The Real Uganda partners with humble, rural primary schools in Uganda. These schools are poorly-resourced, with students largely subjected to rote learning.
We're changing that.
The international volunteers working in our schools create interactive learning experiences and provide children with a loving and creative environment in which to flourish.
Volunteers choose the age and topics to teach. Lesson plans are created based on student interest and volunteer research. Arts and crafts, sport, team building, academics, and public health are most popular with the kids.
The aim is to encourage teamwork, fun, creativity, literacy, and general knowledge. You'll give our amazing local teachers a break during their long workday too!
This is a challenging and rewarding program for volunteers experienced in organizing children, such as camp counselors, daycare workers, and people who generally love kids.
Bring your games, songs, and enthusiasm to the village!
- You'll be intimately involved in early childhood development in Ugandan classrooms
- You'll bring encouragement, creativity and love to students aged 3 to 15
- You'll learn first-hand about the challenges of Uganda’s rural education system
- You'll spend your time with amazing kids, totally immersed in Ugandan culture
- You'll spend weekends with other volunteers exploring Uganda: zip-lining in a rain forest, white water rafting the Nile, wildlife safari, and primate tracking
Our teachers are burdened with large classroom sizes and long workdays. They're also limited by their own (often inadequate) education. International volunteers bring new ideas and emotional support to Ugandan teachers. They bring encouragement, creativity, and love to the kids. Everyone wins!