Travel & Volunteer in Vietnam

Travel & Volunteer in Vietnam

You visited a beautiful country, visited important monuments and the markets, spent few days in a luxury hotel and still something went missing. You could not get the opportunity to meet the local people, could not immerse yourself in the local culture, nor could do better for yourself or for the community.

All these things are taken care of when you choose to do volunteering travel which means you visited a country, immersed yourself in the culture, be it food or traditions, attended various local workshops, interacted with local people and worked in a worthwhile project for the community, leaving you and the local people enriched.

We have number of projects to work on such as child care, orphanage assistance, women empowerment, animal care, HIV aid support, teaching, elephant village community project etc. We provide volunteering opportunities in number of projects in Thailand, Sri Lanka, Vietnam, India & Nepal.

Ho Chi Minh City
1. Assisted pick up from Ho Chin Minh Airport on arrival. Airport drop on departure.
2. Accommodation at an IDEX accommodation facility with up-to4 participants per room of same gender.
3. Meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) as per the meal plan.
4. Presence of a dedicated program coordinator throughout the program for project and general support.
5. Local transportation from accommodation to project.
6. Extensive pre-departure information, port-arrival printed material, regular training and support by IDEX for preparing the participants for their experience.
7. All material and resources required for the volunteer project.
8. For Volunteer and Travel program – all arrangements as per the mentioned itinerary.

Mai Tam Orphanage

I volunteered in Vietnam in the Mai Tam Orphanage for children with HIV, and absolutely loved it! The people that work here are very nice and helpful, and all they want is to make you feel at home. I spend my time here taking care of children from only two days old up until six years old.The children are really sweet as well. We played with them, thought English classes, organised learning activities, you help feed and wash the children and helped with the laundry as well. I wish I could have stayed longer at the Mai Tam Orphanage! I will miss these kids so much and will definitely come back to see them again!

The age difference between the children can be difficult for teaching, because they're not all on the same level. Maybe it would be easier if the class would be split up into two groups. I also would have liked playing more outside with the children.

Vietnam volunteering Mai Tam center

I'm in my third wonderful week of the project. It really is a good experience. Idex gives you the opportunity to really be a part of the center here. The Mai Tam center is lovely. The children are so sweet and open to us. Everyday we have the chance to organise an activity for them and we really see them enjoy it. In the weekends you get the chance to explore the wonderful Vietnam. Idex also organised activities to learn more about the Vietnamese culture We had dinner at a host family, got a Vietnamese lesson, a cooking class, dinner with local sisters, ... Our accommodation is lovely, we really feel like home. The staff is very friendly and they'll do everything to make our stay as good as possible. We don't want to leave here yet!

About Idex

Unmatched cultural immersion, experiences, memories and friendships through volunteering, travel by Idex (Since 2000).

We provide tourism and volunteering benefits to international travelers, while supporting various organizations for social...