, this was because of them. The last three months with Angloville sparked the passion of teaching in me!

Add more venues in other countries and continents
Alexis

Give it a go

I would strongly recommend this program for English native speakers living/traveling Europe at the time of the camps. It is a worthwhile way to make an impact with second language learners while also engaging likeminded native speakers from many corners of the globe. I did a junior and adult program which although having different energy levels and programmatic constitutions they are fun for different reasons. Teens are always a hoot and adults provide for stimulating conversations.

Use some of the structured conversational activities from the adult program with the juniors as well - they could benefit from more focused speaking sessions. Also, incentivise native speakers with a small stipend considering the number of hours put in (and personal cost by way of hostels and travel) as well as the money participants pay for the camp.
Jade

Recommended

A worthwhile experience, a great excuse to wander around Europe a little bit between programmes and a great opportunity to get a first glimpse at what it to takes to teach English as a foreign language. It can be a lot of work for volunteers and the experience differs dramatically programme to programme, but with a good coordinator, it can be unforgettable. Overwhelmingly, the participants truly love being there and being part of that is warming to everyone involved.

Incentive for volunteers to justify the hours expected of them. Invest more money into the programmes themselves.
Michael

An excellent experience

I signed up for three Angloville Junior programs in Poland and Hungary in 2017 in order to get my TEFL certification, and I scheduled those three weeks as times to relax between my wanderings all over Europe. Out of that whole trip in which I went to ten countries in three months, those 3 Angloville programs were among the most enjoyable and memorable experiences of all. The staff are very friendly, and they even helped me out in getting to a doctor when I got sick in the middle of nowhere, Hungary. The participants are generally very involved, and it was a pleasure to get to meet them and work with them. I expected to just finish my training and move on, but now I am planning on volunteering with Angloville again in the future

It wasn't clear at registration that I could have done more than three weeks, but that option is available for people who have done programs before. I am not sure I would have signed up for more before having experienced the programs, but I suppose I would have liked to know whether I had the option.
Mehreen

Good experience

Good experience. Met so many great people on my journey. I took part in a Wrocraw, Poland and Prague, Czechia program and it was loads of fun. Students were awesome and made great progress during their time on the camp. I was lucky to have amazing coordinators and the venues and food were good. I loved some of the games I learnt on this trip and the dance moves I learnt and will take that away with me. I hope to keep on toucj with people in the future.

Give more of an incentive to volunteers
John

#Angloville becomes a family!

Being a mentor in Angloville was one of the best experiences I've had in the past years. I work as an engineer in Hungary and I decided to go for this volunteering because I do like to work with kids and I wanted to have this different experience for myself, teaching English, helping others to master a new language for the matter of communication, and of course being away from the numbers and calculations for a bit.
What I wasn't expecting, to be honest, is having such an amazing time, where learning English became just a conclusion from connecting and meeting incredible people from all around the world. I am now part of the #Angloville family!

Dora

Without a doubt, I would recommend this program to others.

Volunteering was a great experience for me. I enjoyed all different activities they offered and meeting amazing people. The schedule was consistent/clear and ran smoothly.
The program was all about conversing and you will not be required to offer traditional teaching. Your conversation partners will change each hour. You must be ready to talk for 12 hours a day, but don’t worry as each day is fun-packed !
I have also become TEFL qualified with Angloville after completing 120 hours of teaching + the online course.

Register more volunteers than participants in order to ensure 1:1 ratio.
Farheen

Fun!

The program was a lot of fun. The kids were the best part-- really excited to learn English and really enjoyable. The work is kind of hard, you're essentially speaking all day, but it's rewarding as the students definitely are appreciative. Through talking with the kids, I got to learn quite a bit about Polish culture/history. Moreover, you get to work with and meet people from all over the world and learn about their cultures, too.

Ben

My experience at Angloville

I had a great time volunteering at Angloville and met many great people from all around the world. The program is very hard and you speak a lot but In the end it is very rewarding! Lots of the kids were eager and excited to learn English which made it very fun. It was a fun way to combine traveling and volunteering at the same time. The schedule was very consistent and clear so everything ran very smoothly. Overall it was a very fun experience and if I ever have the opportunity again I would like to go back and do it again!

Cassandra

Great experience

Volunteering was a great experience for me. I enjoyed all of the different activities they offered and meeting amazing people. I spent three weeks with angloville. I did two junior programs and one adult program. They are quite different but they are both amazing. All of the venues are great and unique. They are all in an area of Poland i wouldn't of seen if it wasn't for Angloville. I am glad I found this program and I will probably come back in the future.

hi
Richard

Four Programmes As A Volunteer

I have done four programmes as a native speaker, firstly in Czechia, and Hungary, and then two programmes in Poland. It has always been a wonderful and rewarding experience in terms of the English teaching, but also because of the characters I have met, and the memories that we've created. I have also recently become TEFL qualified with Angloville after completing 120 hours of teaching plus the online course. I will definitely continue to volunteer for Angloville in the future.

About Angloville

Angloville is one of the biggest providers of free educational volunteering / cultural exchanges in Europe. We offer ESL-related volunteering experience during which students can discover 7 European countries for free, having their board and lodging...