Experience the real Thailand: Adventure travel and Volunteering

$250 contribution to your flight when you travel with us...!!!

For a limited time we are giving anyone who applies for qualifying programs and travels with us before 31st May 2019 $250 off their flights! So hurry, hurry, hurry...!!!

Africa & Asia Venture (AV) is one of the oldest gap year providers. Since 1993 AV has been offering unique immersive programs in Africa and Asia for those aged 17-25. You live and work in the local community in a group with fellow participants from around the world.

Thailand is an amazing country, full of contrast. You will have plenty of opportunity to travel and see the tourist hot spots, experience the night life and have lots of adventures but your gap year will also be about something more.

Cultural immersion is more than just being a tourist and seeing the sights, it's a unique opportunity to engage meaningfully with individuals and a community, to build relationships, make friends and live life as they do.Our Gap Year program offers you the opportunity to experience the real Thailand, off the beaten track, where you can get to know the people and their culture.

#seetheworlddifferently

Our Thailand program is divided into three parts - orientation, cultural immersion placement and independent travel.

Whether you have a full Gap Year to fill or want to take a mini gap in your holidays, we can tailor the Thailand program to suit your diary.

• Orientation - a chance to settle in, get to know your group and make sure you're fully prepared for all aspects of your placement.
  • Immersion - you live and work with others in your group, sharing your skills, in one of our partner communities in an area near the Burma border. Key to the experience is the high level of independence we offer. We're always available, but we stand back and let you make the most of the experience.
  • Independent Travel - the final month of the program is free for you to explore further afield with your group. You may venture to Vietnam, Laos or travel down to Malaysia to see the orangutans... It's up to you!
  • Experience the real Thailand close to the border with Myanmar / Burma
  • Live, work and play in the local community
  • Travel with a group and make lifelong friendships
  • We never use third party operators, we run all our programs ourself so you know you're in safe hands
  • 24/7 in country support

Alexander

My Gap Year in Thailand

Going on a gap year to Thailand was one the best life decisions I have ever made. Its a massive step to go across the world by yourseld, but your not alone as AV are there with you all the way.
Teaching children also seems like a massive step but the teachers were incredibly helpful and were always there if you needed help.

Southeast Asia is a thrilling place to explore and I am so glad I made the decision to go and for the lifelong friends I made along the way

Thomas

North Thailand english teaching

I learnt so much as when I left sixth form I didn't feel ready to go to university so I decided to go traveling and found that AV had trips to Thailand to contribute to teaching primary school children English. I found it eye opening and learnt so much, mainly to appreciate what I had back in UK. I learnt so many life skills like managing money, living on your own for long periods of time, being dropped in to an environment where you know no one which helps massively with social skills and being responsible for just you, whilst being in a different country half way around the world from what your used to.These skills helped support me through university and life after that. On the trip there were five of us and three others who we met on the trip who did volunteering independently. I would highly recommend anyone interested in going traveling to go through a company like AV adventure as they help you organise your trip for a large proportion of the time and then you have freedom to go traveling where you want to once you have settled in to the countries ways and culture. Then you get to travel as you please for the final 3rd of the trip. My experience of traveling was an incredible and one I will never forget.

Whilst on this program our contact in the country was away back in England for the majority of the trip due to family commitments and this wasn't helpful as it was a lot harder to get problems we had sorted. but you could say this helped make us more independent and the teachers at the school were incredibly kind and helped us with any problems we had.
gibbon

School refurbishment

A really fantastic experience with a great group of people. The faces of the people in the community when we had finished our program made the effort worthwhile!

About Africa & Asia Venture (AV)

Africa & Asia Venture (AV) offers adventure travel and unique immersive volunteering and work experience programs in Africa and Asia for those aged 17 to 25.

You will live and volunteer in the local community with fellow participants from around the...