• Spain

Weekly Classroom Hours
Host Family Hotel

Pricing

What's included:
*One initial introduction session online with your Spanish host-teacher, including a level test, and preparations for the trip before departure
*Spanish Level Test

*Optional Excursions
What's Included
Accommodation Some Activities Classes Meals Wifi
What's Not Included
Airfare Domestic Airfare Airport Transfers SIM cards Transportation Travel Insurance Visa
Feb 08, 2024
Feb 29, 2024
2 travelers are looking at this program

Embark on a thrilling linguistic journey with us, leaving behind conventional classrooms for our Spanish Homestay Immersion Programme "SHIP" – your ticket to an unparalleled learning adventure.

Immerse in Spanish life's rhythm, guided by native host-teachers unveiling language secrets. Forget textbooks – with SHIP, Spain itself is your classroom.

Imagine strolling charming streets, ordering tapas, or basking in the Mediterranean sun while chatting with locals. SHIP is more than learning; it's living Spanish!

Yet, there's more – we tailor your journey. Pursue language skills for career growth, international ties, or conquering DELE/SIELE exams. Our bespoke Spanish programmes match diverse dreams.

No more holding back! Plunge into SHIP, where limits fade and immersion reigns supreme. Your Spanish escapade ignites here – discover beyond a school, a haven of vibrant memories and a home away from home!

Program Highlights

• Embark on a Cultural Odyssey: Dive into the heart of Spain's soul by Living & Studying Spanish in your teacher's home. Experience the fusion of language, culture, and gastronomy all under one enchanting roof.
  • Flexibility at Its Finest: Blaze your own trail in mastering Spanish with programmes ranging from 1 week to an entire month. Choose any day of the week to ignite your learning journey.
  • Dreamy Destinations Await: Your choices are boundless! Select from our breathtaking locations: Barcelona's urban pulse, Valencia's coastal charm, Burgos' historical treasure troves, the serene allure of Mallorca, Menorca's hidden gems, and beyond!
  • Personalised Learning, Maximum Fun: Ignite your Spanish passion with our expert native Spanish host-teachers. No matter your age or needs, our courses are tailor-made to bring language alive.
  • SIELE: Conquer with Confidence: Seize the chance to ace the SIELE remote exam with us. As a SIELE accredited centre, we're your gateway to Spanish excellence. The journey of a lifetime awaits – are you ready to make it yours?

• 5 rating 97.56%
  • 4 rating 2.44%
  • 3 rating 0%
  • 2 rating 0%
  • 1 rating 0%
  • Instruction 5
Ashley

Amazing Spanish Immersion Experience In Spain!

I recently returned from an amazing two-week stay in Spain with Spanish Express. I spent one week with Monica in Barcelona (Dosruis) and one week with Alberto and Marisol in Burgos. Both weeks were phenomenal experiences!

In Barcelona (Dosruis), I stayed with Monica, her lovely parents, and their two adorable Golden Retrievers. I had a private bedroom and bathroom, the room was clean, and the bed was very comfortable. In Burgos, I stayed with Alberto and Marisol and their daughter. Once again, I had a clean comfortable bedroom and a separate bathroom.

Both families went out of their way to ensure I was comfortable, had everything I needed, as well as anything I may have wanted. I had the opportunity to go grocery shopping, wash clothes, and select the activities I wanted to do each week.

The thing that surprised me the most was the generosity of both families. I knew that some activities came with the fee paid for the program, but both families went above and beyond any of my expectations. For example, we went out for various meals and tapas, a hop-on hop-off bus tour of Barcelona, visited a cathedral, went to the beach, multiple monasteries, a concert, went to Carnaval, toured various well-known and lesser-known sites, and much more!

Additionally, having a local family take you around gives you a perspective outside of what you get from traditional tours, and you get to experience more of the local life throughout your stay.

Of course, the reason most people are probably looking to attend a Spanish Immersion program is for the Spanish classes. Depending on the program you select you get a set number of class hours per week, and you can let your teacher/s know what you want to focus on.

The first week my lessons were focused on studying for the SIELE exam and the second week my lessons were focused on better understanding when to use each verb tense. The great thing about immersion is that even outside of class time you are still speaking and practicing Spanish throughout the day.

