CIEE Gap Year Abroad in Ferrara, Italy – Language & Culture

CIEE Gap Year Abroad Italy Ferrara
CIEE Gap Year Abroad Italy Ferrara

Arrive in Ferrara ready to live and learn in a historic city with a tight-knit and “homey” feel. The city is small and relatively free of tourists, with easy access to all the major cities of Italy. It’s such a bike-friendly place that CIEE will provide you with a bike so you can explore the city like the locals!

You’ll stay with a welcoming Italian host family no more than 15 minutes from where you’ll be studying. With them, you’ll shop at local markets, prepare and share meals, and practice your Italian while living the typical everyday life of the family.

*You can create a duo program by combining any two CIEE Gap Year Abroad semesters and get 10% off the second semester.

Lia

Great Experience in Italy!

Choosing to spend my gap year in Italy was one of the best choices I have made. Not only did I learn Italian, but I also made great friendships and grew as an individual. This program gave me the opportunity to explore Ferrara and other areas in Italy. My host family was incredible and really made me feel included in their lives and in the community. I became more confidence, independent, and strong through this experience.