• Ireland

Fall Spring
Guesthouse
Age Max

Pricing

Program fees include food, all travel within Ireland, artistic tutoring and workshops, accommodation and the full support of the Irish Gap Year team.

Who is this program for?
The Irish Arts and Culture Program is for students interested in a broad-exposure art program in Europe with tangible takeaways. This is a low-stress program designed to facilitate self-exploration using the arts as a vehicle for this journey.

Many of our past students have enjoyed taking part in a community-based program. This means that you will have your own home, neighbors and really get the chance to be part of our town. It also means that you will develop independence in an environment that resembles college life.
What's Included
Accommodation Activities Airport Transfers Equipment Meals
What's Not Included
Airfare
Jan 19, 2022
Nov 21, 2022
28 travelers are looking at this program

The Irish Arts & Culture Program gives you an opportunity to explore and cultivate your creative side, travel throughout Ireland, build independence and develop an appreciation of Irish arts and culture.

You'll work with local artists enjoying daily workshops in photography, creative writing, film, charcoal drawing, painting and more. You’ll explore the rich tapestry of Ireland’s cultural and artistic heritage while traveling to some of the country’s most unique and celebrated locations. This program is all about exploring and developing your creative side and no prior artistic experience is needed – Only enthusiasm!

Most importantly you will build your independence, learning to live and work with your peers, manage a household and to cultivate your creative side in a supportive environment. You’ll delve into Ireland’s cultural heritage and modern art scene, immerse yourself in our community, explore the arts, develop a self-designed portfolio and have the time of your life.

Program Highlights

• Local Living - It's All About Community: Experience life as locals do from your Victorian home in the heart of Bundoran, Co. Donegal. Your 8 bedroom, traditional Victorian home is cosy, funky and has incredible views of the Atlantic.
  • Artistic Exploration and Workshop: Self-Designed, Unique and Tangible. Explore your areas of artistic interest from photography to found art/upcycling to music and performance to creative writing in our workshops.
  • Expeditions Around Ireland: You’ll get to explore the best of Ireland on our seven big expeditions (3-5 days each), each with a different cultural and artistic focus.

• 5 rating 91.8%
  • 4 rating 8.2%
  • 3 rating 0%
  • 2 rating 0%
  • 1 rating 0%
Zeph

IGY Arts and Culture

I had a lot of fun while here. I got to try a lot of new things artistically that I had never done before and the staff here was very nice and helpful. I'm very happy I was in Ireland for this fall.

Pros
  • I made a lot of art while here
  • Ireland is very beautiful
Cons
  • The food isn't always the best
Quin

Irish Gap Year

There’s enough freedom to go off and have fun with your fellow gapers but enough structure and activities so that your never bored. I wish we could have spent more time in Dublin because it’s such a big beautiful city with so much to do compared to Donegal. Lots of the little hostels were so cute and fun to cook the group led meals.

Pros
  • Learn to live on you own
  • See a new country
  • Express your art
Cons
  • Long bus rides
  • Food is very Irish
  • Lots of money spent
Bulyn

Great experience

Such a great once in a lifetime experience that not many have done! I loved bonding with the other members of the program and the social scene at night! Trying out new kinds of art really broadened my perspective and interests that I haven’t looked into before. The leaders are great and have amazing interactions with us. I personally came a few weeks late to the program but everyone was super welcoming and I feel as if I fit in right away with the other members. I would definitely recommend this program to others and love to experience it again if I could.

Pros
  • Traveling all over Ireland
  • Such fun social life both at night and during the day
  • Building art skills and having fun!
Cons
  • food is bland
  • Having 2 roomates instead of 1 or none
  • Shower is not strong and sometimes doesn’t get hot enough
Yelena

Amazing gap year experience!

This whole experience was incredible for me- I made many close friends on this trip, and have explored the use of different artistic mediums that I never would’ve had the chance to experiment with beforehand. The tutors were all so friendly and helpful with whatever I needed help with, and I have learned so much more about Irish culture and art from their guidance. I would absolutely recommend this program to anyone who wants to step out of their comfort zone and have a meaningful time surrounded by incredible group leaders and friends.

Pros
  • Very friendly people
  • Strengthening my art skills
  • Kate
Cons
  • Hot water in shower wouldn’t work at first
  • Some food wasn’t great
Keira

Arts and Culture

Choosing the Irish Arts and Culture program was the best decision I could have made for my gap year experience. I improved my art in ways I couldn’t have even dreamed of and even more importantly I made the friends of a life time. I will never forgot this experience. The program leaders are funny, helpful, and extremely caring, any little problem that arose which were very few they helped solve before there was even a chance for it to truly become a real problem. If I was able I would honestly do this program again.

Pros
  • Beautiful Scenery
  • The nicest of people
  • Tons of Art
Cons
  • Bland Irish Seasoned Food
Fiona

Arts and Culture (igy)

I had an incredible time in the Irish Gap Year Arts and Culture Program. The staff and teachers were really supportive and kind, and the local community was especially welcoming. I really grew as an artist through this program as it helped me build on old skills as well as develop new ones. This program also helped cultivate independence in myself and others. I made lifelong friends that I will continue to travel with. Overall it was a wonderful experience and I would definitely recommend IGY if you’re considering a GAP year in Ireland.

Pros
  • Lots of art experience
  • immersive cultural experiences
  • made lifetime friends
Cons
  • bland food (very Irish)
madison

arts and culture

I had a great experience! It built my independence and i gained more confidence. We went on many trips and we saw many different parts of ireland. I love it here it is so beautiful. I made many life long friends. I learned more about Irish culture and how important it is to the people. This experience was splendid, I would do it all again if i could. I would recommend this to any student who is trying to figure out what they want to do in the future. If you are looking to take a year off Irish gap year is the place to go!

Pros
  • social life
  • independence
Cons
  • food
Ben

Irish Gap Year

coming to ireland was a truly amazing experience. i loved being able to meet so many new people and the culture here is really amazing. the program helps you interact with your new surroundings well and offers an extensive art program that teaches you many new things. being able to travel around ireland was amazing and i really valued that opportunity we had. the housing was alright, a little far from town but it wasn’t to bad. i wish we had more opportunities on the weekends to do stuff outside of the town.

Pros
  • culture
  • history
  • art
Cons
  • food
  • sudden notices
  • wifi