Stint Ireland: Working Holidays in Dublin, Ireland

This program has been paused and is currently not being offered. View more programs from Stint Ireland.

If you've graduated from college and you have a burning desire to travel and live abroad, then a working holiday is an experience that will take you out of your comfort zone, showing you the wonders of the world, while, ultimately, letting you exert your independence.

The Working Holiday entitles citizens of Argentina, Australia, Canada, Chile, Hong Kong, New Zealand, South Korea, Taiwan, Japan, and the USA to live and work in Ireland for up to two years. As a Stint Ireland participant, we’ll walk you through the entire process, from the visa applications and travel insurance to settling you into life in Dublin. This means awesome housing, a group of like minded Stinters to share the experience with, and help with everything from finding work, opening a bank account, and getting the best out of your time here in Dublin.

This is your chance to live and work abroad in a foreign city. Pack your bags! It's time to begin your adventures gallivanting around Europe!

• Dublin Focused.
  • Small Program Sizes.
  • Housing in Dublin City Centre.
  • On The Ground Support Team.
  • Holistic Program.

Yes! You are eligible for the WHV as a full time student and up to 12 months from your graduation date. It makes most sense to do it after graduation as the visa allows you to live and work in Ireland for a full year. Hope to welcome you to Dublin one day soon!

Hi Taylan, The Irish government has different agreements with different countries so your situation, being an American citizen, is different from other individuals. American citizens must be between 18 and 35 and currently be in full-time post-secondary education, or have graduated from one of these within the twelve-month period before their application is received. This limitation does not apply...

Natalie

Couldn’t Have Done It Without Stint

I did a gap year with the Stint program and loved it so much! From my first inquiry, Stint was excellent at communicating and continued to be leading up to and during my travels. Stint was quick to respond and happy to answer any questions that I had and since moving abroad wasn’t something I’d done before, I had a lot of them! Though I did not do an internship through Stint, I lived in Stint housing on my gap year with fellow Stinters who did have internships. Dublin is a city full of opportunity and Stint offers unique internships that I got to see my roommates experience. Living in Stint housing has made the biggest impact on my experience as it has taken the stress out of finding a place and also being around other people my age on the same journey. There are also social events and trips Stint plans, which was something I loved because they were trips I might not have been able to take on my own! The support and comfort Stint brings to such a new and unfamiliar environment. I’m so grateful for my experience in Ireland with Stint!

It is never too late! Try something new during your time, something you might not have considered at home. Talk to people, ask questions, and seek out adventure!
Kristen

Having the best year!

I've really appreciated the support and network that comes with Stint. To me, one of the most vital things that made me choose Stint over independently coming to Ireland was the fact that you start out in Stint housing and can stay there for as long as you need. This cut out what is probably one of the hardest parts of moving abroad, which is figuring out housing. Stint also cares about giving you a fun and socially valuable experience, and I have made lifelong friends through this program. I've been here 6 months so far and it's just been a great experience.

Hayley

Best investment in yourself and work/life experience

Stint came to me at the right time when I was looking for a next step in my life/career that was an exciting transition out of college. Stint gave me the opportunity to make connections with so many people, both from abroad and locally. I gained so much work experience from a very diverse group of temp jobs throughout my year, and I couldn't trade that experience or the family I made along the way, for anything. I spent time with friends and co-workers every day, building relationships I still have. I also spent more time alone, either traveling or experiencing the city on my own. I was able to learn more about myself and grow more self-confidence than I would had I stayed safely in what I though my comfort zone was.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
Many first days can be scary! But they get easier.
Erin

Such an Exhilarating Experience!!!

I am having the time of my life living here in Dublin! My accommodations are so conveniently located to the airport and the city center. I've only been here a little over a month and I absolutely love it! I can't wait to see what else Stint has in store. Stint has done a great job helping me, they're always available to give me advise and point me in the right direction whether it's a housing question or help needed with applying for jobs they're there for me. Stint has also done a great job organizing different events and activities for me to attend.

