Extraordinary Volunteer Safaris in Uganda

Uganda is one of the most beautiful bastions of the African wilderness and has everything for a global tourist or even a backpacker. From trekking opportunities in the volcanic Great Rift Valley to exploring the Gorillas hideouts deep in the mountains; from sunbathing at the isolated and magnificent beaches on the Ssese Islands that seem to be floating in Lake Victoria to being captivated by the mystic Jinja, the source point for the great river Nile, Uganda has just about anything.

Why Volunteer In Uganda?

Uganda has a wealth of natural resources but at the same time, it is also a poverty stricken country that has been through civil wars, a cannibalistic dictator and also comes under the HIV/AIDS radar. Volunteering in Uganda will not only open your mind to different cultures and a society that has existed since the early civilizations but also to the depravation that people in Africa have learnt to carry in their stride for too long.

• Two days free safari or sightseeing tour
  • Promote sustainable community livelihoods
  • Improve the living standards of local people
  • Immerse yourself in this rural community
  • Make friends for life and Full culture immersion

Jess

Indeed Extraordinary volunteer safaris

Volunteering with Beacon of Hope Uganda was an incredible experience. I met amazing people and learned so much about Ugandan culture by living with Isaac the CEO of the organization and his family. It was an excellent way to visit the country and become immersed in the culture while still being a tourist. My co-workers were fantastic and very helpful and friendly. Beacon of Hope arranged a 3 days safari to Murchison Falls for us and that was awesome, memorable and super affordable. I will recommend this project.

I am definitely repeating a volunteering experience with BoHU in the near future and Uganda will surely be a place to live a few years. The only cons this experience has is actually leaving Uganda and coming back to the regular mainstream life.

Karen

I had a memorable experience

I absolutely loved my experience while I was in Uganda. I lived in Mukono, East of Kampala. I volunteered my time with women micro-finance groups. This was a once in a lifetime experience I do believe.

I was very nervous travelling by myself to a foreign country in Africa. But my host Isaac who happens to be the founder of the organization made my stay wonderful. He (Isaac) and the team were very helpful, he also arranged a safari for me to Murchison Falls, which ended up being very memorable and affordable.

Uganda is beautiful and has lots to offer to any traveler, the night life was amazing and the people are friendly!

Thank you Beacon of Hope and Isaac for making my stay memorable. I highly recommend this organization, if you are looking for a volunteer program in Africa.

Susan

Great time with Beacon of Hope Uganda

I and my daughter had a great time with Beacon of Hope Uganda. Isaac made us feel very welcome in his village and town homes, he also made sure we felt very safe while on the safari, which he arranged for us and it was super affordable, we saved a fortune using his service.

Isaac is very knowledgeable and was able to share with us a great deal of history on Uganda, diverse cultures and he was highly respected in the communities we visited.
We are so glad we chose his organization for our volunteering experience in Uganda. It was an amazing experience that has led to a lot of personal growth.

All of the people we met were so kind and helpful, and we are incredibly grateful for the support and kindness they gave to us. We would definitely recommend this organization to those who are willing to give back and experience a new culture from a different point of view than that of a tourist.

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
The Jack Fruit, Grasshoppers, Green Bananas, Lots of unique foods