View Other Details
Conservation Travel Africa offers incredible wildlife volunteer programmes in Zimbabwe. With some of the finest game viewing in Africa, you can join projects focused on the protection and conservation of endangered animals such as rhinos and elephants, monitor Big 5 game in vast wilderness areas or work in reputable animal sanctuaries. We have wildlife conservation projects perfect for gap year volunteering, career breaks, mature volunteers and families.
Zimbabwe’s tourist industry, once one of the busiest in Africa, is well on the road to recovery and Zimbabwe is a popular destination for volunteers. The lack of tourism in recent years means it is home to unspoilt wilderness areas and abundant game viewing. A lack of government funding means there is plenty of important work to be done by wildlife conservation volunteers.
Our volunteer programmes in Zimbabwe include rhino and elephant conservation, Big 5 conservation in National Parks, anti-poaching programmes and horse riding.
- Work to protect endangered species including black rhino and elephant
- Live in the heart of Zimbabwe's most stunning wilderness areas, supporting Anti-Poaching Units in their daily challenge to protect the animals they serve
- Join conservationists in National Parks, supporting rangers on the front line of conservation
- Learn practical animal care skills and enrich the lives of rescued wildlife
- Gain veterinary experience in reputable wildlife sanctuaries