Most Affordable volunteer programs in Tanzania!

Most Affordable volunteer programs in Tanzania!

Iko Poran offers a wide range of safe, exciting and affordable volunteers programs in Tanzania

Our variety of programs includes childcare/orphanage; teaching English; Sports; a dance program and a special women project in which volunteers train young women in many vocational skills to empower them for employment.

- Volunteers can join the program from 1 to 24 weeks;
- Programs start every Tuesday; volunteers should arrive Mondays;
- Volunteers are lodged with other likeminded volunteers from all over the world in a fully equipped new hostel in Moshono, the nicest neighbourhood in Arusha, a city in the best location of Tanzania.

It is hard to believe what it is like to volunteer in a foreign country – the local people you will meet, experiencing a new culture from a local perspective, working & living in amazing landscapes and sceneries.

• Volunteerism should not be expensive for the ones with good hearts that want to lend a hand;
  • Volunteers receive an orientation upon arrival. Extra weekend activities planned;
  • Only Volunteer Abroad Organization based in a developing country; Other providers are profit-oriented traveling companies based in First World nations.
  • All money charged is used to further achieve our mission and contribute to our local programs.
  • Most affordable registration and program fees!
Weeks Min.
Weeks Max
Year Round
Registration fee is only $199 and covers marketing costs, pre and post placement support from our staff, a complete country information guide, volunteer training booklet, administration costs, travel costs to run inspection visits in all locations, communication costs, and office staff.

Program fee varies according to the duration of the program and covers: Airport pickup, 1 day orientation & city tour, welcoming booklet, accommodation in a new hostel, 2 meals per day (breakfast and dinner), support from the local staff, program supervision, in-country 24/7 support throughout your program, in-country administration costs and donation to support your project.

A great experience

I´m Nadir, from Br4azil.
I’ve had three unforgettable weeks working as a volunteer in Arusha, Tanzania.
To be in a foreign country, especially in a continent so different from our western life was the first impact.
The second impact was the institution “The Orphanage” with many children that wanted affection. Besides the affection they’ve wanted to learn more.
On the other hand, the great variety of necessities of this institution: food, clothes for children, didactic materials, many things to do such as cooking, doing the dishes, cleaning, etc.
But that’s what I’ve thought.
And now I only can say: thank you so much because I was able to learn, teach, support to teacher, play with children and help a little in the daily routine.
I only have positive points about the program: the whole organization, support with information, suggestions, safety recommendations and many ​other ​things.
I also consider very important to comment the accommodation: Localization, home, amenities, food and the care of people who work at the home.
At the end, I have to say thank you for the touristic information and program that I did.

Thank you so much!

Volunteering Program in Arusha Tanzania

The Royal School is a primary school in Arush, in a poor neighborhood.
I personaly taught English, Math, Music and dances, in several grades (2 to 7th)
I had a very good relations with all the school personel and the kids.
The satisfaction of helping the school is very good.
The children need a lot of love, help and support and give you their love back...
The school needs more volunteers and also financial support in order to improve its conditions.

The preparation before arrival in order to meet expectation of all sides (the volunteers, the organization arranging the program and the organization receiving the volunteers)

Response from Iko Poran Volunteer Abroad

Dear Yair,
So good to know more about your experience in Tanzania. We are very happy to know that your experience was full of love, support and respect. We truly believe that a volunteer experience should be a win-win situation where you put time, energy and love and get the same back from the project (kids).
We would love to hear your suggestions about how to improve the pre arrival details so the next volunteers can have an even better experience. Please don't hesitate to contact us directly.
We wish you all the best.

About Iko Poran Volunteer Abroad

Iko Poran is the only Volunteer Abroad organization based in a developing country respectively in a destination country, and also, Iko Poran is the only one that runs its own projects. We have 14 years experience and have received and coordinated...