Teach English in a Homestay in Thailand for 1, 2 or 3 Months with Greenheart Travel

Live in Thailand
Greenheart Travel alumna, Megan, with her host mom
Greenheart Travel alumna, Megan, with her host mom
Live with a host family as a English tutor in Thailand
Live with a host family as a English tutor in Thailand

Greenheart Travel’s Teach English in a Homestay program in Thailand offers you the opportunity to become an English tutor with a local host family, while sharing in their everyday life in local community.

English tutors spend 15 hours per week teaching conversational English lessons, and the rest of the time is yours to explore all that Thailand has to offer! This is an incredibly unique opportunity to live like a local during a 1-3 month program with start dates year round.

Program Highlights:
--Volunteer tutoring position with a local host family
--15 hours per week teaching- rest of the time is yours to explore and travel
--Placements in and around Thailand
--Accommodation with a local host family
--1, 2 or 3 month placements
--Rolling start dates twice monthly

Program Price:
1 Month – $1,390
2 Months – $1,500
3 Months – $1,610

• Host family accommodation and meals included
  • Assistance from a personal program manager before, during and after your program
  • 24 Emergency contact service and medical insurance included
  • Pre-departure orientation & cultural training provided by your program manager
  • 2 day all inclusive orientation in Bangkok

J.C.

One month in Bangkok

I had the pleasure of living with a family outside of Bangkok for one month. I lived with grandmother, mom, dad, two boys (8 and 14) and three dogs. My focus was on preparing the 14 year old for his yearlong homestay in the U.S. the following year. I taught American History and Lifestyle lessons and worked on his conversational English.

I choose to participate in this program to help decide if I wanted to live and teach English in Thailand. My experience was so profound and inspiring; I am already planning my return.

I would highly recommend this program to anyone wanting to fully immerse yourself in another culture. Whether you are in high school, recently graduated, or a 30-year-old looking to make a life change like me, take the plunge and expand your comfort zone.

There could have been more training and exposure to specific Thai culture prior to leaving. The cultural and language training I received in Thailand from OEG felt rushed and mainly trivial.

Location:
88 F / 59 F
Airports:
Suvarnabhumi Airport
( BKK )

Thailand has become the most tourist visited country in Southeast Asia. This country provides dense jungles, beautiful beaches, world-class shopping, and stunning architecture. No matter your budget, there is something for you to take part in in Thailand.

About Greenheart Travel

Greenheart Travel is a 501(c)3 non-profit, mission driven organization based in Chicago, USA. We are passionate about providing immersive cultural immersion experiences for teenagers and adults in countries all over the world. We believe in the power...