Work and Travel Australia - Essential Sydney

Australia
4 - 26 weeks
0 travelers are looking at this program

About This Program

Do you want to start your gap year or working holiday with a fun-filled week of activities, meeting new friends and making lasting memories?

This package enables you to start your Working Holiday adventure in one of the most stunning harbor cities in the world. This program will get you set up with everything you need when you arrive offering the most comprehensive arrival services and support on the market. When you arrive, we will set you up in a hostel, help you with your phone, and file your tax information. We take all of the hassle out of working in Australia. This "Essential" program adds on a week of activities for you to meet people and explore Sydney

Once you are settled and ready to start working, you’ll also get access to our custom built online job board to help you search for work Australia-wide. Alongside that, we will get your availability and when a job opens up we will call you!

Thursday - Day 1: Arrival. Welcome to Australia! ! Check in, chill out and get ready at 2:30pm at the hostel reception for the first short orientation and bank set up.

Friday - Day 2: Orientation & Pub Crawl
9.00am Meet at the hostel Reception and we will walk down to the WTC office to have your orientation.
8.15pm - Meet at the office for WTC famous Pub Crawl!

Saturday - Day 3: Is your day- we have provided you with a ticket for the Sydney ‘Hop on off Harbour cruise. The cruise stops at Luna Park, Manly Beach, Darling Harbour and Taronga Zoo to name just a few places. So explore to your heart’s content and take it at your own pace. Ticket valid for 48 hours so you can explore the next day also.

Sunday - Day 4: City Walk Tour
10.00am: Meet at the hostel Reception. Remember to Bring: Camera, Walking shoes, Water and Heaps of Energy!

Monday - Day 5: Featherdale Wildlife Park & Blue Mountains.
7.20am: Meet your Guide at the meet up location for your day trip to Featherdale Wildlife Park & Blue Mountains. Remember to bring: Camera, Sun cream, Walking shoes, Day pack, Water, Warm Jumper and Lots of Energy!

Tuesday - Day 6: Job Seminar, Coastal Walk & BBQ
9.30am: Meet at WTC office for your Job searching seminar
11.45am: Meet at the office and we will leave for the Bondi to Coogee coastal walk.

Wednesday - Day 7: Lunch at Sydney's Oldest Pub, Bridge Pylon Lookout & Farewell Drinks
12.30pm: Meet at the WTC Office and we will go for lunch at Sydney's Oldest Pub then get a glimpse of the famous Sydney Harbour with a trip to the top of the Bridge Pylon Lookout
8.00pm - WTC Farewell Evening with Free Drinks and Snacks at a bar

7 days hostel accommodation included in this package. You have a choice to extend your hostel stay, we can help you find longer term accommodation when you have arrived in Sydney or you can find something independently also. It's really up to you!

Lunch is provided 3 days of your Essential Sydney package. All other meals are not provided.

Video

77 F / 55 F
Airports:
Sydney Airport
( SYD )

Sydney is considered the oldest and largest cosmopolitan city in Australia. This city has become iconic and has many monuments that any traveler would recognize like the Syndey Opera House. This city is wildly regarded as one of the most livable cities.

Hosted by Work and Travel Company

Are you ready to embark on an unforgettable adventure?

For nearly 20 years, Work and Travel Company has been helping travellers have unforgettable working holidays or gap years in Australia, NZ, and the UK.

A Working Holiday is about balance; you want to work and make money, but you also want to have fun and travel! We know exactly how important...

• Staff 10
  • Organization 10
Cassi

WTC... the best!!!!

I loved WTC as a program through which to work and travel in Australia. I was only 18 and it was my first time living on my own when I first moved to Sydney with WTC, and they made what should have been an extremely difficult transition much easier. Everything was super well-organised & they helped me with so many logistical aspects (a phone, a bank, etc); they had a great first week of super fun activities planned for travellers to enjoy, get to know Sydney, and make new friends; and every staff member is really helpful & friendly!! I'm getting ready to travel the rest of Australia but I wouldn't be able to do it without the help of WTC in regards to booking activities, accomodation, etc, and I certainly wouldn't be able to do it without the money I earned from the job WTC helped me get as well!!! Overall, it is an absolutely fantastic company that has really enriched my time in Sydney and I would recommend it to anyone.

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
If I could do this all over again, the main change I would make is to be more open to new people and making friends. Even if it's overwhelming at first it's really beneficial in the end!!!
Aini

From Australia with love

I arrived in Sydney in Australia on the 1st of December 2016 ready to start my adventure. With me I had a big backpack. After travelling for almost 2 days I felt relived to have arrived even though I knew I still had to find the hostel. At the hostel I shared a room with 5 other girls. Little did I know that one of them would become one of my best friends here in oz.

After 1 week in the hostel I attended the information meeting at The Work and Travel office. Here I met a girl from the Netherlands and we decided to attend the 1 week Surf Camp tougether. She is also now one of my friends.

The Work and Travel agency has been there for me since day one and I am very grateful for that. Knowing that I could come and talk to them no matter what I needed to talk about. They would e-mail or call me to check up on how I am doing.

They get a lot of jobs through the agency and I was lucky enough to work with the Captain Cook Cruises for the Vivid festival. It was a great experience that will stay with me forever.

After 6 months in Australia my journey have now changed from being a backpacker to wanting to stay here and build my life here.

Rhodri

Work & Work & Travel

I became a returning customer for work and travel when I came back to Australia for my second year visa.
The WTC fun week is the best way to be thrown straight into the must do activities in Sydney with a big group of new friends. It gets you ticking things from your to-do list from day one. Nearly six months later I'm still in touch with most of my fun week group and I'm even living with some of them (we get noise complaints every night).
Probably the first (but not last) great night out I had in Sydney this year was the WTC pub crawl. I really didn't expect to be part of at least 30-40 people cramming into each place. It really set the pace for my working holiday so far.
Since the first week I've been getting consistent work through the jobs desk. Without them it would be seriously hard to get by in Sydney.