All in all, you get way more from attending a program with Spanish Express than just Spanish classes. Although the Spanish classes are great, what sets this program apart is getting to experience living in Spain with amazing families who are more than generous with their time and who really want to show you a great time.

I spent an extra week in Spain after my experience with Spanish Express ended and both families checked on me throughout my time in Spain and made sure I got back home safely. I left feeling like I have two additional families in Spain. I highly recommend doing an immersion program with Spanish Express and I plan to attend their program again in the future!

Pros
  • Individualized immersion program
  • Local experiences
  • Generosity of the families
1 person found this review helpful.
Stacy

A Language Journey to Remember

My experience with the Spanish Express Language Immersion Program in Dosrius, Spain exceeded every expectation I had. My friend and I participated together and our accommodations were second to none, with comfortable rooms and amenities, it truly felt like a home away from home. The beautiful artwork that adorned the walls (created by our host- Monica’s father) further enriched the experience. Not to mention his impeccable cooking - every meal was delicious and was presented to us as a work of art.

Dosrius is nestled in the picturesque Catalan countryside about 45 minutes from the vibrant city of Barcelona. The surroundings are breathtaking. However, what truly sets this program apart is its passionate and dedicated teacher/founder - Monica. She is a phenomenal teacher who worked to ensure that each lesson was crafted to enhance our learning in practical and entertaining ways -we definitely laughed a lot. Whether in the classroom, exploring the local markets, or savoring traditional Catalan cuisine, the emphasis was always on real-world application and interactions.

My time with the Spanish Express Language Immersion Program did so much more than enhance my language skills, it also allowed me to embrace and learn a different way of life. For anyone seeking an immersive and unforgettable language learning experience, there is no need to look further. This was by far my best language immersion program. ¡Muchas gracias por todo!

Pros
  • Amazing Food
  • Location/Scenery
  • Phenomenal Teacher
Juliet

Comfortable home stay near Barcelona

I spent a week in Barcelona with a friend in Monica’s home. The home was immaculate and beautiful. Monica made us feel at home from the beginning. We had dedicated class time but spent almost the entire stay speaking in Spanish which helped to improve our fluency level. Monica included us in her daily routine in addition to several pre-planned excursions to nearby towns. The scenery was tranquil and gorgeous. We had home cooked meals prepared by Monica’s father, and everything we had was delicious. We also had ample opportunity to eat out in restaurants when we wanted. We were preparing for the DELE exam, and the classes provided a nice review during the week prior to the exam. Monica went above and beyond to support us in achieving our Spanish goals. I would 100% recommend this program to solo travelers or small groups.

Pros
  • Individualized attention
  • Beautiful location
Tanya

Fun with Learning Spanish in Valencia!

I was fortunate enough to spend 2 great weeks learning Spanish in the Valencia area with a very kind and helpful teacher, Pilar. She was an animated, accommodating language guide, as well as a good cook! I had never been to Spain and was only used to the Latin American accent, so after 2 weeks with Pilar, both my comprehension of the Spanish accent as well as my conversational abilities definitely improved. I enjoyed a wonderful bike ride to the coast in the city, hiked around the hills right outside Pilar's house, walked amongst orange groves, shopped for xmas gifts for my family, explored the old historic town, and spent time with Pilar's kind family while chatting in Spanish & eating some yummy Paella. Her home was comfortable and located in the mountains just outside of Valencia. I appreciated how she was flexible with my personal pace and learning style, as well as very accommodating with my dietary preferences. I’d highly recommend Spanish Express and their Valencia program!

Ardeshir Mohsen

Spanish Express Immersion Programme - Valencia, 12th - 24th June 2023

I stopped learning Spanish in May 2014, as soon as I finished secondary school.

After my brother did a French immersion programme in Paris, I thought it would be a wonderful idea for me to do something similar in Spain. I did my immersion programme in Valencia in June 2023 by living at my teacher's house outside the city.

Whilst in Valencia, I did not only have daily morning classes, but I also practiced the language in real-life situation such as when shopping, at restaurants and when sightseeing.

