- South Africa
- Port Elizabeth
View Other Details
This is a fantastic opportunity for animal enthusiasts to work alongside vets and wildlife experts on a lush game reserve in South Africa. The experience is highly practical but with useful theoretical knowledge included. It is ideally set up for those wanting some unique work experience before going to study.
You will focus on two main areas; learning how the dynamics of the game reserve work and the role of the vet. The reserve comprises three main sections: the wild reserve, the rehabilitation area and the domestic animals.
You will be involved with tasks such as checking the health of the animals, rescuing and rehabilitating young animals, and immersing yourself in the day to day routine of conservation and wildlife management.
Accommodation is in the heart of the reserve with views across the prairie. At weekends you have the option enjoy the coastal town of Port Elizabeth. There is internet access and three meals provided each day.
Great experience not to be missed!
- Gain veterinary experience to help with university and job applications.
- Experience African wildlife through the eyes of a vet and other wildlife experts.
- Get out and about on a Big 5 game reserve each day, enjoying seeing some incredible animals.
- Live in the heart of the reserve with other like-minded participants.
- Immerse yourself in amazing freetime activities such as exploring Port Elizabeth, doing shark cage diving or doing a bungee jump.