View Other Details
Check out our website to learn more about the program
Join FTPF every April to plant thousands of fruit trees in Uganda! Fruit trees provide sustainable nutrition, income to families in poverty, & help clean the air, water, & soil.
We will distribute trees directly to low-income areas & hold educational workshops on how to care for the orchards & most benefit from their harvest. Trees will be placed in schools, health clinics & orphanages to promote the health & healing of Uganda. This is a country facing the staggering problems of a rapidly changing world: erratic & less frequent monsoons, longer droughts, food instability, soil erosion, carbon emissions, water contamination, agricultural struggle & a growing population with little access to fresh food.
Volunteers with a deep sense of respect for the environment & local cultures will help FTPF to plant & distribute fruit trees, educate children & farmers on organic horticultural practices, & interact with the local communities in a profound and truly unique way.
- Create orchards that will feed Uganda families and restore the environment for future generations
- Work side by side with locals in their community and homes
- Learn how to plant fruit trees and horticultural best practices
- Take a river cruise down the Nile to see Murchinson Falls
- See lions, elephants, chimpanzees, jackals, hippos, and more on a safari through the African bush