This program is no longer offered. View more programs from UBELONG.
Volunteer in South Africa: Most Affordable & Real Impact!

Volunteer in South Africa: Most Affordable & Real Impact!

This program is no longer offered. View more programs from UBELONG.

UBELONG offers 1-week to 6-month volunteering opportunities in Cape Town, South Africa.

Volunteer in one of these world-class projects:

CAREGIVING
-->Helping at a daycare
-->Caring for children with disabilities

EDUCATION
-->Elementary school teaching
-->Teaching children with autism

SPORTS
-->Teaching physical education

Visit ubelong.org for more detail - the journey of a lifetime starts there!

• **24/7 in-country support
  • **Volunteer on projects that truly need you
  • **Live in the heart of Rabat and enjoy delicious meals every day
  • **Go with a US based organization - legitimacy and peace of mind
  • **The #1 program in South Africa and with the best reviews!
Africa » South Africa » Cape Town
Africa » South Africa
Spring Break
Winter
Year Round
Without compromising safety or impact, UBELONG aims to offer the world’s most affordable 1-week to 6-month international volunteering opportunities.

Fees include:
-->Extensive pre-departure mentorship and support
-->Volunteering alongside locals on projects that make a REAL impact
-->Airport pick-up
-->Housing and meals
-->24/7 in-country support
-->Peace of mind from joining UBELONG, a social organization headquartered in Washington, DC
-->Brand name and networking opportunities that comes from being part of the well-known UBELONG Community

Stephen
Tampa, FL
University of South Florida

UBelong: Cape Town

UBELONG provided me with an amazing experience that I will never forget. They made my stay in Cape Town, South Africa very comfortable and problem free. Without having to worry about problems with my safety or host family, I was able to fully enjoy and learn a lot form my project. I will definitely go through UBELONG again!

Susan
Houston, Texas
University of New Orleans

2 Weeks in Cape Town, South Africa

I had the privelege to work with 3rd graders in Cape Town, South Africa this past spring 2013. The Principal, staff and students were very appreciative of all volunteers and I was able to make a valuable contribution while learning about their culture and history. Cedric, my UBELONG representative was very kind and helpful throughout the entire process. The Cape Town local team was efficient and checked in with me during my assignment to ensure I was happy and everything was going smoothly. I highly recommend UBELONG because of its program options, great staff and low program costs. I had a wonderful time. I hope to volunteer with UBELONG again in the future.

A bigger volunteer house to accommodate all the enthusiastic volunteers from all over the world :-)

Brandy
Chicago, IL

Bes Experience Of My Life

My trip to South Africa through UBelong was my first long term trip abroad. I've been to Africa before for two weeks, but being here for so long a second time had much more of an impact. I learned so much about the country by immersing myself in the culture instead of reading it through a book. I learned by experience what things were normal in the country and the differences they had compared o my home town. I cannot put into words the quality of friendships I had made in Cape Town. The people I lived and worked with were so amazing and I couldn't have asked for a better stay. UBelong did a great job of preparing me for my trip and keeping in touch with me while I was there. I recommend UBelong to anyone who wants an adventure that will change your life for the better! :)

Do your own research on the country before leaving! You're going to be as safe as you make it for yourself. Although you are told that the culture is mostly modest clothing, it is not as modest as you may think. Most people are used to shorts and spaghetti straps, but be warned about the comments you may get from people on the streets.

Marykatewill1226
Wilmington, DE
University of Delaware

Mary Williams-UBELONG review

I cannot express enough gratitude and appreciation for everything UBELONG has done for me. I traveled to Cape Town, South Arica for 3 weeks in January 2013. My time in Cape Town was by far the most lifechanging experience of my life. I volunteered in a poor farm school with young children who had little to nothing. A day has not gone by since my trip that have not thought about these children. I am so grateful for UBELONG because they set me up with such an incredible project and host family. Although I was a thousand miles away, I always felt comfortable and right at home in Cape Town. Although I was only there for three weeks, I truly immerged in their culture experienced their diverse foods, traditions, and lifestyle. I recommend the UBELONG organization for anyone who wants to travel and do good in the world. My mentor, Cedric, was there for me every step of the way. He was always available to talk and he guided me through this experience.

Now that I am a UBELONG volunteer, I cannot imagine volunteering with any other organization and I hope to plan another trip through them soon!

The only thing I would change is that I wish I was able to talk to someone before I went that had already been there. I tried to find someone on Facebook but was unsuccessful. Now, I am trying to be more available for someone who is going to Cape Town in the future.

Andy
New York, NY
Baruch College

Andy Chu's Review on Cape Town, South Africa

I knew UBELONG was going to be a life-changing experience but if I had to choose one word for my experience, it would have to be "dream." Volunteering in Cape Town felt like a dream because although I was only there for 2 weeks, it was probably the most meaningful 2 weeks of my life. It felt like I was there for 2 years and at the end of my stay, I was so sad to leave. There was never a minute where I wasn't bringing a smile to a face of a child or a fellow volunteer. That was the kind of impact I was hoping for: to make my presence felt and to form friendships I can be proud of for the rest of my life. However, there's no doubt in my mind that the one who benefited most of all from my efforts and humanitarianism is myself. To all those who are considering volunteering abroad with UBELONG, there's no question you should do it!!

To be perfectly honest, there was nothing I would change. I was very lucky that my experience was so great.

Most Affordable - Trusted by Thousands - Real Impact

--> Pick from 100+ projects in education, caregiving, conservation, medical and more
--> Go to Africa, Asia, Latin America & Europe