Volunteer in South Africa: Social Entrepreneurship Initiative™

Volunteer in South Africa: Social Entrepreneurship Initiative™

What if the future of our global community depended on your ideas and leadership?

This program draws a diverse group of self-motivated, informed students to go beyond traditional community service and learn how to design long-term solutions for current global issues.

Program Highlights
- Learn how to design and mobilize solutions for global impact
- Live on a campus with students from over 30 countries
- Tour Soweto, home to Desmond Tutu and Nelson Mandela
- Go on a half-day safari to view South Africa’s wildlife

Africa » South Africa » Soweto
Africa » South Africa » Johannesburg
Africa » South Africa » Cape Town
Africa » South Africa
Includes: All meals and purified water, Lodging in GLA Home-Base, All excursions and activities, 24-hour emergency hotline, Airport Transportation, Local Transportation, Pre-departure Orientation, Travel, medical and evacuation insurance, Phone call home upon arrival.

Hannah

Exceeds expectations

My trip to South Africa has been the most pivotal moment of my life thus far. Especially within this specific program, you tackle issues that most other travel organizations do not. I was able to work directly with a small business owner, and the whole GLA group was able to help foster entrepreneurship in a country with about a 25% unemployment rate. South Africa is a beautiful country, with stunning views (and penguins! and ostriches!) and vibrant cities. If many are hesitant to travel afar, South Africa is a great choice. Everyone is welcoming and helpful (and speaks English). When I left, I cried my eyes out. I plan on returning as soon as possible, and hopefully studying there during University.

With a history and heritage in global education, Global Leadership Adventures packs our itineraries with leadership development, volunteering and the delight of taking learning off the beaten path. Our unique program design produces what many students call a life-changing experience, not just a spring break