Kaya Volunteer Programs in South Africa

Volunteers on their way to work Kruger South Africa
Volunteers on their way to work Kruger South Africa
Volunteers in tree workshop in South Africa
Volunteers in tree workshop in South Africa

Join one of Kaya's many volunteer programs in South Africa. We operate primarily in the Cape Town and St.Lucia area. Volunteers will be involved in community programmes like our sports coaching project, teaching English in rural schools and the community medical volunteer programme. The St. Lucia volunteer programs is focused on HIV/AIDS. Volunteers will work with HIV infected children living in orphanages and on an adult HIV/AIDS awareness program.

Thank you for your interest in volunteering in South Africa with Kaya. This is an experience you aren't likely to forget!

Mo

Volunteering at Disabled Children's Riding school in Cape Town

I'm a mature lady that for once had a little time to be able to visit South Africa and do voluntary work at SARDA riding school for disabled children in Cape Town. Despite my initial concerns whether I would be able to cope with the physical work in the stables and as a side walker to the riders, it was an extremely uplifting experience and a real joy to see the smiles of the children who all appeared to benefit from their lessons. The highlight was on my last morning when on two separate occasions my name was called out and I was waved at by children who had learning difficulties.
I was very spoilt and so well taken care of from being met at the airport, escorted to my homestay with my own en suite. I was taken on orientation and other trips, I made so many friends who were on the same or different projects.
If you're thinking of doing a voluntary project, just do it, it's a life changer.

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
Given the opportunity, I would spend more time on the project, I loved the horses, staff and of course the kids were amazing.