$250 contribution to your flight when you travel with us...!!!
Africa & Asia Venture (AV) is one of the oldest gap year providers. Since 1993 AV has been offering unique immersive programs in Africa and Asia for those aged 17-25. You live and work in the local community in a group with fellow participants from around the world.
Cultural immersion is more than just being a tourist and seeing the sights, it's a unique opportunity to engage meaningfully with individuals and a community, to build relationships, make friends and live life as they do.
Our Thailand program is divided into three parts - orientation, cultural immersion placement and independent travel.
Whether you have a full Gap Year to fill or want to take a mini gap in your holidays, we can tailor the Thailand program to suit your diary.
- Orientation - a chance to settle in, get to know your group and make sure you're fully prepared for all aspects of your placement.
- Immersion - you live and work with others in your group, sharing your skills, in one of our partner communities in an area near the Burma border. Key to the experience is the high level of independence we offer. We're always available, but we stand back and let you make the most of the experience.
- Independent Travel - the final month of the program is free for you to explore further afield with your group. You may venture to Vietnam, Laos or travel down to Malaysia to see the orangutans... It's up to you!
- Far from the tourist hot spots, this program is in the real Thailand in north close to the border with Myanmar / Burma
- Live, work and play in the local community
- Travel with a group and make lifelong friendships
- We never use third party operators, we run all our programs ourself so you know you're in safe hands
- 24/7 in country support