• United States of America

Program Details

Short Term Spring Break Winter
Guesthouse Lodge Tent
Groups
Small Group (1-15) Medium Group (16-30)
Travel Type
Budget Solo Women

Pricing

What's included:
All accommodations within Hawaii, which have access to basic amenities and security
All group transportation within Hawaii
All meals throughout your stay
All of your adventure and cultural immersion activities
Funding toward volunteer projects
Airfare Travel Insurance Visa
Feb 28, 2022
Aug 11, 2022
20 travelers are looking at this program

Volunteer in Hawai’i with GIVE and explore the rugged coastlines, active volcanoes, stunning waterfalls, vibrant reefs, and lush rainforests of the Big Island, while giving back to the ‘Aina (land) and Moana (sea) on forest restoration, marine conservation, and regenerative farming projects. You will get to volunteer with local nonprofits focused on indigenous culture & land stewardship practices, restoring native forests, building healthy & resilient local food systems, and removing marine debris from some of the most populated beaches on the planet. You will also be able to snorkel with green sea turtles, hike across volcanic craters, stargaze from the southernmost point of Hawai'i, and talk stories with indigenous leaders about their sacred lands, culture, and history.

NEW Scuba Ocean Steward Add-on: After working with local leaders to rehabilitate the 'aina (land) on our Hawai'i Volunteer Excursion, you can embark on this 7-day add-on to receive your PADI Open Water

Program Highlights

• Volunteer on environmental restoration projects
  • Trek through lava fields on active volcanoes
  • Chase waterfalls in tropical forests
  • Snorkel amongst vibrant marine life
  • Experience some of the best stargazing on the planet

• 5 rating 100%
  • 4 rating 0%
  • 3 rating 0%
  • 2 rating 0%
  • 1 rating 0%
Kyle

The most life changing experience!

This experience was absolutely amazing and allowed me to break out of my comfort zone. From working with the locals, getting involved in the community, and going on numerous adventures, this trip is truly eye opening in so many ways. It is the best way to experience Hawaii because you get to be apart of something bigger than just a vacation. You will meet new people, create connections that last forever, and make an enormous impact on the land. Everyone needs to have this experience and I promise you won’t regret a single moment! ❤️

Pros
  • Fully immersive in the Hawaiian culture.
  • Great way to give back to the land your visiting.
  • The adventures were so beautiful and magical. You get to see parts of Hawaii that not even all locals get to see.
Cons
  • There are no cons! This trip truly is the most impactful and amazing experience you could ever embark on!
Hailey

Hawai'i Volunteer

This was an amazing and fulfilling trip. From learning more about Hawai'i culture, connecting to the land and the people around you, and being able to do some traditions of the Hawaiians, it was an amazing trip that was full of fun. It had an amazing balance of working and having fun while on this trip. This trip was a life changing experience to have and if you are wanting to travel this is was a great way to start off if you are going to travel alone for the first time. Everyone was so helpful and understanding and you get to be with a group experiencing new memories with. With such an amazing experience I hope you will find a new adventure and new memories I will always cherish in Hawai'i like I did.

Pros
  • Meeting new people
  • Learning about the culture
  • Getting to do hands on work to help the communities
Linda

GIVE Hawaii

This was an amazing experience! I didn’t know what to expect, but It met all my expectations! I was able to see, hear, feel and taste the Hawaiian culture! Working on farms to fishponds, Seeing breathtaking places, Learning how to build an Imu (underground oven) and cooking a Kalua Pig was amazing! Learning to be responsible travelers when visiting there and anywhere. I truly admire the love, passion and respect they have for their land, as much as we should have the same in our own space. Mahalo for allowing me to be apart of your space!

Pros
  • Working on different farmlands and fishponds
  • Experiencing the Hawaiian Culture
  • Meeting new people within GIVE and the Hawaiian locals
Katelyn

GIVE

This experience changed my life. I always wanted to help the planet, be more culturally aware, and meet inspiring people, but never knew where to begin. GIVE have me all of that and more. I was able to learn about Hawaiian culture and hear the struggles that native Hawaiians face now and through history. I helped the community through projects on organic farms and historical sites. I met amazing strangers from all over the world who I now call friends. The guides are some of the most incredible people I’ve ever met. I am so grateful for this experience.

Raegan

Give Hawaii Trip

Honestly the best experience of my life. We learned so much about the hawaiian culture as well as how much our decisions impact the earth and future generations. The guides were AMAZING and the trip was very organized and thought through. 10/10 recommend going to hawaii with GIVE!
There were any different volunteer projects that give you the chance to get involved in the community and understand the importance of sustainability, keeping the earth clean, and Hawaiian culture. DO THE TRIP!! YOU WON’T REGRET IT

Pros
  • Meeting new people
  • Learning new culture
  • Helping change the world
Karina

The Best Experience!

This trip has given me a different perspective on how I should travel in the future and the impact I can make in my own community. I was able to meet people from across the country, learn about Hawaiian history and it’s beautiful culture, as well as being more sustainable in my everyday life! I will definitely be doing more give trips and will be encouraging people around my community to do the same. I have been inspired to educate my friends, family, and community about irresponsible tourism and how to live as one with nature.:) I also wanted to add that our guides were top tier. They were very knowledgeable and made sure we had a great time learning the history and culture of Hawai’i.

Pros
  • Beautiful views
  • Being one with nature
  • Traveling responsibly
Jason

Volunteering in Hawi'i with GIVE

I'm just making this now, but I went to Hawai'i back in August 2021. It was definitely a different experience being that it was a very small group compared to when I went to Thailand with GIVE in 2019. In a way, it was easy to get to know one another fast and create a bond. The first part of the week we stayed at Waipiʻo Lodge. Waking up every morning to the sunrise was unreal. Overlooking the vast ocean. We volunteered at Hamakua Harvest one day, clearing invasive grass species and preparing the land for more permaculture projects. Other times we had fun playing volleyball or stopped at fruit stands on the side of the road. No matter what is planned, you will appreciate the activities you're doing and learn so much. You definitely get to experience Hawaiian life in a more respectful way.

The first time you truly start living is when you step outside of your comfort zone. Leave with an open-mind set, but be willing to learn as you go.
Jacob

GIVE - Hawaii Forest Conservation & Responsible Tourism Excursion

To begin, I want to thank Traven and Mana for welcoming me to Hawaii, and inspiring me more than one realizes. I want to thank Dylan for his energy, smile, and excitement for each new day. This trip was beyond incredible, and a wonderful start to 2022. If you want a change, a new perspective, or refresh this trip is definitely for you. This was my first time traveling by myself, and I think the Hawaii experience is a perfect start for those wanting to get into international traveling. Also, I have to thank Brandon and Thomas for connecting me with Give, and giving me the opportunity to take on this incredible adventure. My thoughts on traveling really did change, and how I want to travel in the future. I want to continue emphasizing the give and take relationship. Just go, be open-minded, learn, and have fun. Thank you everyone once again, and I am ready for the next adventure :)