By Africa & Asia Venture (AV)   Reviews (3)   90% Rating

Cultural Immersion Program | Thailand

By Africa & Asia Venture (AV)   Reviews (3)   90% Rating

Cultural immersion is more than just being a tourist and seeing the sights, it's a unique opportunity to engage meaningfully with individuals and a community, to build relationships, make friends and live life as they do.

Our Thailand program is divided into three parts - orientation, cultural immersion placement and independent travel.

• Orientation - a chance to settle in, get to know your group and make sure you're fully prepared for all aspects of your placement.
  • Immersion - you live and work with others in your group, sharing your skills, in one of our partner communities in an area near the Burma border. Key to the experience is the high level of independence we offer. We're always available, but we stand back and let you make the most of the experience.
  • Independent Travel - the final month of the program is free for you to explore further afield with your group. You may venture to Vietnam, Laos or travel down to Malaysia to see the orangutans... It's up to you!
Asia › Thailand
0.00

Rating Values

Alexander
Devon
Oxford Brookes University

My Gap Year in Thailand

Overall 10

Going on a gap year to Thailand was one the best life decisions I have ever made. Its a massive step to go across the world by yourseld, but your not alone as AV are there with you all the way.
Teaching children also seems like a massive step but the teachers were incredibly helpful and were always there if you needed help.

Southeast Asia is a thrilling place to explore and I am so glad I made the decision to go and for the lifelong friends I made along the way

Thomas

North Thailand english teaching

Overall 9

I learnt so much as when I left sixth form I didn't feel ready to go to university so I decided to go traveling and found that AV had trips to Thailand to contribute to teaching primary school children English. I found it eye opening and learnt so much, mainly to appreciate what I had back in UK. I learnt so many life skills like managing money, living on your own for long periods of time, being dropped in to an environment where you know no one which helps massively with social skills and being responsible for just you, whilst being in a different country half way around the world from what your used to.These skills helped support me through university and life after that. On the trip there were five of us and three others who we met on the trip who did volunteering independently. I would highly recommend anyone interested in going traveling to go through a company like AV adventure as they help you organise your trip for a large proportion of the time and then you have freedom to go traveling where you want to once you have settled in to the countries ways and culture. Then you get to travel as you please for the final 3rd of the trip. My experience of traveling was an incredible and one I will never forget.

Whilst on this program our contact in the country was away back in England for the majority of the trip due to family commitments and this wasn't helpful as it was a lot harder to get problems we had sorted. but you could say this helped make us more independent and the teachers at the school were incredibly kind and helped us with any problems we had.
gibbon
Scotland

School refurbishment

Overall 8

A really fantastic experience with a great group of people. The faces of the people in the community when we had finished our program made the effort worthwhile!

Africa & Asia Venture (AV) offers unique immersive gap year and summer programs in Africa and Asia for those aged 17 to 25.

We build groups of individuals and, normally in pairs or fours but never on your own, you will live in the local community, with locals as they live. Our aim is to place you carefully, according to your experience, with fellow gap year participants from around the world.

We offer five-week summer programs and longer 12 or 16-week gap year programs.

Our 24/7 local management teams provide continuous support throughout your time with us to ensure the experience of a lifetime.

Community Photos: