Volunteer in Europe: Become a Language Mentor and Discover Europe for Free

Help Europeans improve their English by being a conversation partner and enjoy free stays in beautiful hotels.

Join more than 8000 people from all over the world for an Angloville experience this year!

As an English speaker, you stay in one of our beautiful venues for 1 to 4 weeks and help our students improve their English through a series of conversations and activities. You are not a formal teacher: you are a partner for conversation while having a multicultural experience.

What you get in return:
• Free accommodation in beautiful venues across Europe
• Full board during your stay
• Free city tours in multiple cities
• An opportunity to connect with people from 20+ countries
• An opportunity to become TEFL-Certified (if attending 3 weeks)

No participation fee.

Further details can be found on our website.

• Free Board and Lodging.
  • Free City Tours of Warsaw, Krakow, Poznan, Wroclaw and more.
  • A chance to obtain a TEFL Scholarship.

The two companies I have used for this so far are Angloville and VaughanTown. The enquirer needs to visit their websites and discover what the conditions are. There is availability throughout the year and quite often spaces available on trips at short notice that may not yet have been filled. Angloville has a Facebook page also. volunteers.grupovaughan.com/what-we-do/vaughan-town angloville.com

• 9-10 rating 76.65%
  • 7-8 rating 21.83%
  • 5-6 rating 1.02%
  • 1-2 rating 0.51%
Loice.

Angoville

Angoville program was an eye opener for me. I got to learn not only the English language but also culture from different native speakers and the participants. They was never a dull moment in the program. Food and Accommodation was perfect . When tired they was always a way to regain your energy. Different accents same language made it very interesting to chat with each and every one. Also different age groups. We had so many materials to work with so you would never run out of what to do. We had friendly coordinators who made life easier for everyone.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
Meeting the other native speakers and the participants was nerve racking but every one was very cheerful which made it easy for me to fit in.
Zahid

Excellent Trip!

It was a great experience to meet the participants in Poland from different fields of expertise and backgrounds. I personally believe that these kinds of Angloville programs help you to build your skills, knowledge, teaching technique and also build your confidence as a mentor and also understand the difference culture and allow you to teach ESL to non native students as a second language. You can also explore the adventure from the country side along with different fun activities with the local mentees. I will definitely join the Angloville program in the future .

What was the most surprising thing you saw or did?
When I reached the country I saw the city and it was very clean and the sights were unbelievable
Rose

Great experience 😃

I had a great angloville experience. I felt like it met all my expectations. The days were long but very relaxed and always fun. We also had several day/afternoon trips included in the programme! It was so fun meeting the other mentors and participants. Everyone was so friendly and wanted to make the most of the experience. The English coordinators were especially good and helpful too, they always gave 100% energy and ensured everyone was happy and felt comfortable to approach them if they had any issue.

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
I would sign up to do more programmes instead of just one.
Matthew

Angloville Summer 2020

I had a great experience teaching both juniors and adults on the Angloville programme. The lessons were genuinely rewarding and it was great fun building connections with the participants and watching them make progress. The Angloville staff were all very friendly and always there to help you with any worries or concerns. It was also really interesting from a cultural perspective in the way that I was able to learn more about the Polish way of life and customs from local people who were always keen to share their thoughts. I would recommend this type of programme to anyone looking for a positive mentoring experience over the summer.

Better options for vegetarians. Sometimes the meals were very meat-heavy
Amy

Angloville Programme in Hungary

Angloville was such a great experience for me. I moved to Hungary with my husband 9 months ago and have struggled to find employment myself. The week away volunteering gave me a sense of purpose once again. I enjoyed being able to finally use my English skills in a productive way in Hungary (!) and I relished the chance to help others and hopefully make a difference. I gained confidence when talking to strangers and those strangers have now become my friends. I would most definitely like to participate with Angloville again!

What was your funniest moment?
Playing 'the little frog jumped in to the pond, splash!' Such a simple game, but really had us all laughing when people (mostly mentors) forgot to add the actions to the words.
Claire

Bachledowka

I particularly enjoy working as a volunteer. I have always enjoyed working as a teacher but working as a volunteer is a quite different and very rewarding experience. I really enjoyed the opportunity to meet and get to know local people. I have been so impressed by Poland, the countryside, the people, the traditions and the food. Altogether a very enjoyable experience. The only disappointment was that the food at the hotel was not nearly as good as it was last year. I think that covid 19 has meant that the hotel is struggling.

What was your funniest moment?
My funniest moment was during a game called ‘Do you like your Neighbour?’
Lauren

Great experience!

I had a wonderful time in Poland and spent two weeks with Angloville! I did kids and juniors programme and both were amazing! The children were lovely and enthusiastic and other volunteers in the programme were lovely as well! I will forever cherish those memories and highly recommend Angloville to everyone! The coordinators are super nice and helpful. Some days can be tiring but you always have free time during the day to relax. The venues are beautiful and most of them had areas to play some sports like football and volleyball.

I definitely recommend staying in the city of departure a couple of days before or after the programme to have more time to travel around the city. Bring your own snacks to the programme and spare change as some venues may have a cafe/bar to buy food.
Jassie

Adventures across Poland

I spent 2 weeks with Angloville across 2 camps in Poland and it was a wonderful experience. I had the pleasure of meeting great mentors and getting to know many kids from different walks of life. The camp sites were lovely, set in idyllic parts of Poland. I've come away with special memories that I will hold very close to me. It was great to meet mentors from across the globe knowing we all had one thing in common and that was wanting to share our knowledge and language with the kids. Would definitely recommend for anyone thinking about taking part.

Just be yourself and enjoy your time getting to know the kids.