Canterbury Summer TEFL + Camp Counsellor Placement

Programme discounts on TEFL training+Spanish classes, 6 month+1 year student visas

We are currently offering a limited promotional discount on our 6 month and 1 year programmes both of which
include student visas and housing options.

Since 2007 Canterbury Tefl has been offering a unique TEFL COURSE in JUNE that includes special modules on how to teach children and adolescents in summer camps.

The main features of the course include: Intensive Hands-On Practical Course, 120+ hours, including on-site camp counsellor training; dynamic, enjoyable classes taught by a caring, highly experienced and well-rounded team of trainers, Summer Job placement in Summer Camps throughout Spain upon successful completion of the course; Guaranteed TEFL Job teaching English in Madrid during the academic year upon successful completion of the course at Canterbury Consulting Spain.

Accommodation, transportation and meals are provided in the months of July and August at the summer camps.

We sponsor Student Visas for all program participants.

Laurel

English Adventures

I have had a wonderful experience working with the English Adventures Program at Canterbury Consulting Spain. The organization and leadership within the company are far superior to other company´s I have worked for in my six years of living in Spain. James has a unique vision that makes working for him and the program itself an unforgettable experience.

During the program I was able to meet many interesting people who were truly passionate about education. It was such a positive environment to work in and it was refreshing to see how open James was to collaborate.

Working with English Adventures was great preparation for teaching in a formal classroom environment. I see how valuable my experience in camps was for working in schools. It has been a great addition to my CV and one that is looked highly upon.

I would highly recommend working with Canterbury Consulting Spain.

Ashley

Incredible Experience

My experience with Canterbury was and continues to be amazing. My journey with the academy started in the summer of 2011 and still continues with the constant support I get from the director, James.

I've worked at a few different camps in Spain and English Adventures is without a doubt the best one I have worked at. The program is original and exciting for both teachers and campers, unlike other camps that focus on English grammar and vocabulary. Working at English Adventures camps has taught me so much about working with children of all ages, which can be applied to a classroom setting, such as classroom management, how to connect with kids, flexibility, and getting out of my comfort zone.

Since my time working at the camps I've worked as an auxiliar in Madrid, served in the Peace Corps as a teacher, and am now finishing up a Master's of Arts in Education in California. I truly believe that my experiences working with English Adventures have helped me be successful in all of the aforementioned activities and left me with so many great memories! I highly recommend Canterbury for anyone considering it.

Marlowe

Canterbury TEFL - Just The Start

I completed Canterbury's amazing TEFL training program back in the summer of 2012. I had just graduated college and it was my first time in Europe. James and his staff did a fantastic job at welcoming us and getting us warmed up to the beautiful city of Madrid. Canterbury has two site locations in Madrid, and our classes were taken at their site in Malasaña , a very hip and vibrant neighborhood.

Classes were fun and interactive, and plenty of role playing and presentations were incorporated to better represent actual teaching scenarios and situations. The on-site training and internship at one of Canterbury's partner camps was essential in order to get hands-on experience and perspective on how actual camp life is like. The final placement as a full-time camp English counselor was incredibly rewarding. It was the perfect, fun introduction into the world of EFL and teaching English abroad. I made many wonderful friendships while at camp - both with the Spanish staff and with my fellow TEFLers - many of whom I'm still in regular contact with today.

I enjoyed my time at Canterbury so much that I decided to teach full-time in Madrid and returned to work as a camp counselor with them for two more summers. It total I lived and taught in Madrid for almost three years. My time at Canterbury was the start of an amazing journey into the world of teaching and it continues to impact my life today. I'm now going on my second year of teaching in Thailand. I'm also currently completing a Master's in Education. While my life and career continue to develop, I still think back on my many beautiful memories in Spain - and it all started with Canterbury.

About Canterbury TEFL

Canterbury is one of longest running and most reputable TEFL programs in Spain with Canterbury Consulting Spain, the parent language school, providing English language services in Madrid since 1994.

We are actively involved in education through the...