10 Volunteer Programs in Ho Chi Minh City & Phan Thiet in Vietnam with GapXperience

Join our volunteer programs in Ho Chi Minh City and Phan Thiet on the east coast in Vietnam with over 10 different volunteering projects available.

GapXperience has been a leading Gap Year & Volunteer Abroad Specialist for over 14 years with over 200 Programs in over 30 Countries.

Projects in Ho Chi Minh City :

- Kindergarten in Phan Thiet
- Teaching English in Phan Thiet
- Construction Project in Phan Thiet
- Food Shop Project in Phan Thiet

Doing a volunteer program in Vietnam is a great way to gain new experiences and skill sets while learning much more about the local culture and the local Vietnamese people.

Check out our website for more details!

Gladys

one of the best experience in my life !

What's a pleasure for me to help at the Buddhist Orphanage ! Disabled children are so kind, they are so happy to see volunteers. Before coming, I was afraid not to be comfortable with these kids but it was just the opposite ! I loved to be with them.
I tried to give them a lot and they gave me so much !!
Don't hesitate to do it, you will never regret it :-)

Maybe to have an accommodation closer to the orphanage.

And have more information about how GapXperience spends the money they receive from volunteers.
LS

An Undertaking that will last in our hearts forever

My daughter, Demi, and her friend Amy and I travelled to Ho Chi Minh to spend two weeks volunteering with WLS. We had the most wonderful young girls who work with organizer Ms. Hang, as our guides to our volunteer sites. They are recent college grads, as were my girls. Ms. Trang and Ms. Ngoc were fun, knowledgeable and flexible. After two weeks we were sharing dinners together, and hoping to meet again, having become friends. The volunteering was mind expanding, and rewarding. We met dozens of Vietnamese men and women,who were volunteers as well, at our various stops. Very few spoke English, but language wasn't necessary, as we were all there for the same reason. We wanted to make a difference for those not so fortunate and in need of compassion and caring. We spoke through our eyes and with laughter. The Vietnamese are very welcoming and friendly.
Most rewarding was our time spent at the Ky Quang Orphanage. The experiences we had with these special children was unlike anything we had ever undertaken in our lives. We arrived at 9:30 in the morning, and played with the children, then fed them lunch, and put them down for naps. We would play with them again after nap time, and walk them outside. They loved being out in the courtyard, and having a one on one. We would feed them dinner, and put them to bed. Our day would end at about 5:30. After our first few days there, we became very comfortable interacting with many, looking beyond their disabilities, and finding pure joy in being together.
We also spent two days at a school for the Deaf, were we interacted with a group of about 15 teens. Again, no language, but we communicated in creative ways, through games and gestures.
This was an incredible time in our lives, and to have shared these experiences with my daughter and Amy was amazing. We will cherish our memories. Thank you WLS, and Trang and Ngoc!
Lynn Gagliardi

Not to go during rainy season!

About GapXperience

GapXperience is a gap year & volunteer company with over 14 years of experience and with over over 200 programs worldwide. We offer volunteer, gap year, cultural and adventure experiences to students, gap year travellers, career break explorers and...