Multiple Locations +3
    • Athens
52+ weeks

Program Details

Activities
Canoeing City Exploring Dancing Remote Exploring Sightseeing Surfing Swimming Yoga
Academic Year Fall Spring Summer
Hotel
Primary Language
Age Max

Pricing

MYX Tuition starts at $8,500 per semester for Fall & Spring semesters. Tuition is the same across all locations and includes lodging, one-to-one coaching, Impact classes & projects to help local communities and build portfolio pieces, Life Hacks workshops, wellness and movement classes, daily breakfast, weekly MYXer Dinner and so much more.

Beyond program inclusions, MYX delivers the support of our House team, as well as access to a global community and exploration every day.
What's Included
Accommodation Activities Some Meals Wifi
What's Included (Extra)

What's Not Included
Airfare Domestic Airfare Some Equipment Some Meals
Dec 15, 2021
Mar 31, 2022
11 travelers are looking at this program

MYX Gap is for curious, independent and entrepreneurial youth who want to carve their own paths while living in a powerful community of discovery at locations around the world.

It's time to explore, meet people from all walks of life, and make things happen! Our holistic, personalized learning program combines four elements: 1) choose a bundle of accredited online college classes; 2) develop an original community or passion project, supported by in person workshops in design and innovation; 3) develop your sense of self and purpose with regular life coaching sessions; 4) join a community of near-peers that includes undergraduates and informal learners. Live on a beautiful campus and participate in rich cultural programming from speaker events to trips and parties.

You'll leave MYX inspired and transformed, with a digital portfolio that tells your story for whatever comes next. Designed by lifetime educators and innovators, this is the future of learning!

Program Highlights

• create a truly customized learning and doing experience, with expert support
  • Get real world experience and build your life portfolio
  • Travel, study, and use your project to go beyond the tourist bubble
  • Work with a one-to-one coach
  • Make friends of a lifetime

• 5 rating 85.71%
  • 4 rating 14.29%
  • 3 rating 0%
  • 2 rating 0%
  • 1 rating 0%
Mixy

the future of higher ed

Myx was life changing for me. Not only did I gain an amazing family, but I also completed multiple certifications and landed an internship. Myx definitely highlights the importance of making connections and exploration. I feel that over the course of the past 2 semesters I have grown more than I can even begin to explain. Myx has provided so many new adventures as well as an amazing team of people that I know I can reach out to at any point in life. I was able to find my true passions without wasting thousands of dollars switching majors.

Pros
  • Travel
  • Family
  • Internship
Maximus

My second Semester, still the best decision I ever made.

I went to MYX last semester to study entrepreneurship. This semester I came to Costa Rica to study Social Media Marketing and have landed my dream job after building up my portfolio and completing an amazing project in lead generation with the help of the MYX team. After this semester is over I'll be traveling around the world doing full-funnel marketing and I'm so excited. The MYX team has supported me through the whole thing and given me the credentials I need to make it happen. I couldn't recommend this program enough.

Pros
  • Travel
  • Hands on learning
  • Credentials
Christian

Stellar!!

I had so much fun at the costa rica campus! the staff was amazing and everyone is so accepting. The learning environment is a lot more comfortable than normal schooling and a lot more flexible. The location choice was amazing and I was able to explore more of myself that I did not know before. the locals were super informative and the food was amazing, I cannot wait for Miami. The beaches were beautiful and so much fun The wildlife made everything all the better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pros
  • Amazing staff
  • Great dorms
  • Great locations
Cons
  • N/A
  • N/A
  • N/A
Jen

The MYX- An opportunity not to be missed!!

I am a parent of two students who were pioneers in this incredible GAP year education program. I have two very different students, 21 and 18, a boy and a girl who have very different education and career goals. One had been through three years of a traditional University and one who just graduated High School.
My first thought with this program was that it was too good to be true! Incredibly it was even better than my expectations and it just keeps getting better. Research it for yourself!

Research, ask questions, be ready for life change!
Jackson

MYX Review

I cannot recommend it enough. I feel people right of of high school would benefit IMMENSELY from this. The biggest benefit I have seen from the others apart of the program is them finding out what they DO NOT want to learn. They come into MYX with an idea of what they want to study at college or what they "want to do with their life", they take some classes and gain some experience in the field, and then realize that they do not like it as much as they thought they would. We then talk about what is meaningful to us in life, and from there you can change your classes and test out a new field of study. It is honestly amazing.

Come in with an open mind. Meet as many people as you can, and truly interact with the staff as much as possible. Their expertise, knowledge, and network of connections is insane. Use it.
Samantha

i like the name MYX for it shows there are a myx of everything.

The MYX was a great experience for me. This semester was definitely one to remember and I'm so excited for the next one! I met amazing people and made life long friends here. The MYX was a perfect way for me to do school and still experience life! I knew i didn't want to go to traditional college even before graduating high school, it just wasn't for me.I wanted something different and this was it. I really enjoyed my time here at the MYX and wouldn't change it! I've learned so much just in this semester and i can't wait to learn more!

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
Cajun food! It was really good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Erik

Great school with amazing people

This experience was truly life changing for me. The staff in this program are extremely supportive and are always looking to make the student experience better. I developed lots of skills to use later in the workforce while I was also completing online course work in the MYX program. I met so many amazing people not only on campus but through the experiences we had in the Miami community. One of my favorite parts of the MYX were the place based learning days. Every Wednesday we would go out somewhere in the miami area and, talk to a local expert, explore the area, try something new, and we even went kayaking right in front of the miami sky line. Overall it was one of the best experiences I’ve ever had!

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
If I did this all over again I would take advantage of the connections I could have made at the start of the MYX. I would have left the campus more to meet people out in the community.
Brooke

MYX MIAMI :)

Coming to the MYX I had no idea what God had for me in this city. I didn't have any clarity on His purpose for me being here. All I knew was He gave me supernatural peace to come. Coming to Miami, I knew I was coming to a place where I would stand out because of my faith, as it is not a faith-based program. But it has been the most enriching experience, because of that very thing. I have been able to actually put my faith into practice, in a place that isn't a Christian-school bubble. I have been exposed to my weaknesses in such a way that has strengthened me and grown me as an individual exponentially.

I leave the MYX with a deeper love for those who are different from me, culturally, spiritually, emotionally, and relationally. I also gained respect and love for myself, by God's love for me, so that I can love others as He loves them. I also leave with an immensely expanded cultural understanding of Latin culture. Finally, I leave with connections and friendships with individuals that I will cherish for a lifetime, both in Miami, and the MYX.

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
CUBAN COFFEE. I never knew how incredibly good cuban food and coffee is. It blessed my life. So so so so so good. IF you come, get a Colada(black, and really strong) or Cortadito(milk and sugar).