Expedition Leader Program | Galapagos, Peru, China, Laos, Thailand, Nepal

This is a comprehensive program for people looking to become globally experienced and qualified Expedition Leaders, capable of leading treks into high altitude and developing world regions.

There is no other program in the world that specifically trains expedition guides in such an immersive way.

We created this program as an immersive learning experience, where the assessment occurs naturally during everyday experiences, your proficiency will grow as the program itself gets progressively more challenging.

Gain experience in adventure travel management, expedition/travel medicine, youth work, peer leadership, high alpine/steep terrain/swift water management, leading others above 5000m, supported and unsupported trek management.

You’ll leave this program confident in your global guiding skills, able to arrive to any destination, assess prospective issues and succeed in running an awesome expedition.

• Dynamic, immersive course that progresses with each new destination
  • Accommodation and most meals provided all program
  • Low student - instructor ratio (1:6) for personalised learning
  • Outdoor Leadership Qualifications
  • International Wilderness First Aid certificate

Chloe

Expedition Leader Program (June 2019)

I had the most incredible experience traveling with the team on the Expedition Leader Program earlier this year. Coming into the program with high expectations, I can genuinely say that every single one of them was surpassed. Pure Exploration absolutely blew it out of the park. Not only was the team made up of fantastic individuals, our instructors Keri and Jessica were incredible mentors from whom I was able to learn so much in what felt like so little time, and the office team back in NZ provided support beyond anything we could've asked for. I recommend the ELP to anyone looking for growth, adventure, challenges and connections that will last a lifetime. This program lit a fire in me that will forever push me to chase my dreams. I cannot wait to see where this experience will take me in the future!

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
Bugs! There were so many types available for us to try specifically in China and in eastern Ecuador!