• Ireland

$5,400 USD
What's Included
Accommodation Activities Equipment Some Meals
What's Included (Extra)

Students will eat their evening meals together each day except for Sunday which is a rest day/ free time day. Evenings will be interspersed with group games, cinema nights, bowling and attendance at local events.

What's Not Included
Airfare Airport Transfers Travel Insurance
What's Not Included (Extra)

International flights. Travel insurance. General spending money (We recommend 100 Euro per week).

May 20, 2021
May 21, 2021

The Irish Arts & Culture Immersion Program is a structured, short program designed to give students an opportunity to discover and cultivate their creative side, build independence and immerse themselves in Irish life and culture. The program offers a fun and low-stress balance of community living, daily art-workshops with local artists, cultural expeditions and travel throughout Ireland. This program is all about exploring your creative side and no prior artistic experience is needed, only enthusiasm and an open mind! The Program is based in Bundoran, a quaint and inviting town on the world famous Wild Atlantic Way, in County Donegal. Our experienced team of Program Leaders will accompany students throughout the program, contextualizing activities, adventures, projects and daily life, while also offering support and utilizing their skills as experiential educators. Our students will learn to live and work as a team, to manage a household and to cultivate their creative side.

Program Highlights

• Develop your artistic skills through daily workshops with local artists at The Model, Sligo’s award-winning creative arts studio, gallery and community hub.
  • See more of Ireland with overnight expeditions to the cities of Dublin, Belfast and Galway.
  • Live on the shores of the Atlantic Ocean in the quaint seaside town of Bundoran, County Donegal.
  • Enjoy daily adventures throughout the Northwest of Ireland exploring castles, coastlines, villages, art galleries, National Parks and more.
  • Local Living: A community based experience that brings you deep into Irish culture.

Popular Programs

Student rock climbing

The Adventure & Leadership Immersion Program is a structured, short program designed to give students an opportunity to explore Ireland, develop strong leadership skills and build their independence. Students will be able to immerse themselves in the culture and daily life of a small, coastal town in the west of Ireland along with challenging their boundaries through exploring the great outdoors of our rugged Atlantic coastline and mountains.

Graham

Great Craic in Bundoran, Ireland

Cliff jumping, hiking, surfing, brilliant art teachers: these were all short walk from our home beside the cliffs in Bundoran, Ireland, a small surf town. The day-to-day of the program consisted of an effective mix of arts education and Ireland exploration which I loved.
Fiona and Phil, my counselors during the program, were a highlight — guiding us through challenging moments and triumphant ones with always good music. Despite Covid restrictions, the program managed to put together a great program. Thanks for all the great memories!

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
Cliff jumping was super scary! But once you’re standing up there, all you have to do is close you’re eyes and leap off the edge.
Rosie

Irish Gap Year Review

Amazing program! Learned multiple art forms including photography, leather work, jewelry making, charcoal, watercolor, and so much more! Program leaders were so welcoming and supportive throughout the entire program. Great group dynamic and community bonding! It was such meaningful experience to take time to grow, self reflect, and explore my passions, all while living in a beautiful part of Ireland. We also were able to engage in various Irish adventures such as surfing and cliff jumping. Overall, it was a great experience. Good craic!

What was your funniest moment?
The houses engaged in a friendly prank war, which culminated in an epic couch heist. The boys brought a house couch onto the cliffs where we all watched the sunset together.
Rosie

Irish Gap Year Review

Ryan

Yes this program is amazing

When I learned that I was travelling to Ireland in a pandemic, I was a little nervous. That immediately went away once I got to the Portbeg houses and got to experience Bundoran. Every day I had this wow factor that I was living in this beautiful costal town surrounded by a great and memorable group of people doing the art I have always wanted to do with the most amazing professional instructors. Hiking, Surfing, Kayaking and day trips to towns and cities across Ireland also occurred and seeing the historic sites of Ireland really resonated with me. Thank you Irish Gap year 🙌

What was the most surprising thing you saw or did?
The fact that I was able to stand up on a Surfboard and complete a very accurate charcoal drawing of Spock
Hudson

Irish Gap Year 2021

Attending IGY was one of the best decisions of my whole gap year experience. I learned so much about art—not only practical skills, but also the values of unjudged creativity and perseverance. Seeing the natural beauty of Ireland through hikes was wonderful, and though covid prevented us from visiting as many cities as I would like, I’ll remember the places we did visit forever. Anyone who enjoys nature, art, or is even just open to pushing themselves into something new (I wasn’t much of an artist myself before I came here) will love this program.

Ben

I recommend this program

Doing this gap program was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made. This experience was unforgettable I’ve discovered that I am a much better artist than I had initially thought and over the course of 3 months, i feel like I’ve improved on those skills. I also really got along with the tutors and feel like They’ve helped me bring out the artist in me. Our program leaders (Phil and Fiona) were amazing and I found that they’re easy to talk to and they made the program 10x better. I’ve also met some amazing people that were a part of this group that I will definitely be keeping in touch with after the program.

What was the most surprising thing you saw or did?
Exploring the mines was probably the most surprising thing we did because I never thought I’d end up going into an abandoned mineshaft and that was really cool.
Max

IGY arts in Bundoran

I had a great time here with the arts program! The artists we work with are really talented and fun, and offer a lot of different ways for students to be creative. The community and location is great, both the natural landscape by the ocean and the mountains inland, as well as the town and the people we met. We had a pretty fair bit of freedom to ourselves, living “unsupervised” in a communal house, and rarely had moments where and issues couldn’t be figured out in a way that didn’t feel fair. That said, covid limited a lot of what we could do, and led to a fair bit of frustration and cabin fever. We spent much of our free time in houses, as public attractions were shut for the season, and some of the changes in program rules due to covid caused some disagreement, but the staff were all reasonable with finding a middle ground that worked well. All in all, a fun time with good people

If you choose to attend either of the IGY programs offered, make sure that whatever you do you try as many new things as you can and meet as many people as possible, and there is definitely a wealth of culture
Jackie

IGY Arts program review

I had so much fun on IGY! I’m going to miss my peers, staff and Ireland very much! Fiona Mulrine is an angel of a woman, she is so supportive and always has us in her best interest, she deserves a raise and a thick bonus!!! We had a bunch of amazing tutors that helped us all create beautiful pieces of art. I feel like I’ve learned a lot from our tutors and classes and I’ll be going home with a whole new range of skills learnt here. I really enjoyed Vandoren of the town I found it very quaint and peaceful being by the sea. The surfing was a lot of fun as well!

What was your funniest moment?
I honestly couldn’t even pick one singular funniest moment. I do know that we’re all going to be leaving Bundoran with a slew of inside jokes!