- Sri Lanka
View Other Details
-Airport pick-up and drop-off
-2-3 meals a day (this varies depending on your placement)
-24 hour support
If you are passionate about marine conservation, and you want to travel to one of the most culturally fascinating and idyllic spots in South Asia, then volunteer in Sri Lanka and work to protect five endangered species of turtle. You will be working on the beautiful south coastline with marine enthusiasts, protecting the turtles' breeding grounds and monitoring their activities.
Volunteers are much needed in Sri Lanka, where the turtles are under threat from tourism, locals, and the fishing industry. On this marine conservation project, you will work within a small team to carry out rewarding work that protects Sri Lanka’s endangered turtle population.
Sri Lanka’s breathtaking vistas are perfect for those keen on hiking, cycling, and diving. For experienced divers, try the unique Gorgonian Gardens dive and spot hundreds of triggerfish. Delve into ancient history and travel to the capital Colombo for a change of scene and pace from your beachfront location.
- Work to protect five species of endangered turtle
- See elephants, leopards and sloth bears at Yala National Park
- Explore rich heritage, visit the remarkable botanical gardens, and try delicious street food
- Placement is located on the stunning southern coastline of Sri Lanka
- Project is a small team of marine enthusiasts, from conservation to snorkelling and diving