View Other Details
An absolute must for horse-lovers everywhere. Combine endangered species conservation with horse safaris, cattle ranching and game reserve management. Your work will focus on rhinos, elephants and cheetah.
Live in the heart of Imire, a 10,000 acre private conservancy, dedicated to the breeding and release of black rhino. Ride five days a week on your very own bush horse, and patrol far-flung areas of the game park inaccessible by vehicle. Horse riding volunteers undertake game counts, monitor baby animals and their mothers, and carry out snare patrols and fence monitoring, to support the dedicated anti-poaching team.
Horse riding volunteers work closely with black and white rhinos and elephants - ride alongside these magnificent animals, observe and record their behaviour and learn more about their conservation efforts in Zimbabwe. Volunteers also support the Game Park Manager with the removal of invasive species, building fireguards, maintaining roads and fixing fences.
- Combine exhilarating horse riding safaris with wildlife conservation work
- Support Imire's Anti-Poaching Unit as you undertake horseback patrols around the reserve
- Immerse yourself in the wildlife and African bush, as you live in the heart of the conservancy
- Live in a family-run game reserve, dedicated to rhino conservation and wildlife protection
- Form close bonds with amazing animals, dedicated staff and volunteers from around the world