EnRoute Consulting: Full Service Gap Year Planning

EnRoute's founder and Gap Year Association accredited counselor Julia Rogers works individually with students to coordinate and execute a personally crafted gap year itinerary.

From Julia:
Every family I work with receives individualized attention. The past eleven years of working with families has allowed me to refine my process so it is both empathetic and efficient; a combination that saves families time, money and unnecessary stress. Gap year planning should be fun, and my involvement helps students feel excited and confident in their gap year plans.

My personal and professional travel has brought me to over twenty-five countries, crossing new locations off my seemingly endless list every year. Through site visits and thorough program vetting, I have developed a database of program partners that I confidently recommend to families looking for high-quality gap year opportunities.

• Personalized gap year planning to suit every budget, interest and personality
  • Expertise: GYA Accredited Counselor with 12 + years of gap year counseling experience
  • Efficiency: Julia saves families (especially parents) dozens of hours of research time
  • Empowerment: Julia helps students take ownership of their own planning
  • Julia's process maximizes value, saves time and allows students to thrive on their gap year and beyond

• Content 10
  • Engagement 10
  • Platform 10
Ian

Full Service GAP Year Consulting

I've always had an interest but decided to explore taking a GAP year in June 2020 more seriously. Julia could get to know me, discern my interest, and help cultivate a shortlist of my GAP year goals to keep it focused and effective. Based on my individual needs (time, money, goals), she curated a list of accredited programs that she would personally recommend. Julia worked with my parents as well to ensure that we were all aligned throughout the process. During any downtime between programs, she provided toolkits with exciting courses and volunteer opportunities to keep me busy.

Her service was beneficial during a pandemic. I had little travel experience, and Julia was able to be a sounding board as we made decisions based on what was going on in the world at the time. We always had several plans to pivot to in case the climate changed.

The first semester I spent on an experiential service-learning program, which traveled across the Pacific Northwest for 70 days with a group of 15 people. Part of the program included getting our Wilderness First Aid Certification and Scuba Certification. I had never camped before but spent most of the trip sleeping in a tent. I learned a lot about myself. I can cook sweet potatoes and tacos over a fire. I can teach football to a group of people who, for some reason, don't know anything about the sport. The partners of the program were incredible. I met a man who survived falling into a volcano and another man who had been the Head Ranger of Yellowstone National park.

In the second semester, I will go to Cape Town, South Africa, for a Commerical Real Estate Internship. I am very excited about the opportunity to work within International Business. During the downtime, I am taking a virtual course that included life skills building and goal setting.

I appreciate what Julia has done for me and look forward to working with her for the rest of my GAP year.

What was the most surprising thing you saw or did?
The fourth night I was on the first program, I went from my tent to the bathroom. The sunlight was fading. I looked to the right and about 8 yards away was an 800 pound Bull Moose.
Bailey

EnRoute Counseling - Smooth Research Process and Advice for Gap Year Experiences!

My incredible gap year experience would not have been possible without Julia's thoughtful advising and diligent research. She listened intently to my ideas, considered what I wanted out of my year, and matched me with some excellent programs. I didn't really know exactly what I wanted but looking back I wouldn't have done anything else. She broadened my opportunities by connecting me with a wider range of programs than I could have ever found on my own. Couldn't recommend her or Enroute highly enough!

Be open-minded and explore all opportunities available! Step outside of your comfort zone and you might find something you never thought you would do but once in it, couldn't imagine doing anything else.