Travel & Volunteer in Vietnam

child care in Vietnam

Join the Vietnam Volunteer program, and make a significant contribution to the Vietnamese people. The locals in the Vietnam community return the energetic contribution of the volunteers, by opening their hearts, institutions and lives to international volunteers that leads to the maturing, development, and growth of the volunteers.

Millions of tourists visit Vietnam every year for leisure, cultural experiences and for enjoying its nature. The Idex programs in Vietnam continue to follow our ethos of “Travel that Matters” and provide an opportunity to the travellers to have a safe, enjoyable experience that leaves them more developed than they were before the start of a trip. The way this program is designed, and delivered, leaves the travellers as well as the local communities enriched with each other’s presence.

Anouck

Mai Tam Orphanage

I volunteered in Vietnam in the Mai Tam Orphanage for children with HIV, and absolutely loved it! The people that work here are very nice and helpful, and all they want is to make you feel at home. I spend my time here taking care of children from only two days old up until six years old.The children are really sweet as well. We played with them, thought English classes, organised learning activities, you help feed and wash the children and helped with the laundry as well. I wish I could have stayed longer at the Mai Tam Orphanage! I will miss these kids so much and will definitely come back to see them again!

The age difference between the children can be difficult for teaching, because they're not all on the same level. Maybe it would be easier if the class would be split up into two groups. I also would have liked playing more outside with the children.
Tani

Vietnam volunteering Mai Tam center

I'm in my third wonderful week of the project. It really is a good experience. Idex gives you the opportunity to really be a part of the center here. The Mai Tam center is lovely. The children are so sweet and open to us. Everyday we have the chance to organise an activity for them and we really see them enjoy it. In the weekends you get the chance to explore the wonderful Vietnam. Idex also organised activities to learn more about the Vietnamese culture We had dinner at a host family, got a Vietnamese lesson, a cooking class, dinner with local sisters, ... Our accommodation is lovely, we really feel like home. The staff is very friendly and they'll do everything to make our stay as good as possible. We don't want to leave here yet!