Professional volunteering for sustainable change with FSD Jinja-Uganda

Community projects
Community projects
Interns
Interns

FSD Jinja-Uganda volunteering programs are the best opportunity for professionals worldwide to gain hands-on experience in sustainable development in one of the most immersive training grounds in all of Africa.

FSD Jinja-Uganda currently offers two programs: community based development projects & community based research projects. Both, however, highlight the importance of community ownership and follow the principles of Asset-Based Community Development, which is our programs' overall specialty.

Volunteers will receive extensive training and the opportunity to apply their professional skills with local colleagues on the implementation of their research and proposals on Ugandan communities. Aside from this, volunteers will also experience the rich and diverse culture that only Uganda can offer and live an unforgettable experience abroad, while volunteering in the betterment of local people.

• A complete cultural immersion through our host family accomodation.
  • A personal supervisor and a team that will help you with each step of your internship.
  • Extensive training and 24/7 support.

Charlie

FSD Solar Company Internship

I spent two months in Jinja, Uganda as part of FSD's program. During my time there I lived with a host family and worked at a small solar company focused on bringing electricity to off-grid communities. At my host organization I got to experience the sales and business processes a local organization used, as well as lead a small project between a local school and my host organization. I really enjoyed the experience and felt like it gave me a very authentic experience of the country. The site team was always available by phone and I was within a ~30 minute trip of their headquarters, so there was always support available. In addition, at the beginning of the program there's a training that walks you through how to get around and other unique practices that most Americans aren't used to. I'd highly recommend the program and Uganda itself is a great place to travel to as well!

I was really happy with how it went, but one improvement may be adding additional structure to the internship at the host organization itself.

Location:
86 F / 52 F
Airports:
Entebbe International
( EBB )

Uganda's travel activities are centered around their natural beauty in the forms of wildlife and landscape. The most popular things to do here are safaris for the elusive Mountain Gorillas, visits to the source of the Nile, site-seeing at the Murchison Falls, and outdoor activities at Lake Bunyonyi.

About FSD JINJA-UGANDA

FSD JINJA-UGANDA is committed to advancing professional global learning in the context of promoting community-based development. We strive to achieve community – driven goals through asset based development and global education service exchange in...