• Sri Lanka

- 24 hrs Assistance and support from Staff
- Comprehensive Pre- Departure Information
- Airport Pickup from Colombo
- Orientation
- Food - All 3 Meals a day (Monday to Friday)
- Accommodation 7 days a week
What's Included
Accommodation Activities Airport Transfers Meals Travel Insurance Wifi
What's Not Included
Airfare Visa
Jan 19, 2022
Apr 02, 2022
15 travelers are looking at this program

If you are an animal lover looking forward to volunteer with animals, then Volunteering Solutions can provide you with amazing opportunities in Sri Lanka. A tiny island nation of Southeast Asia, this country is a paradise for beach lovers!

You can choose to volunteer for the Turtle Conservation Program in Kosgoda - and spend your days at the beachside! You'll have to look after the well-being of the turtles, protect the eggs from any harm, patrol the beaches and collect data. It'll be a great opportunity for you to gain international work experience. Other than this, you can also opt to be a part of the Elephant and Community Volunteer Project in Kegalle.

Program Highlights

• Both the programs in Sri Lanka are available throughout the year, and you can choose the duration according to your convenience.
  • It'll be an incredible opportunity for you to spend some quality time with the adorable animals.
  • Enjoy and relax at the pristine beaches of Sri Lanka, and explore the UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
  • Experience the authentic Sri Lankan lifestyle, and get to know more about the natives.
  • Meet some amazing travelers from other parts of the world.

R

Turtle Conversation in Galle Sri Lanka

Had a great time taking part in the Sea Turtle Conservation Project in Galle, Sri Lanka. The project was a great way to raise awareness about the life of sea turtles. The local staff was extremely helpful and very patient, the volunteers were enthusiastic, Summer Garden Guesthouse, where I stayed, was super and very well located. Needless to say, the overall experience is something that I would definitely recommend for students, fresh graduates and young professionals. I hope to go back there soon!

Response from Volunteering Solutions

Thank you for your review and for joining us in Sri Lanka ! We cannot wait for you to travel with us again! 😍💚

Esha

Best time of my life in Sri Lanka!!

I had the most amazing experience in Sri Lanka! Thanks to Tatiane and the team for wonderful support and trip. Highly recommend Volunteering Solutions!

The airport pickup was a bit delayed due to local conditions, but I was in constant contact with the coordinator and Tati on WhatsApp. The house was amazing and I loved staying there with 23 other volunteers from around the world. This was really nice, as we were able to meet in the evenings and go around on the weekends. People were there from Spain, Portugal, UK, Germany and US! The turtle project was nice and I also worked on the dog project for a week, which was nice.

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
It would be nice to be in touch with others on the trip before going. But I have no complaints and I loved my time!
Response from Volunteering Solutions

Hello Esha,
Thanks for leaving a review of your experience in Sri Lanka. Glad to know you had an amazing experience in Sri Lanka.
Thanks
Team Volunteering Solutions

Sonya

I loved Sri Lanka!

I had an excellent time in Sri Lanka. The turtle project was amazing and the staff made us feel welcome. The house is great and the location is excellent. I am already looking to do more programs later in summer! The booking process was simple and fast, I had good support from Sahil and the team at office. The zoom calls before my travels made me very comfortable about the trip and also my parents were relieved. I did a lot of research and I am glad I found the right company to travel with. Already excited about the future trips!

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
I think the program was perfect as it is. Maybe if we could meet other before traveling it would be nice.
Pauline

My time in Sri Lanka

My three months in Sri Lanka have been really great. The staff in the house was very nice and always willing to help if there was a problem. I also really liked my project and enjoyed the work and time with the sea turtles.The trips that I took part in were always very organized and full of new experiences. Since Sri Lanka has a lot to offer regarding it’s nature, cities and scenery I was always able to discover new and different parts of the country. I have met a lot of amazing people there and enjoyed my stay very much.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
Our trip to the rainforest. It was raining heavily and the floor was covered in leaches. But all in all it was a great experience. We even were able to bathe in a waterfall.
Natalia

Amazing experience

Spending this time volunteering in Kegalle was one of the best experiences of my life. Rosie is a phenomenal host and an incredibly friendly soul. The project itself was great fun, it was rewarding to help out, getting to know the elephants and washing them in the river. I'll miss them a lot! The girls at the orphanage melted my heart and I'll definitely be going back to do this project again. It was probably the most authentic way I could have experienced the country and Rosie was great in helping us sort out excursions and travel. Thanks so much!

Sonam

Galle, Sri Lanka with Vol Sol

Galle,Sri Lanka is definitely a place for travelers looking for some quiet time away from the hustle and bustle in the city. The orphanage was very much different from all my other travel volunteering experience primarily because of their very strict regulations, imposed on both volunteers and the children there. Once you get past that, you'd have an enjoyable time. Social scene was not as great as the other asian countries. Accommodation was pretty close to the beach, which gave me plenty of time to reflect and rejuvenate. Great experience nonetheless, but only if you're okay to be in the quiet.

Sara

Cultural and eye opening experience

I volunteered at a girls home attached to an orphanage in Galle, Sri Lanka. I also did a few days at a monastery teaching English to young monks. The girls I worked with were so sweet and well behaved, even though they had experienced some horrible life circumstances. I really felt like a worthwhile experience.

My host family was very welcoming and helpful, and staying with them gave a real insight into daily Sri Lankan life and traditions. I also really enjoyed exploring Galle old town in the afternoons- a really interesting little place, safe and friendly.

It was difficult to teach as there was no supervision from staff at both the girls home and the orphanage. The level of basic English was good so it was quite challenging to know what to teach without any guidance/ knowledge on what the girls and monks were currently learning.
Aline

my experience

It was my first experience and I had more expectations in regards to d exp of giving love andcare to the children and feeling that I actually added value to d moncks. For me d exp was a bit commercialized. But I would definitely do it again by looking at things differently

Work more with the local people to tell them about volunteers and how tgey should be welcomed. Instead of blocking them. Since we are coming all the way for a purpose.