Make a REAL difference in Vietnam - From just $449!

Make a REAL difference in Vietnam - From just $449!

Join Love Volunteers on a variety of programs in Vietnam. Participants have the opportunity to volunteer anywhere from 1 week to six months. Programs are available throughout Vietnam, and accommodation varies by program and location. Options include volunteer teaching, childcare, and community development. Visit the Love Volunteers website for more information.

Current Love Volunteers Programs in Vietnam:

Teaching English
Childcare and Development
Medical Internship

Volunteer throughout Vietnam anywhere from 1 week to 6 months
Accommodation specifics vary by program and location, visit the Love Volunteers website for details.
Volunteer hours are typically morning to mid-afternoon and weekends are open for recreation

Asia » Vietnam » Hanoi
1 Year+
Year Round
Love Volunteers registration fee, plus program fees starting at just US$449 for two weeks.
Program fees cover airport pickup, orientation, accommodation, and food (see website for specific program details).
The Love Volunteers registration fee covers any placements you undertake for twelve months from the start of your first placement.
This fee is refundable if you choose not to volunteer more than three months prior to the start of your initial placement.
throughout Vientam

Yee
Malaysia

Unforgettable Journey, Rewarding Experience.

It was a childhood dream of mine to volunteer overseas one day. I've been working as a nurse for five years. As I was bonded, I had no choice but to complete the bond first in order to achieve my dream. As I wanted to do something new and go out of my comfort zone, I chose to be involved in the Working With Children Program in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.

I was posted to the Ky Quang Pagoda Orphanage to help out with the care of disabled children. I learned from the local team that most of the children suffers as a result of the Vietnamese war that can still be seen until today, i.e Hydrocephalus children. 70% of the orphans are disabled either physically or mentally, therefore needs an extra care which they couldn't have been able to provide enough without the help of us volunteers.

When I first saw the children, I felt nervous, whether I could perform well to take care of them. As a nurse who worked with adults previously, it was my first time working with disabled children. Most of the time spent were to walk them or push their trolleys around, do some drawings and play games with them. When it's meal time, I helped to feed them as well. I took quite some time to learn how to tackle their eating habit, and once I got it the daily routines became more and more enjoyable. These activities might seem very simple to some people; however without us volunteers it could have been a huge difference to the children's development.

Volunteering isn't just mentally challenging, it is physically challenging as well. Carrying, assisting the staffs in lifting the children and walked or pushed them around made me sweat a lot each day, yet at the end of each night I would be smiling looking back at each day's value that I have earned. My life motto has always been "One Smile A Day, Keeps All Negativity Away". I believe I have managed to draw some wonderful smiles during my volunteering days not just on the children's face, but the local staffs as well as fellow volunteers. It was a truly amazing experience.

On weekends I was able to enjoy the local attractions and coffees in some of the districts. I am a coffee lover who visits the country which happens to be the second largest coffee exporter, hence it is a must to try out the cafes in town. I also celebrated my birthday in a lovely trip to Mui Ne with my sister who also joined the same volunteering program.

Coming here to volunteer also gave me a chance to get to know fellow volunteers who came from around the world such as France, US, Canada, and many more. I'm glad we shared common interest in humanity and trying to maintain it by bringing positive vibes representing our own countries. I believe that volunteering needs no verbal language to understand each other, we need but kindness and compassion to join our hearts together to lend a helping hand to make the children's life better.

Response from Love Volunteers

Hi Yee. Thankyou for the wonderful review and recommendation! Throughout your time volunteering with us you have had such a positive 'can-do' attitude, a kind heart and an open mind what ever challenges were presented to you. You have been a wonderful Love Volunteer and it has been our honor to participate in this experience with you. Thank you! :)

CD
London

Best 6 weeks of my life!

Teaching English in Ho Chi Minh City was amazing. We were involved in a variety of projects with students of all ages. We got to put together and run our own lessons, which was scary at first but was ultimately incredibly rewarding. We taught two/three lessons a day and the staff were really flexible e.g. if you wanted to go away for a long weekend. There was loads of support and all the other international volunteers I met were friendly and helpful and just lovely!

Response from Love Volunteers

Hi there,
What great comments! You are so right that volunteering can be daunting at first but with an attitude like yours it becomes a rewarding experience for everyone.
Thanks for being an awesome volunteer, we hope to have you with us again in the future.
The Team @ Love Volunteers.

We are just a handful of passionate people working hard to help volunteers and local communities around the world. We don't have huge overheads - no company cars, no downtown office - we're just volunteers who thought we could do a better job. We work