Volunteer in Sri Lanka | Most Affordable Projects Starting From $390

If you are an animal lover looking forward to volunteer with animals, then Volunteering Solutions can provide you with amazing opportunities in Sri Lanka. A tiny island nation of Southeast Asia, this country is a paradise for beach lovers!

You can choose to volunteer for the Turtle Conservation Program in Kosgoda - and spend your days at the beachside! You'll have to look after the well-being of the turtles, protect the eggs from any harm, patrol the beaches and collect data. It'll be a great opportunity for you to gain international work experience. Other than this, you can also opt to be a part of the Elephant and Community Volunteer Project in Kegalle.

• Both the programs in Sri Lanka are available throughout the year, and you can choose the duration according to your convenience.
  • It'll be an incredible opportunity for you to spend some quality time with the adorable animals.
  • Enjoy and relax at the pristine beaches of Sri Lanka, and explore the UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
  • Experience the authentic Sri Lankan lifestyle, and get to know more about the natives.
  • Meet some amazing travelers from other parts of the world.

Sonam

Galle, Sri Lanka with Vol Sol

Galle,Sri Lanka is definitely a place for travelers looking for some quiet time away from the hustle and bustle in the city. The orphanage was very much different from all my other travel volunteering experience primarily because of their very strict regulations, imposed on both volunteers and the children there. Once you get past that, you'd have an enjoyable time. Social scene was not as great as the other asian countries. Accommodation was pretty close to the beach, which gave me plenty of time to reflect and rejuvenate. Great experience nonetheless, but only if you're okay to be in the quiet.

Sara

Cultural and eye opening experience

I volunteered at a girls home attached to an orphanage in Galle, Sri Lanka. I also did a few days at a monastery teaching English to young monks. The girls I worked with were so sweet and well behaved, even though they had experienced some horrible life circumstances. I really felt like a worthwhile experience.

My host family was very welcoming and helpful, and staying with them gave a real insight into daily Sri Lankan life and traditions. I also really enjoyed exploring Galle old town in the afternoons- a really interesting little place, safe and friendly.

It was difficult to teach as there was no supervision from staff at both the girls home and the orphanage. The level of basic English was good so it was quite challenging to know what to teach without any guidance/ knowledge on what the girls and monks were currently learning.
Aline

my experience

It was my first experience and I had more expectations in regards to d exp of giving love andcare to the children and feeling that I actually added value to d moncks. For me d exp was a bit commercialized. But I would definitely do it again by looking at things differently

Work more with the local people to tell them about volunteers and how tgey should be welcomed. Instead of blocking them. Since we are coming all the way for a purpose.
Sarin

Hearth warming

I had an absolutely fantastic time volunteering at the Buddha international center and at the orphanage in galle, sri lanka.
I had a chance to help teach English in the mornings for monks which was fantastic. And the afternoon was focused on the children at the orphanage. What a treat that was. I spent time on English education via reading books, working on writing in activity books, singing and playing together…it was really fantastic. The children are so full of warmth, so dynamic, and so loving! I felt a really strong connection to them and looked forward each day to seeing them again. I loved helping the kids, and really felt connected with them. All the activities we did were perfectly suited for their age. I think it was a hearth warming volunteering experience. Of course let’s not forget the friends we made during our stay, making lifelong friendships, which came from working through difficulties and exploring new things together.
The project was brief but I managed to get a lot of experience. Volunteering will be a great opportunity to improve you, others, and the whole society.

One thing would make it better for us, is to know more about the kids, the monks.... have more information about their condition and their needs. maybe that way we can be prepared more and try to help them with their needs.
Evy

Orphanage in Galle

I did 2 programs with VS. After completing my program in India, I went to Galle in Sri Lanka. The orphanage was really nice. Some of the children were disabled and it was heart warming to see them and help them as much as I could. Michael and his family were great and the food was nice.

Sri Lankan food is usually spicy, so it would be nice to make it to the taste of the volunteers.

About Volunteering Solutions

Since 2007, Volunteering Solutions (VolSol) has been working with the aim of providing support to the underprivileged societies of the world in order to make a difference. Over the last 11 years, VolSol has placed more than 13,200 volunteers across...