Au Pair & English Tutor in Spain

Tutor friends in Madrid, Spain
Tutor friends in Madrid, Spain

Oh, Spain! What a beautiful place to spend a month, a summer or a year!

We offer placements in cities and towns across Spain. We have placed tutors across Spain -
in the enchanting Southern provinces of Andalusia, the Northern provinces bordering France, and in the vibrant cities of Valencia, Barcelona and Madrid.

A cultural immersion experience for Canadians age 18-35, this program is 1 to 12 months. Tutors receive pocket money (75 euros/week) during their stay, free accommodation, meals and the support of our sister agency in Spain.

Helping the children with their English through play, outdoor activities and excursions for 30-40 hours a week, you receive:
- free room and board
- meals
- 300 euros/month pocket money
- an in-country support system in Spain

This program is popular among people looking to explore Spanish culture, discover Europe from the inside, pick up a new language, and make new friends along the way!

• Teach English.
  • Cultural immersion.
  • Family experience.
  • Support from sister agency.
  • Language learning.

Brooke

Teaching at Boarding School in Spain!

This past summer, I had the opportunity of a lifetime to teach abroad through Scotia Personnel in Santiago de Compostela, located in northeast Spain (the region of Galicia)! From the beginning, Scotia Personnel (specifically Marilyn and Richelle!) were extremely knowledgeable, supportive and personable. As a result, they connected me with a school placement that was the perfect fit for me, leading to the perfect summer experience. Prior to my arrival in Galicia, I traveled to Swizterland, France, and other regions of Spain, including Barcelona (part of Catalunya) and Madrid (part of Castile). After 10 days of aggressive travel, I arrived in Santiago de Compostela, a city rich with Celtic music, Neoclassic and Baroque architecture, the freshest seafood from nearby fishing villages of Galicia! Very quickly, Santiago became home and my colleagues and students became family. In addition to teaching two English classes to elementary aged students and an English Literature class to high school aged students, I also choreographed a play for 55 students. The school’s model was incredibly unique, for it integrated English instruction with Music and Theater classes. The school day ran between 9AM-4PM, and I spent my afternoons and early evenings running through the parks of Santiago and exploring the restaurants, shops, and fine arts culture. Additionally, the school provided wonderful experiences for traveling around the region of Galicia with students, including Cies Islands and Castro de Barona. I am eternally grateful to Scotia Personnel for connecting me with a summer program that was enriching and life changing!

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
Not a thing! As noted above, I had the most incredible experience and I hope to do it again next summer.
Anna

Au Pair in Spain/Camp Coach in UK

I have worked with Scotia Personnel twice and have had a phenomenal experience both times. In 2016, I went to Palma Mallorca Spain as an Au Pair. They set me up with a wonderful family. My days would consist of waking up the 3 boys in the family, making them breakfast, taking them to the beach and then coming back to the house for lunch. During my weekends off, I would stay with the family because they would show me around the island. I still keep in contact with the family. In 2018, I went to England to work at a camp. The process of being able to work at the camp as a Canadian citizen would seem difficult but Scotia Personnel knew what needed to be done, how to do it , and when. They guided me throughout the entire process. I had the time of my life at the camp. On a day to day basis, my roommates and I would wake up and get breakfast. Each week we were given a group of kids. We would take them to activities throughout the day, eat lunch with them, and supervise them during evening activities. On off weekends I would go to London or just hangout with friends. At the begging of the camp I requested a week off in August. During that week I visited the family that I Au Paired for in Spain. I still keep in contact with the girls that I met at the camp. We always talk about how it was the best summer ever.

Nothing! Scotia Personnel was so helpful along the way and I had so much fun as an Au Pair.

Location:
Barcelona–El Prat
( BCN )
Palma De Mallorca
( PMI )

Come to Spain for its beautiful beaches, variety of culture, and amazing food and wine, specifically, tapas! Each region shines with its own individuality and reflects Spain's remarkable history as one of the world's strongest empires. Get to know the country famous for fiestas, siestas, toros, tapas, and vino!

About Scotia Personnel

One of Canada's top gap year organizations. With 31 years of experience, we partner with some of the world's best to offer amazing programs across Europe, North America, Asia and Oceania. Tutor, Teach, Camp Counselor, Au Pair, Culinary, Hospitality...