What was your funniest moment?
When I ended up arriving in Valencia at 1AM, following a 5 hour flight delay from London Heathrow.
Pros
  • Comfortable housing and great hospitality.
  • Amazing weather and people in Valencia.
  • Delicious food, especially the home-made, Paella.
Cons
  • Issues with air conditioning system.
  • Loads of mosquito bites.
  • I found the listening (escuchar) sections difficult.
Frederic

Super cours d'espagnol

J'ai passé une semaine en immersion totale chez Pilar, professeur d'espagnol près de Valence.
Les cours prodigués sont excellents. Pilar s'adapte parfaitement au niveau de l'étudiant et fait ses cours sur des thèmes que l'on choisit, avec toujours un vocabulaire actuel, adapté aux discussions de tous les jours.
Le logement est parfait. La maison est grande, calme dans un environnement arboré. En plus d'être une très bonne professeur, Picardie est également très bonne cuisinière. Elle vous fait découvrir également la cuisine du pays.
L'apres-midi je profitais de ballades ou visites des environs avec Pilar. J'ai ainsi pu découvrir la ville de Valencia, et des plages autour de Gilet.
Je recommande vivement ce cours

Translation:
I spent a week in total immersion with Pilar, a Spanish teacher near Valencia.
The courses provided are excellent. Pilar adapts perfectly to the level of the student and gives her lessons on themes that we choose, always with current vocabulary, adapted to everyday discussions.
The accommodation is perfect. The house is large, quiet in a wooded environment. In addition to being a very good teacher, Picardie is also a very good cook. She also introduces you to the country's cuisine.
In the afternoon I enjoyed walks or visits to the surrounding area with Pilar. I was able to discover the city of Valencia, and the beaches around Gilet.
I highly recommend this course

Pros
  • Cours parfait
  • Accueil
  • Activites
Cons
  • Rien
Eleanor

Best immersion experience I have ever had

I stayed for one week in Barcelona, with the intention of boosting my language skills before returning to university (where I study Spanish). From the moment I enrolled on the course, Mónica was nothing but helpful and enthusiastic. The week consisted of Spanish classes (Mónica was so adaptable and helped me with the things I specifically wanted to practice) and Spanish immersion activities, including exciting excursions to the beautiful places Barcelona has to offer, and fun activities like kayaking and walking Mónica’s beautiful puppies in the scenic mountains. Mónica well and truly shared her culture with me, and exposed me to the ways of the Spanish people, from mealtimes to actually meeting some of her close family and friends. She gave me a well-rounded experience of immersion, and one which shall stay with me forever. My favourite thing about the course was the fact that I wasn’t just there to learn; I was there to enjoy my time, and Mónica made that possible for me. We didn’t just talk about Spanish grammar, but we had conversations about everyday life, and REAL things that I was passionate about. It was so effortless and natural. Conversation never felt forced or uncomfortable with Mónica. I will certainly be back…it hasn’t even been a week and I’m already ready to come back! Thank you so much to Spanish Express for such a wonderful time.

Pros
  • My host (Mónica) was absolutely faultless. I felt so comfortable in her home.
  • The town where I stayed was beautiful.
  • The flexibility of the course, and being able to create a plan with Mónica which fit my needs and interests.
Cons
  • Not staying longer!
susanne

Title: Best way to experience Menorca

Title: Best way to experience Menorca
Participating in the Spanish immersion program at Santiago's house in Menorca, nestled in the enchanting Balearic Islands, was an absolute delight. From the moment I arrived, I was welcomed into Santiago's cozy home, setting the tone for an immersive and personalized language learning journey. The one-on-one lessons were tailored to my individual needs, ensuring steady progress and a deeper understanding of Spanish.

Living with a native Spanish speaker on the picturesque island of Menorca was a unique opportunity. Daily interactions in Spanish provided me with the chance to practice and improve my language skills, and Santiago's patience and encouraging guidance made the learning process enjoyable and effective. His expertise in teaching and passion for the language were evident in every lesson, making even the most complex concepts easy to grasp.

Exploring the stunning landscapes and rich culture of Menorca under Santiago's guidance was a true highlight. From breathtaking beaches to historic sites, I gained a deeper appreciation for the island's history and traditions. The program provided an immersive and authentic experience that extended beyond language learning, allowing me to connect with the local community and create lasting memories.

In conclusion, the Spanish immersion program in Menorca was a transformative experience that combined effective language learning with cultural exploration. If you're looking for an unforgettable way to learn Spanish while enjoying the beauty of the Balearic Islands, this program is an excellent choice.