Au Pair France

A unique experience living in France for an extended period, au pairing is a way to truly immerse yourself into French culture. How? By living and interacting with a local family and their community on a daily basis, with free time for yourself to explore the region, take a class, meet new friends, and more!

Your hosts will provide a stipend, private room, and meals. You'll provide support with childcare related activities for 25 hours each week. Most placements are in the Paris area, but sometimes we have hosts in the south of France as well.

We charge a program fee for the service of matching you with a host family, pre-departure support, and in-country support on an as-needed basis provided by our French partner agency. They also periodically run meet-ups for au pairs. Alumni opportunities such as language exchanges are also available.

Sustainable Action Costa Rica is back!

We're happy to be bringing back the award-winning Sustainable Action Costa Rica program July 31 - August 8, 2021. This is a small group (approximately 12 spaces) travel program so get your spot while they're still available! *Reserve your spot by April 22 to get $100 off*

Hi Mata, to answer your question, this program is only for American citizens, you can view the full list of requirements of the program here: https://www.interexchange.org/travel-abroad/au-pair-france/…

Based on their website, au pairs range from ages 18-30. Hope that helps!

To become an Au Pair in France through InterExchange you must be 18-30. Unfortunately we do not have the ability to accept an applicant of age 17.

Unfortunately not. Host families can only support one participant at a time.

Heather

Better than I ever would have imagined!

When I left for my year abroad in France at the end of August 2014, I had enough background with the language to believe that I would adapt easily to my life there with a French family and a new culture. It was intimidating, but I felt confident getting on my plane out of Cleveland. My first few weeks with my host family were challenging, but they were consistently helpful and understanding of any difficulties I experienced. I was invited to parties with extended family, and everyone else was extremely accommodating as well. It took me about 6 months until I got comfortable enough in large groups to be at ease with my speaking and comprehension abilities. By the time I went to my host dad's birthday party in May 2015, I was convinced that I would be able to communicate with anyone I crossed paths with there. I was right! I was able to hold my own whenever necessary, understand multiple conversations at once, and respond to anyone as naturally as I would in my own language, English. I felt like I belonged there as everyone was so accepting of my place there and so kind to me throughout the evening. Now, I had plenty of opportunities to take part in tourist activities throughout Paris during my stay there, but the highlight of my whole journey was this party. It felt great to know that I had improved in my communication far better and faster than I thought possible. This was certainly all due to my magnificent host family. I will forever be grateful to them for accepting me into their home like another family member and helping me advance in so many areas of my life during my time there. I will definitely go back to see them again soon! I never dreamed that I'd have a second family in France during my lifetime!!