Join one of Kaya's many award-winning volunteer or intern programs in South Africa. Located across South Africa including Kruger, Cape Town, and St.Lucia, you can work in wildlife research, environmental conservation, or a variety of healthcare and community projects.
South Africa is an incredibly diverse and vibrant country, ranging from artistic, cultural cities, to wide spanning bush and reserves dedicated to conservation. You could be volunteering within communities living with HIV, or helping toward the conservation of endangered rhinos.
South Africa is a country with a complex history, famous coastlines, and stunning landscapes. Their advisors will make sure that you are placed on the project that is right for you, whether that is based on your skills, career plans, or just which cause you want to make a difference in. If you chose to volunteer or intern with Kaya in South Africa, their expert team will be able to advise you on where to travel during your free time.
- Volunteer with Africa's Big 5 (lion, leopard, rhino, elephant, and buffalo) in Port Elizabeth
- Work in St. Lucia at a project dedicated to improving education in rural communities
- Marine and wildlife adventure tour through South Africa, Mozambique, and Eswatini
- Travel throughout the outstanding landscapes of South Africa during free-time from your volunteer placement or internship
- Volunteer in community development, immersing yourself entirely in the local culture, while developing personal and professional skills