Meaningful Travel and Volunteer Programs

Explore multicultural, local's lifestyles and landscapes with the most advantages programs with us, for yourselves, for vulnerable/underprivileged communities and environment with varieties activities - teach English at village schools, learn and practice an organic farming, try varieties fresh organic tropical fruits, learn, practice and try Thai foods, visit different ethnic groups, help community development projects and environment conservation projects. We also offer very exciting excursions - visiting popular tourist attraction places, national parks, hot spring, waterfall, elephant show, temples, cave and shopping at the border towns.

Our projects are located in Chiang Mai, Thailand.

• You will get to the heart of Thailand
  • Direct experience about multicultural and local lifesyles
  • You can pic up variety fresh organic fruits from the fruit trees
  • Free half day Thai cooking lesson

Impact

Maggie

Amazing, Impactful Experience

If you want an amazing, impactful experience in Thailand-look no further. Working with LDC was a life changing experience. First of all, P. Manop (the founder) is one of the kindest, most hardworking men I've ever met. He will really set you up and take care of you and he really cares about the work that LDC does. I still stay in contact with him today and would trust him with my life. I never once felt unsafe and I always felt supported by and comfortable around staff.
LDC gives you the chance to live with a hilltribe community (great way to experience a new culture) and work alongside them and P. manop. The work I did was in construction but I also got some agriculture and english teaching volunteer experience as well. I volunteered with LDC through a third party which ended up being a more expensive way to do it. I would recommend volunteering directly through LDC to avoid unnecessary fees.

In the beginning, it was hard to understand the bigger picture vision for the project we completed. P. manop put together a powerpoint presentation at the end of our work that explained our works' impact and its role in the bigger picture vision but it would have been more helpful to have more education about this upfront.
Hanne

Beautiful discovery

Manop and Anna were wonderful hosts during our week in Chiang Mai. We got integrated in the little family immediately (with all the animals!). The place is breath taking, scenery truly stunning. It was an experience to be in such a rural place in the bush and learn about all the plants, the different ethnicities and the local life in this area. We truly felt welcomed, loved the home made food and had a really good time over there in general.

More working structure maybe, sometimes it was hard to know what we were actually doing eventhough we still enjoyed it a lot.
Yumi

Fulfilling and Fun Experience!!

I volunteered at LDC during a summer in college and it was one of the greatest experiences I've ever had. Manop and everyone else at the site are so inspiring to work with and three years later, I am still in contact with everyone I met while at LDC. I made such good friends and we all got so close within the first few days working together. This is a must do if you want to experience Thailand and I wish more than anything I could go back. Thank you to everyone at LDC!!! The memories we shared are with me everyday!

Stephanie

This is a must do!

I volunteered with this program at the Elephant Nature Park in Thailand and had the best times of my life! Our leader was Manop, who was one of the most humble, warm, and welcoming people I have met. He always ensured that we were having a good time, and participated in the work with us. I have made lifelong friends through this program, and actually went back to the Elephant Nature Park a couple of years later because I had such a great experience. I would highly recommend this program!

About Life Development Center

The Life Development Center is an non-profit NGO (Non Governmental Organization) located out of Chiang Mai, Thailand. We work to ensure that vulnerable tribal people have good living conditions by working closely with communities to establish income...