Puerto Rico - Custom Group Travel & Volunteering

Team of volunteers working side by side with community members!
Team of volunteers working side by side with community members!
Clearing debris at a reforestation project in Puerto Rico.
Clearing debris at a reforestation project in Puerto Rico.
A male volunteer learning to lay a cement floor with Global Works!
A male volunteer learning to lay a cement floor with Global Works!
Building community with our local partners with Global Works.
Building community with our local partners with Global Works.
Kayak Tour of the Bio-luminescent Bay in Puerto Rico for volunteers of Global Works.
Passing buckets of cement to build a retaining wall in Puerto Rico
Passing buckets of cement to build a retaining wall in Puerto Rico
Female volunteer enjoying fun times on the worksite in Puerto Rico.
Female volunteer enjoying fun times on the worksite in Puerto Rico.
Tour of Old San Juan with Global Works.
Tour of Old San Juan with Global Works.

Support Hurricane Maria Relief efforts in Puerto Rico! Partner with a local community to rebuild and repair homes that were damaged during the hurricane. Groups work with concrete and learn basic construction skills while creating lasting bonds with community members. Afternoons are spent cooling off in the ocean and enjoying the group and cultural activities.

Global Works collaborates with you to design a custom trip to Puerto Rico that brings your ideas to life! Through real connections, meaningful service projects, knowledgeable guides, and unique opportunities at every turn, we specialize in leaving you WOW-ed! Let us take care of the planning and logistics while you benefit from our longstanding and unique contacts and connections.

• Meaningful Community Service.
  • Cultural Exchange.
  • Adventure.
  • Language Immersion.
  • Service Learning.

Diego

Best Week of My Life

The week in Puerto Rico I experienced through Global Works was the best week and the best experience of my life. Going to a foreign country with people I didn't know and without my cellphone was a little bit intimidating to me, but the trip wouldn't have been nearly as memorable if I stayed in my comfort zone. After the first day, I felt at home. The counselors were amazing, they made everyone feel super comfortable and were so easy to hang out and talk with. I didn't know anyone going into the trip, but by the last day, it was like we had known each other all of our lives. We still talk and have a group chat months after the trip, and the fact that we all became such great friends in such a short amount of time just shows how close we all became on the trip. Although the hurricane really hurt Puerto Rico, one thing that never wavered was the pride Puerto Ricans had for their country. Everyone we met accepted us and were so happy to be able to share their country with us. We were able to help the house we were working on so much throughout the week and seeing the joy on Angel and Maria's faces, the owners of the house, made working so enjoyable as we were all so determined and happy to help them. After a hard day at work, we went back to the house we were staying at and went to the beach for a couple of hours and all ate dinner and played volleyball together. This sense of community is something that you can't fake, and I highly recommend this trip to anyone who wants to do something truly meaningful with new people from all over the country.

What was your funniest moment?
For me, the funniest moment of the trip was when we had a talent show. We all had to have an act, and it was so funny to watch what people came up with. One person on our trip ate 22 Welch Fruit Snack bags in two minutes. They were these types of moments that really brought us closer together and made the trip so much fun.
Blake

Puerto Rico

It's hard to put into words the fantastic experience I had during this trip. It was indeed one of the best weeks I ever had. I was a little bit nervous about going on this trip. I had been on missions trips before, but they were never outside the states. I was so glad to have had the people I was with during the week because it made the experience so much better. By the end, we became like one big family. Even though many live on the other side of the country, I still talk and text them every day. Not only were the people so much fun to hang out, but the work that we did for the community felt so rewarding. We filled a floor and a wall full of cement, and even though it was hard work, it was so worth it. I highly recommend this trip for anyone who loves to do hard work and love to meet people from all across the country.

What was your funniest moment?
One of my most favorite moments during my trip was the talent show that we did. We had people juggle oranges, draw trees in less than a minute and we even had one person try to eat a whole box of welch's fruit snacks in two minutes. Our leaders also joined the talent doing a little whose line is it anyway skit, and it was so funny.
Jasper

Overall an amazing trip by a well run organization

My school worked with Global Works to offer a summer service trip to Puerto Rico. The global works leaders, Eric and Blair, were absolutely amazing and during the whole trip, it was always very clear that everything had been well organized and was under control. The Villa del Ria community members that we worked with were so warm and welcoming, making our service work of building houses in their community feel even more rewarding. The trip had a good balance of intense work days to relaxing "touristy" days, giving the trip an "efficient" yet very pleasant feel. This trip showed us all how welcoming Puerto Ricans are and also how the island is still struggling to rebuild after Hurricane Maria. Overall, I could not have been happier with this service trip offered through Global Works.