Over the past 20 years, Victory Gap Year has seen over 800 students from around the world complete their gap year with us. With the tremendous success we have had in helping young people discover a life of purpose, VGY would like to invite you to volunteer with us on the VGY Volunteer Track.
Over the period of 6 weeks you will experience the South African adventure of a life time as you volunteer in and make a valuable contribution to various underprivileged communities, including the Khoisan people in The Karoo. You will also have the opportunity to serve in a local school in the heart of the local informal settlement as well as visiting numerous South African National Parks such as the Storms River mouth and go on an authentic African wildlife safari.
- Community outreach and Volunteering: Students get to engage in various outreaches into the surrounding disadvantaged communities.
- Adventure and Fun: VGY is nestled in the heart of the seaside town of Jeffreys Bay, the surfing capital of South Africa.
- Grow in your relationship with God: God never created us for religion, He designed us to be in a life giving relationship with Him.
- Establish Identity - Discover who you really are – what God says about you – and walk in the security of your identity as a child of God.
- Vibrant Church Community: VGY is a ministry of Victory Church, a dynamic church with a heart to reach the nations with the Gospel.
In addition to all of the above, volunteers experience authentic community by being part of Victory Church, a local church making a significant impact in our town, the Kouga area, and around the world. Learn valuable leadership skills by attending leadership classes aimed at helping you discover your life of influence.
Not only are you able to serve the less privileged, but you also have a massive opportunity to be completely immersed in the diverse and colourful South African culture.