Oz Intro - Work & Travel in Australia

Amazing Experiences + Go as part of a group + Work & Travel around Oz + Request your FREE brochure today!

Oz Intro is the perfect way to start your Gap Year in Oz!

Winner of the 'Best Tour in Oceania' award 4 years running, Oz Intro includes everything you need to work and travel in Oz.

We'll take care of all the important things, like applying for your visa and opening an Aussie Bank Account for you, so you can relax and enjoy your experience. We'll pick you up from the airport when you land in Sydney and will sort out your 8 nights accommodation. And we'll even help you find a job!

Plus you'll have some unforgettable experiences as you go jet boating on Sydney Harbour, experience the world famous Bondi Beach, road trip north and learn to surf, go sand boarding, dolphin spotting, hang out with wild kangaroos and have a spectacular farewell dinner up Sydney Tower and much more. All with a Group Leader from the moment you step off the plane and an instant group of friends.

• Learn To Surf

• Organization 9.3
Australia
Sierra

Oz Intro

First off, I think it's important to say that yes, it's totally possible to move to Australia alone, without the help of a tour company. It is much cheaper and you're still able to make many friends. That being said, I don't regret participating in Oz Intro whatsoever, as the security, all of the bases and planning being covered, plus the life-long friends I've made (not to mention the ridiculous amount of fun I had!) have made it worth the price.

Oz Intro does a really good job of preparing participants for their time in Australia, whether this is to work, to travel, or a mix of both. On top of this, our leaders have still kept in contact with us (even with it being 9 months later and both of them having moved on from their time with Intro Travel, this says something about the kind of people working there and it not just being about numbers). This week was incredibly fun, with a lot of great group activities and some wild nights out. Adele and Greg were wonderful leaders!

It is important to note that you're going to need a fair bit of spending money to cover the meals not included in the program price, and to cover the (crazy!) cost of alcohol in Sydney. With this, it's good to know that this trip is a bit of a big party for young people. With a party bus to the bar and free drink tickets thrown in here and there, it's good to expect a week long bender (and is probably not a suitable trip if you're looking to relax and quietly explore the city).

I do hate noting this, but as another important tip: at the end of your week, the Intro Travel team is able to plan your travels for the rest of Australia and you can book all excursions and some hostels with them. It's a difficult situation, as you don't want to have plans made before you do this group (as you will meet plenty of new friends and may want to travel with them, as we did), but if you are uninformed about travel in Australia, could end up spending a lot of money and not knowing what you're getting into. Look into the best parts of the East Coast (like the Great Barrier Reef, the Whitsundays, Fraser Island..) and have an idea of the kind of trip you'd like, before just saying "yes" and booking it all through them. ALSO - highly recommend you avoid the Loka bus service and go with Premier or Greyhound, as they are MUCH cheaper with the same level of service.

All in all, I don't regret the group at all. I'm still very close with a lot of my group and look forward to our reunions. Pack some Advil and stay hydrated!

A more clear description of the partying involved, as I believe this may not have been communicated well to some participants, especially where it was a main component of almost every night of the program.

As well, I think it would be beneficial to have the travel talk on the first or second day, before we're facing an 8-day-long hangover and aren't able to absorb anything. Not only would it be better to have a good understanding of travel in Australia earlier on (to have time to think about your options), but I believe it would be useful to have a better explanation of the travel options available (e.g. being told one bus is quieter and one has a more tight-knit group isn't sufficient explaining - it would be more helpful to know that one bus is the largest bus service in Australia with charge ports and lots of legroom and is $300 less than the "tight-knit and fun" bus, which uses very small, poorly ventilated busses with no legroom).
Jess

Peng

I had the best time on oz intro!!! It was so helpful and nice to give you piece of mind when moving across the world. The team are all really friendly and easy to get along with. I would definitely recommend this trip to people thinking of doing a whv. It helps you to meet people and make friends and the trips are really enjoyable and well organised. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. Yeeeew!!!

Elizabeth

Oz intro travel- neeky

Had an amazing time on oz intro! Tom was full of energy, and so enthusiastic about everything. Surfing was sooo much fun, such a great experience! Even if the hike’s nearly killed me I would definitely suggest doing it. If you’re a veggie prepare to eat a lot of veggie burgers though... never want to see one ever again! Met the most amazing bunch of people and can’t wait to see the rest of aus!

Not sure aha
Christina

What a week!!

I had heard great things about OzIntro and it certainly didn't disappoint! Maisie is a fantastic, bubbly team leader who gets the whole group involved and makes you feel very welcome. My favourite part of the week has got to be the Silent Disco we all went to, all the OzIntro staff came along and make it a fantastic night of fun and crazy dancing! The rest of the week was filled with laughs, activities and also helpful tips for working/living in Oz. Maisie went above and beyond to ensure we all had a fantastic week! Thanks

Bradley

Best Week Ever!