I highly recommend this program to anyone who wants to do a gap year abroad in Ireland! Stint has given me the tools to succeed and what's more, they've given me a family away from home. I've made so many new friends within my short time here, and they've become such a great support group for me to bounce ideas off of and to travel with in my spare time. What was once a dream to live abroad has become such a magnificent reality, all thanks to Stint Ireland!!

Definitely moving out of the provided housing. A couple of the girls I live with and myself moved out of Stint housing right before the new year, it was definitely nerve wracking at first, but the girls and I were definitely able to lean on our fellow Stinters for help and eventually found a place!
Carreen

Incredible!!

After graduation, I knew I wasn't ready to follow the same path that most of my friends were taking into the corporate world in the US and there was so much more of the world I still wanted to see. The working holiday visa is the perfect way to live in Europe and explore! I knew I wanted to get a WHA visa, but I was still unsure about moving to a new country that I had never been to before without knowing anyone or having any network over here. Stint was the perfect program to participate in and has made the year absolutely incredible! I've met such amazing people through the program to have adventures around Ireland and Europe with and I have made life long friends through the program. It's so nice being able to have a network of people who are all going through the same thing and figuring out life in another country together! The price originally turned me off, but I'm on the 10th month of my gap year and can say it was definitely worth it! Not only the people, but also having good housing options available to you in Dublin especially when you first arrive and all the activities throughout the year makes a world of difference. I would absolutely recommend to anyone who is considering moving to Ireland for a gap year!

Make sure to get out and explore the rest of Ireland! I love having Dublin as a home base, but there are so many incredible and stunning places to visit in Ireland. Some of my favorite memories are from bike riding around one of the Aran Islands, Surfing in Sligo, and hiking in Killarney. The year really does fly by so make sure to make the most of it!
Meredith Jones
Meredith

My Dublin Life

My gap year in Dublin was one of the best experiences of my life! Ireland is such a beautiful country filled with amazing people. I'm so appreciative to have had Stint there to help me get started by organizing which documents I needed for a Working Holiday visa and picking me up from the airport when I first arrived. Everyone I met in the programme was in the exact same boat as me....didn't know anyone prior to coming and excited to explore Dublin. The fact that Stint provides housing for all their members to live together was so amazing and made it easier to make friends. Although housing is quite pricey and you have to be very persistent with maintenance requests, the experience is definitely worth it. Stint always had fun social gatherings going on, from pizza nights at a pub to weekend trips around the country! My gap year was definitely the best time of my life where I made lifelong friends and memories!

I would recommend improving the programme by being more prompt with any housing or maintenance issues.
Caroline

My Gap Year in Dublin

I just returned home from my gap year in Dublin and I'm already missing it! Initially I was nervous about moving to a new city without knowing anyone, but Stint always helped me feel comfortable. From picking me up at the airport to providing initial housing, Stint really lays the foundation for you to settle in and build a life abroad. The housing is expensive so I do recommend finding your own place when possible, but it's very nice to have something lined up for you at first. The program is also a great way to meet those that are in the exact same boat as you. Stint hosts a bunch of events throughout the year so that you can explore Ireland while making lifelong friends. My favourite has to be the day trip to Kilkenny when four of us took a hurling lesson followed by the Smithwick's brewery tour. I'll always look back at my time in Dublin with such fond memories, and I can't thank Stint enough for helping me take the leap!

Linnea

Irish Gap Year of a Lifetime

After spending 1 year on a working holiday visa in Ireland, I can't express my excitement enough!
Stint Ireland provided me with friends, housing, and resources to make my year abroad the experience of a lifetime. The price is not cheap, so save up for unforeseen circumstances and cost of living, but it is so worth it. That said, I highly recommend finding your own housing (more affordable) as soon as you find your footing. This will allow you more money for travel and to experience Dublin life as a local.
I have made friends that I will have forever, who I met through Stint, and traveled all over the world. I would not trade this experience for the world and I cannot recommend this experience enough!

The cost is very high, especially for continued housing. I believe that with this cost, there should be a bit more hands on guidance, accessibility, and problem solving when needed.