• United States of America

Program Details

Short Term Spring Break Winter
Guesthouse Lodge Tent
Groups
Small Group (1-15) Medium Group (16-30)
Travel Type
Budget Solo Women

Pricing

What's included:
All accommodations within Hawaii, which have access to basic amenities and security
All group transportation within Hawaii
All meals throughout your stay
All of your adventure and cultural immersion activities
Funding toward volunteer projects
Airfare Travel Insurance Visa
Feb 28, 2022
Feb 06, 2022
12 travelers are looking at this program

Volunteer in Hawai’i with GIVE and explore the rugged coastlines, active volcanoes, stunning waterfalls, vibrant reefs, and lush rainforests of the Big Island, while giving back to the ‘Aina (land) and Moana (sea) on forest restoration, marine conservation, and regenerative farming projects. You will get to volunteer with local nonprofits focused on indigenous culture & land stewardship practices, restoring native forests, building healthy & resilient local food systems, and removing marine debris from some of the most populated beaches on the planet. You will also be able to snorkel with green sea turtles, hike across volcanic craters, stargaze from the southernmost point of Hawai'i, and talk stories with indigenous leaders about their sacred lands, culture, and history.

NEW Scuba Ocean Steward Add-on: After working with local leaders to rehabilitate the 'aina (land) on our Hawai'i Volunteer Excursion, you can embark on this 7-day add-on to receive your PADI Open Water

Program Highlights

• Volunteer on environmental restoration projects
  • Trek through lava fields on active volcanoes
  • Chase waterfalls in tropical forests
  • Snorkel amongst vibrant marine life
  • Experience some of the best stargazing on the planet

Jason

Volunteering in Hawi'i with GIVE

I'm just making this now, but I went to Hawai'i back in August 2021. It was definitely a different experience being that it was a very small group compared to when I went to Thailand with GIVE in 2019. In a way, it was easy to get to know one another fast and create a bond. The first part of the week we stayed at Waipiʻo Lodge. Waking up every morning to the sunrise was unreal. Overlooking the vast ocean. We volunteered at Hamakua Harvest one day, clearing invasive grass species and preparing the land for more permaculture projects. Other times we had fun playing volleyball or stopped at fruit stands on the side of the road. No matter what is planned, you will appreciate the activities you're doing and learn so much. You definitely get to experience Hawaiian life in a more respectful way.

The first time you truly start living is when you step outside of your comfort zone. Leave with an open-mind set, but be willing to learn as you go.
Jacob

GIVE - Hawaii Forest Conservation & Responsible Tourism Excursion

To begin, I want to thank Traven and Mana for welcoming me to Hawaii, and inspiring me more than one realizes. I want to thank Dylan for his energy, smile, and excitement for each new day. This trip was beyond incredible, and a wonderful start to 2022. If you want a change, a new perspective, or refresh this trip is definitely for you. This was my first time traveling by myself, and I think the Hawaii experience is a perfect start for those wanting to get into international traveling. Also, I have to thank Brandon and Thomas for connecting me with Give, and giving me the opportunity to take on this incredible adventure. My thoughts on traveling really did change, and how I want to travel in the future. I want to continue emphasizing the give and take relationship. Just go, be open-minded, learn, and have fun. Thank you everyone once again, and I am ready for the next adventure :)

Nathaniel

Hawaii Experience

Volunteering in Hawaii was transformative and educational in all aspects. I knew little about Hawaii's culture and its way of life before taking on this experience. Aside from the stereotypes and levels of tourism it has, there was an abundance of learning I was able to gain during my time in Hawaii. It was amazing to learn about the diversity of the agriculture Hawaii has alongside the people who are beyond passionate about the conservation and sustainability of the island. This was an incredible experience shared with amazing individuals who I went from calling strangers to family.

What was the most surprising thing you saw or did?
On the last day in Hawaii, we went to see manta rays at night and it was one of the most fascinating and mesmerizing things I have ever witnessed. During our session with them, our guide provided deep information and insightful jokes about the manta rays. From how they reproduce, feed, and their importance to the ocean. It was an experience I will never forget.
Vittoria

Experience Hawai'i with a positive impact

GIVE sets up the most incredible experiences. The thing I loved most about this trip was that we were there to learn and help local non-profits and educational organisations without interfering. Being able to help the restoration of native plants and be surrounded by such a sacred culture is as rewarding as it gets. Recommended for people who are not afraid of doing the work and getting their hands dirty. Be ready to step outside your comfort zone and meet amazing people along the way. I promise you will not regret it.

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
Noni. It's a little fruit that will surprise you.
Emily

GIVE TRIP TO HAWAII

This trip truly changed my life for the better. Not only did I learn so much about traveling and living sustainably, but I felt more connected to the Earth than ever, and I made friendships that I will cherish forever. The volunteering projects taught me so much, and after we volunteered we went on amazing excursions including going to the beach, hiking, snorkeling, etc.. Everyone at GIVE has the biggest hearts and they want you to be the best version of yourself that you can. If you are thinking about going on a trip with GIVE, DO IT NOW. You won’t regret a single second of it! :)

My advice to future travelers would be to go into this trio with an open mind and an open heart. If you do that, this trio will make you an overall better person, and you will love every second of it like I did :)
Kerry

Give Hawaii

Give Volunteer: Hawaii Excursion was incredible! You will learn so much about a beautiful culture and so much about yourself. There is something to be said about spending 8 days with like minded people who are open and loving. We worked hard, played hard, laughed hard and loved hard. This trip was about growth, understanding, learning about giving back to the land that gives so much already, being a global citizen and fostering a love of the sacred in our own space. The accommodations are great, the food is out of this world and the guides are top notch. GIVE Hawaii gave me so much- knowledge of an amazing culture, tools to be a responsible tourist, laughs to last a lifetime, a new favorite playlist, friends to call family and memories to carry with me always. Don't pass up a chance to go on a GIVE trip!

Savannah

GIVE HAWAI’I

Most amazing experience of my life. I learned so much, grew mentally, physically and emotionally. I met amazing people while have so much fun traveling! Everyone needs to go on a give trip in their life. It’s the most wholesome way to travel! You make actually change in the places you visit instead of doing the basic “tourist” stuff. There’s no better way to travel! I felt safe and supported the whole time I was there and the accommodations were amazing. I went by myself too! It was amazing !!!!

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
Noni!! A fruit found in Hawaii, we found it while hiking!
William

2021 GIVE Hawaii June 26 - July 3

Wow! Where do I even start … Give Volunteers is something everybody needs to do in their life. If you do not want to go abroad, then come on the Hawaii trip. Jess and Traven are extraordinary leaders that WILL change your life and your outlook on tourism. For example, I had a Europe trip planned for next summer that I planned for pretty much the past 10 years, and I dropped that because that was a luxury, not a necessity. The places that you will work will help you connect to the land as you’ve never done before. You will fall in love with the land that so many call home. As for the group (group 13) of people that I was so lucky to meet, I just wanted to say thank you so much. These people went from complete strangers to people I call family now. The meals are fantastic too! When coming on this trip, please have an open mind and challenge yourself!

What was your funniest moment?
Traven's animal impressions. He always knew when to make the group crack up!