Maisie aka Mayonnaise was the best group leader ever... Been on trips before and always felt quite distant with them but me and Mayonnaise clicked! She's full of banter but can also be there for you if you're feeling down! Not only that she helped me and my group so much even the little thing she knew the answer to striaght away! Would highly recommend Maisie and wish to keep in contact for a long time! You is da best mayonnaise

Shaun

Oz Intro

Everyday was different but brilliant & managed to tick many things off my bucket list in the first week I was Down Under. My favourite day was possibly the Friday, I knew we was going to the blue mountains but a surprise stop over at the wildlife park was ace, not to mention the local guide we had that day, very informative. Every other day we had something great going on including surfing one day to a bar crawl one night & bondi beach and a BBQ on another, never bored. Our group leader was brilliant too in getting us involved in everything. Although I was only in Australia for a 3 week holiday, the programme was really helpful in what I wanted to do for my gap year next year when I go travelling. Made some great friends in this & will recommend.

Honestly perfect, can't think of anything else to be improved.
Jamie

Best week ever

I've had the best week ever! All the activities during the week were amazing, my best days were surfing on tuesday and the party bus on saturday. Dave the tour guide is such a nice guy and has helped me out a lot during the week. I've met so many new friends and am now travelling up the east coast with them. Definitely do this tour its amazing!!!

Laura

BEES KNEES!!!

Oz intro is great for setting you up for the year! They help you with everything you need to know! Set you up with visas, bank accounts, tax numbers etc so everything is sorted when you get here.
The leaders are so good and have great banter! The group was so fun and you do great stuff everyday
The travel talks were especially so good and they talk you the way through every place and what to expect and things to do. Everything was sorted for our east coast trip and if there was any issues oz intro were always available to help and sort anything out!
The nights out are hilarious especially fancy dress and the final group dinner buffet over looking all of Sydney is great.
If you're nervous about coming out on your own or just want great advice and an amazing first week oz intro is the one!!

N/A
Gemma

Best way to start my oz experience

Best way to start your week in Oz, enjoyed every activity we did. They were so helpful and to know that you have the help here for the whole year is great. Fave day was probably the jet boat on the monday. Best views, loved it.

Roya

BEST WEEK EVER!!!

OZ Intro was a great way to start my trip in Australia. From meeting us at the airport to our farewell dinner up the tower, all the leaders were there to support us and help us along the way. They were great at helping plan my east coast trip and gave us so much information and we could always ring them at any point along the way!
We did so much in one week that it felt much longer, my favourite thing was the jet boat, blue mountains and the party bus. I had so much fun along the way, met some great friends and know I always have support from OZ Intro :)

Andrew

Simply the BEST possible way to start your overseas adventure.

OzIntro is basically the best way to start your trip in Australia, Everything organised for you, everything explained and the best way to meet new friends. I met friends for life and had the time of my life. The staff at OzIntro go out of their way to make sure you have the best week possible. They even help out with all your onward travel so you have no worries. Loved it!!

Who said no trip is perfect?
Ryan

Perfect way to start Australia!!

My first week in Australia was amazing thanks to Ozintro! Met great people, did great things and had amazing nights out! If you get to go to the Blue Mountains and have Smokey as your Tour Guide, that will make it worth it in itself..WHAT A LEGEND, Real life Crocodile Dundee.

As well as the first week, Ozintro also helps you throughout your time in Australia, be it searching for work or getting your Tax back...They'll help you out!

100% Recommend it for anyone thinking of coming to Australia on a Working Holiday Visa!

Sally

Great!

Great first week in Sydney - plenty of fun activities and plenty to see. Really enjoyed the jetboating and the day trip to the Blue Mountains.

Sorted out all the boring (but necessary) stuff like Medicare and a Tax File Number so I didn't have to worry or stress out about it.

Lots of help sorting out my trip up the East Coast and given lots of helpful information about finding work.

Would definitely recommend to anyone!

David

Amazing Week, Amazing Group & Amazing People

Such a great week. Everyone at Ozintro was so helpful with things during the week and after the group. They helped me sort out a job after I had finished my travels. My group leader was tremendously helpful and the week was non stop laughs. The beach day was incredible and so was the blue mountains! 10 out of 10!

Joe

Do It Guys!

This week was amazing!
It's my second time doing Ozintro and I love it.
The group leader was great and very helpfull, I got on really well with the whole group and would advise anybody who's thinking of coming to Australia to book with Ozintro.

No improvement is needed! It's awesome!

About Intro Travel

Intro Travel operate amazing and award winning group tours in Australia & South East Asia.

Perfect for solo or first-time travellers, our trips include advice and support before you go, an awesome Group Leader from the moment you arrive, an instant...