Alzar Gap's Patagonia Exchange gap program gives students the chance to adventure through the epic landscapes of Patagonia, Chile, while learning about the culture of the region from native speakers. In addition, our experienced instructors will guide and teach students how to thrive on multiday river and backpacking trips, while students learn about the social justice and conservation movement in Patagonia from local leaders. We keep our groups intentionally small so that we lessen our impact, allow for authentic leadership opportunities, and create life-long friendships. Throughout the program students focus on learning about tangible leadership skills and how they can use this knowledge to take action in their own communities. If you are looking for a meaningful adventure in a world-class destination, check out our webpage and get in touch!
- A multi-day river trip down the crystal blue waters of the Rio Baker with a homestay at a Patagonian ranch.
- Service and exploration in world-renowned Patagonia National Park.
- Beach weekend and Volcano hikes in coastal Chaiten.
- Homestays with our kind and caring hosts in Cerro Castillo.
- Learn how to kayak and raft amazing whitewater rivers from experienced instructors.